Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Anthem Kneelers?  Unamerican!  Unpatriotic!  Disrespecting the flag, those in uniform, and the whole country!

Michael Cohen & Paul Manafort?  *crickets chirping*

God damn.  Republicans are such vapid fascist imbeciles.  They obsess over meaningless shit, demanding that their arbitrary little conventions BE RESPECTED. Oh but treason and actual crimes that put the American system at risk?    Yeah, not so sure what to think about that.  

Fuck you, you worthless fucking self-serving weasels.  We see you for what you are, you shameless worms.  

• Like 4

You would think that with image consultants and professional photographers they would find 1 pose and angle that might flatter Cruz to some extent.  Left side, dont stare directly into the camera, smile with more/less teeth or whatever.  

Instead every photo of Cruz looks like the photo you delete of yourself.  

He does seem to have aged quite a bit since 2016.

5 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Just like the rest of the gop and foxnews dorks. They “hate” Hollywood until fucking chachi or James Woods starts speaking out. Frauds. 

I don’t want to hear what George Clooney has to say about anything.   Oh Willie Aames has something to say against Hillary.  Book him on tucker Carlson tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

But this somehow isn’t disrespecting the flag. 

51V8wYHpQML._SL1024_.jpg

This is some straight up fascist shit.  

Also, why is CBS tweeting out bald faced lies about Beto?  He didn't say there was nothing more American than NFL players protesting the "national anthem." 

51 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Also, why is CBS tweeting out bald faced lies about Beto?  He didn't say there was nothing more American than NFL players protesting the "national anthem."

Typical leftist media.  Always spreading lies about true conservatives.

• Like 2

So, will Beto and Cruz debate?

Cliff's is that Cruz is being classic Cruz and unwilling to discuss terms or bend at all, and says Beto still hasn't agreed.  Beto's camp has publicly stated several times that they continue to reach out to the Cruz camp and are getting nothing back.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Will-Ted-Cruz-and-Beto-O-Rourke-debate-next-13181534.php

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

It's what people put on their cars now because they think it will help get them out of a speeding ticket. 

Last time I got out of a ticket, I was wearing a motorcycle helmet with a Shamrock sticker on it. I had put it on there to wish for good luck and to celebrate alcoholism. I wore it the whole time I worked in a completely African-American neighborhood.

Only later did I find out it was a common Aryan Brotherhood symbol. hey hey HEYYYY.

Never removed it. I figure if I stole it from the Irish, I can steal it from the AB too.

28 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

So, will Beto and Cruz debate?

Cliff's is that Cruz is being classic Cruz and unwilling to discuss terms or bend at all, and says Beto still hasn't agreed.  Beto's camp has publicly stated several times that they continue to reach out to the Cruz camp and are getting nothing back.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Will-Ted-Cruz-and-Beto-O-Rourke-debate-next-13181534.php

Beto should offer to debate Cruz down in the valley in Spanish.  When Cruz refuses, Beto should say "I want to debate Mr. Cruz in Spanish because, since we are having five debates (or six) and Spanish is the first language of 27% of Texans,  it seems like we should debate in the language that is easiest for them to understand."

Had my appendix taken out this past week and since I'm now an empty-nester with a daughter off to college, my beloved 77-yo mom drove down to Austin to help her ailing son...

Before she left, a couple of days ago, I played the Beto kneeling video for her on my phone to demonstrate why there was some appeal (she almost threw my Beto yard sign away while I was in the hospital).

After watching it, she acknowledged that he seems well-meaning, intelligent, and informed but she still won't vote for him because: "Your father has told me I should always vote for the party." I tried to reason with her on that point but to no avail.

I guess the win coming out of that is, for now, she doesn't believe Beto is some Satan-worshipping, drug-fueled communist.

Beto should offer to debate Cruz down in the valley in Spanish.  When Cruz refuses, Beto should say "I want to debate Mr. Cruz in Spanish because, since we are having five debates (or six) and Spanish is the first language of 27% of Texans,  it seems like we should debate in the language that is easiest for them to understand."

He already did this and Cruz declined saying his Spanish wasn’t good enough for a debate.
  • Like 1

Phone banked this morning. Got multiple folks that expressed similar sentiments. One guy even asked me who the Republican was after I said Beto was running against Ted Cruz. I know it's not exclusive to Rs but JFC that kind of bond partisanship isn't just annoying, it actively degrades quality of government.

FWIW, overall spread was pretty even. By far largest camp was What?/Who?/Don't care/Don't call me.

Edit: Meant to quote bolverk but fucked up on phone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SIAP  
Thanks. Reading it out. This and the fact he got 800 people to a rally in Abilene tells me he has a damn good shot at this:

I’m a Christian, and I don’t believe in gay marriage, and I don’t believe in abortion as a form of birth control,” she told me. “But I think what Christians really want is freedom to impose their beliefs on everyone else, and that’s wrong.” She likes George W. Bush, despises Trump, and voted for Cruz when he ran for Senate in 2012. This time, though, she’s for O’Rourke. “I think he can persuade anyone who’s willing to listen with an open mind,” she said.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ERhine said:

Then he should keep doing it.

I dunno, could backfire on Beto.

SPANISH DEBATE TIME:

Beto: Yo soy hombre sincero de donde crece la palma. Y antes de morirme, quiero---

Cruz, spittle flying: WHAH DON'T YEW SPAKE 'MERICAN, BWAH? THIS'S 'MERICUH, YEW BETTER GIT YORE ASS OVER TO LINE ONE CUZ AH AIN'T PRESSIN NO TWO FER SPAINISH!

(whoops and concrete Dairy Queen table top flippings all over Aggyheim)

I just got back from the Sam Houston State town hall meeting.  This guy is awesome!  He spoke for 30 minutes then took questions after that.  A fantastic orator.  I think maybe in the whole hour he said "uh" one time.  No "you knows" either.  Very energetic without being overwhelming.  If you get the chance to hear him speak live, I definitely encourage it.  He's got charisma out the top and a platform to back it up.  Well organized event through and through. 

Topics he brought up were immigration, military and VA, teachers and retired teachers.  All the messages were about how we as a whole country were at a crossroads to make changes for all, not just for a select few.

He fielded questions on climate change, 2nd amendment, women's rights/equality and student loans/higher education.   Not a word was heard about the kneeling, which was good.  While TC is trying to smear with that, Beto is lapping him with real issues real people are interested in. 

He spoke knowledgeably on all the topics and repeatedly said it was ok to disagree, but if we never started talking, then we would never reach a solution to anything.  And he had some ideas or potential plans for programs on all that that were logic based. 

He did call out Trump on immigration pretty hard.   He also said something about our country voting out of fear and not potential anymore. 

It was a very mixed crowd.  Even with the students there I would guess half were "olds" like me.  Not sure of the numbers but 6 to 700 there.

• Like 4