Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Damn it, don't you assholes go ruining my fun! I have many words for you people.

Not a troll, but I do love arguing about politics. And since work and family are off limits, this is my outlet. Not much free time, so I mainly lurk these days

I was probably one of the few people who enjoyed the Cloak Room. Even learned a few things while arguing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He's throwing out literal barrels of red meat and Beto keeps closing the gap.  The standard playbook isn't working.

This is when having an actual record to run on would be real helpful.  He can't point to a single thing that he's accomplished while in the Senate.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't understand the negging of long time posters you disagree with.  Trolls I never heard of til they showed up on surly to shit on everything and lie, yeah, those fucks I'll neg into oblivion all day long.  I agree with Brotha sometimes and disagree with him others, but he doesn't troll any more than Hugo does.  Neither of them are neg worthy.

9 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yeah I don't understand the negging of long time posters you disagree with.  Trolls I never heard of til they showed up on surly to shit on everything and lie, yeah, those fucks I'll neg into oblivion all day long.  I agree with Brotha sometimes and disagree with him others, but he doesn't troll any more than Hugo does.  Neither of them are neg worthy.

Agreed.   I think the problem is that the up votes and negs started out different here than on the Shag.   They are public, not private, and they didn't crowd source ban at first, so they became a good shorthand way of registering strong agreement or disagreement publicly without having to make a "this" post.   Now that they can crowd source ban, people should go lighter on the negs. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

36 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He's throwing out literal barrels of red meat and Beto keeps closing the gap.  The standard playbook isn't working.

Too soon to say.  If there's no movement in the polls or even a tightening by next week  (after this anthem kneeling kerfuffle) then it's red alert time for Cruz.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/403786-poll-cruz-leads-orourke-by-one-point-in-texas-senate-race

Sen. Ted Cruz (R) leads his Democratic challenger, Rep. Beto O’Rourke, by just 1 point in their Texas Senate race, well within the margin of error of a new poll from Emerson College. 

The survey, which was released on Monday, found that Cruz leads O'Rourke 38 to 37 percent. Four percent of voters favor a different candidate and 21 percent remain undecided. 

The survey comes as O'Rourke continues to gain momentum in his quest to unseat Cruz.

While Texas has not elected a Democrat to the Senate in three decades, polls continue to show that the race between O'Rourke and Cruz will be tight. Just last week, a new NBC News–Marist survey found that Cruz led O'Rourke by  4 points. 

15 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Agreed.   I think the problem is that the up votes and negs started out different here than on the Shag.   They are public, not private, and they didn't crowd source ban at first, so they became a good shorthand way of registering strong agreement or disagreement publicly without having to make a "this" post.   Now that they can crowd source ban, people should go lighter on the negs. 

Yeah, I was actually unaware that rep was changed so that it could ban. Important safety tip Egon. Probably should be more prominently marked on Board Discussion. 

Ted really shows that he doesn't know how to appeal to anyone that isn't a Republican.  And to be fair, he's really never had to do it.  He's only run (& won) 1 general election in 2012.   After beating Dewhurst in the primary, the general was only a formality.

It still surprising that he beat Dewhurst in the run-off even after Dewhurst beat Cruz 44-34% in the initial primary.  

But back on this race, I wonder how much they paid a marketing firm to come up with Tough as Texas, using red, white and blue colors, and for some reason a flame over Texas. And why a star over Houston?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I assume the star is over Houston since Cruz claims Houston as his residence.  I mean, Beto is from El Paso, which is basically the worst parts of Mexico, and practically California, and those aren't Texas values.

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Really?  Texas must be going soft if that's the case.

ted+cruz+Midland+Web.jpg

Really, he's just managed to insult Texas.

Texas lets a guy insult its wife and father, and then fellates him in full supplication?  Huh.  The Texas I've always known and loved is just a TOUCH tougher than that.

Think this fella woulda bowed down to the man that insulted his wife and father to the whole world?

