Jump to content
Machinator

Shane Buechele is transferring to SMU

Recommended Posts

Shane still currently on the team while also in the transfer portal.  May go thru both Winter Offseason and Spring Ball too.......

“Shane, so proud for him and excited to see what the future holds for him,” Herman said. “Again, this is new for both of us. What I told him was whatever you’re comfortable with. I think it would be good for you to go through the winter offseason with (strength coach) Yancy (McKnight). I think it would be good for you to go through spring practice and stay sharp.

“But I’m also hoping that he doesn’t have to make a decision until May, either,” Herman added. “We certainly want what’s best for him. Yeah, he’s part of our team.”

https://www.hookem.com/story/transfers-texas-coach-tom-herman-excited-new-look-quarterback-room/

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 9:37 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Pretty complete team player.  He's probably good enough, too, to perhaps further his career in the right offense.

He could start for a lot of P5 schools.  He needs to go as much as it hurts not to have a reliable backup.

 

Best wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 10:43 AM, Dr Fear said:

Lulz at what people pay for AT&T.

It will be a cold, cold day before I give up my grandfathered unlimited data plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 8:04 PM, LTtxfan said:

Shane still currently on the team while also in the transfer portal.  May go thru both Winter Offseason and Spring Ball too.......

“Shane, so proud for him and excited to see what the future holds for him,” Herman said. “Again, this is new for both of us. What I told him was whatever you’re comfortable with. I think it would be good for you to go through the winter offseason with (strength coach) Yancy (McKnight). I think it would be good for you to go through spring practice and stay sharp.

“But I’m also hoping that he doesn’t have to make a decision until May, either,” Herman added. “We certainly want what’s best for him. Yeah, he’s part of our team.”

https://www.hookem.com/story/transfers-texas-coach-tom-herman-excited-new-look-quarterback-room/

One thing that's clear about Herman, once you're one of his guys, he's ride or die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It will be a cold, cold day before I give up my grandfathered unlimited data plan. 
You do know vzw offers that for 40 a line correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Two words: throttled

Oh I know and I’ll still take it. 

I have used astronomical data ever since I got the first iPhone and there’s absolutely no way I could ever change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I have used astronomical data ever since I got the first iPhone and there’s absolutely no way I could ever change

Yeah, I look at a lot of porn on the internet too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Doesn’t, like, every provider offer unlimited data plans?

Yes.  Its why I gave up my grandfathered plan.  AT&T is giving so much shit away (like international plans) with their new unlimited plans that it didn't make sense to keep the grandfathered anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, I look at a lot of porn on the internet too.

It’s a must if you’re gonna wank it in public 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 9:12 PM, bullet said:

He could start for a lot of P5 schools.  He needs to go as much as it hurts not to have a reliable backup.

 

Best wishes.

This. Shane has done everything asked of him good or bad and never was a prima donna. Shane is a Longhorn. It doesn't matter what team he plays for.

He should do what's best for his future. 

Edited by RPM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m fine if he’s participating in winter conditioning and Spring practice, but Shane shouldn’t be taking any snaps away from Casey Thompson.

It would seem that it would be good for the defense to play against a veteran QB for at least a few series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 10:04 PM, LTtxfan said:

“Shane, so proud for him and excited to see what the future holds for him,” Herman said. “Again, this is new for both of us. What I told him was whatever you’re comfortable with. I think it would be good for you to go through the winter offseason with (strength coach) Yancy (McKnight).

Please let this happen if he comes to SMU. Work your magic Yancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 1:30 AM, CastHorn said:

Casey confirmed he’s removing his name from the transfer portal & returning to Texas.

Seriously good news. Can’t wait to see him at the spring game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is well suited for the air raid. As a fourth year JR with plenty of B12 experience, AAC defenses won't phase him too much. I expect he'll play well there. If SMU has anything to work with in terms of OL and skill guys they could have a have a nice couple years. Good luck to him. Hope Sam and Casey stay healthy.

 

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Will he win the starting job?  I have no idea what their roster looks like.

I doubt he would leave Texas for a lower-tier program if he didn't have a good chance at starting there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything special about grad school at SMU that's related to Sports Mgt??

At least in DFW there's plenty of professional athletes, and I'm sure Shane's Dad knows a lot of Sports Agents......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will watch SMU games next year.

I mean, not all of them. But definitely one or two.

I'm not going to sit down and watch from start to finish, but it'll be on while I'm doing stuff.

Damn, this "Good Luck, you're always a Horn to us" post isn't going so well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back to Austin as a staff member. He's one of Herman's guys.

Edited by Yuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I will watch SMU games next year.
I mean, not all of them. But definitely one or two.
I'm not going to sit down and watch from start to finish, but it'll be on while I'm doing stuff.
Damn, this "Good Luck, you're always a Horn to us" post isn't going so well.

“Ok ok, the tv won’t actually be on, but I’ll be thinking about SMU football. Ok ok I won’t be actually thinking about SMU football...”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Will he win the starting job?  I have no idea what their roster looks like.

Yes.

9 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

I will watch SMU games next year.

I mean, not all of them. But definitely one or two.

I'm not going to sit down and watch from start to finish, but it'll be on while I'm doing stuff.

Damn, this "Good Luck, you're always a Horn to us" post isn't going so well.

I went to school there and this is basically how much I watch our football team. 

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Anything special about grad school at SMU that's related to Sports Mgt??

This https://www.smu.edu/simmons/academics/sportmanagement/ms

As far as national rankings go, no idea. But he will get a foot in the door at Cox. Kid is going to have basically any connection he wants after undergrad at UT, grad at SMU and playing quarterback for both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

As far as national rankings go, no idea. But he will get a foot in the door at Cox. Kid is going to have basically any connection he wants after undergrad at UT, grad at SMU and playing quarterback for both. 

Thx.... yeah if you're gonna live in DFW, it definitely will help your career to add a master's degree from SMU.

Fixed link: 

https://www.smu.edu/simmons/Academics/SportManagement

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LTtxfan said:

Thx.... yeah if you're gonna live in DFW, it definitely will help your career to add a master's degree from SMU.

I mean... it won't hurt regardless of where you live. 

It's becoming a much more nationally recognized degree. 

Not quite a "target" school yet but just under that tier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a stretch but took my son to his first longhorn game this year versus Baylor. Shane came through and notched us a win, meaning planting the seed early on how we do this on the 40 acres. Now he's all in, nothing but family. Always a longhorn. Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That throw off his back foot to Burt against ND is still one of the most impressive throws I’ve ever seen a college QB make. 

Kill it up in Dallas, Boosh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...