Hamer.jpg

Nope.

How 'bout a more accurate motto, Ted:  "ONE COWARDLY CANADIAN"

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Cruz is up by two points, and has decided the way to win is by playing prevent defense and praying the clock runs out before Beto gets within field goal range. 

I suppose Cruz can attack Beto about being a lackey for Pelosi or Schumer but I assume that he's going to ride the NFL anthem issue to the end as his main message.   

Many that feel very strongly against the players kneeling but those are most likely people that were already going to vote Cruz.  He might convince a few percentage to show up at the polls but I can't believe it will be that many.

I'm for Beto but I'm still have the opinion that the GOP juggernaut in Texas will deliver for Cruz.    I also think Cruz will soon have a big influx of out-of-state money in an attempt to keep the Senate red so Trump can appoint more conservative judges.  As national PACs conclude the House is lost, the Senate majority is the next defense.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Bongino Election Scorecard:

2012 - Lost Maryland Senate (General)

2014 - Lost Maryland House (General)

2016 - Lost Florida House (Primary)

Cruz sure can pick 'em!

He didn't lose, he just ran out of votes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wrong. Brothahorn is usually a good poster but in this thread he made a bunch of terrible posts that were basically trolling. He deserved to get negged. No I didn't neg him.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, relapse98 said:

So, apparently Neal Dikeman (Class of 98, whoop!)  is the libertarian candidate and we also have the independents Carl Bible, Jonathan Jenkins and Bob McNeil.

In the spirit of inclusion, Beto should have a debate with all of those guys and invite Ted.  When Ted doesn't show, post an empty chair. 

53 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Cruz is up by two points, and has decided the way to win is by playing prevent defense and praying the clock runs out before Beto gets within field goal range. 

If that smug pussy isnt careful, he will find himself needing a hailmary himself. I realize that it would take a special kind of retard to lose a Senate race in Texas as the GOP incumbent, but .......well.......

ted-cruz.jpg

So, the Ted Cruz campaign tour pics.....can anyone find a single smile for me?  EVERY single person has a sour face.  Contrast that with Beto's crowds, which while there are plenty of serious expressions, are full of smiles and actual positive enthusiasm.

And it genuinely matches up with the folks I know on either side of the race.  Folks supporting Cruz are unpleasantly scared, angry, and humorless (BUILD THE WALL!  PROTECT US FROM MOOSLEMS!  GIMME EVEN MORE GUNS!).  Folks supporting Beto ahve come across as hopeful, positive, and embracing and repeating a message that ALL Texans are important.

Looking for a smile at a Cruz rally is a waste of time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I assume the guy in the wheelchair is Tim Lee, who lost his legs from a land mine in Vietnam and is who Cruz is tweeting about (nominally) today

I appreciate your service to the country, but I'm not standing for you and they're not kneeling for you either.

Even Dotus knew how loose with the truth Cruz is.

Edited by Message Board User

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, the Ted Cruz campaign tour pics.....can anyone find a single smile for me?  EVERY single person has a sour face.  Contrast that with Beto's crowds, which while there are plenty of serious expressions, are full of smiles and actual positive enthusiasm.

And it genuinely matches up with the folks I know on either side of the race.  Folks supporting Cruz are unpleasantly scared, angry, and humorless (BUILD THE WALL!  PROTECT US FROM MOOSLEMS!  GIMME EVEN MORE GUNS!).  Folks supporting Beto ahve come across as hopeful, positive, and embracing and repeating a message that ALL Texans are important.

Looking for a smile at a Cruz rally is a waste of time.

People smile at Beto’s rallies Bc they like Beto. No one liked Ted.  Ask Heidi 

Edited by Js1

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Crowd size estimates up in Corsicana?

I'd guess 100 or so from the photo, could be more elsewhere. Coincidentally, based on photos that also appears to be the average age of attendees at Cruz events.

• Like 1