Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 12:28 AM, hornian said:

The Mi Tienda refried beans are legit. 4 ingredients: Water, Pinto Beans, Lard, Salt

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-mi-tienda-refried-pinto-beans/1705165

Better than most Mexican restaurant’s beans north of San Antonio. 

There's a new one that has chorizo that's the bees knees. 

17 hours ago, hornian said:

I actually prefer the OG, but the chorizo one is very good. 

I also like their bagged Mexican rice they sell, usually next to the bags of beans. 

was disappointed in the rice. possibly because i expected it to be as good as the beans. wasn't bad. but wasn't "fucking awesome" like the beans in a bag are.

On 9/5/2019 at 8:02 PM, DougO said:

I was at HEB a while ago and they're having this thing where all HEB branded stuff is 10% off. I don't know if it's some kind of anniversary or Texas national holiday of some kind or what.

The jalapeno and cheese summer sausage is sublime. Grabbed a couple of cans of their charro beans to stash away. The Heritage pepper jack sausage ring is a constant in my basket and fridge. HEB stuff rules, almost without exception. It should be a dang holiday.

i got that too. had no idea. for most non-produce/protein products, i typically buy HEB branded shit anyway. ended up "saving" $25 that day, which was the most I've ever "saved" when checking out. 

• 2 weeks later...

H-E-B will now serve Killen's Barbecue brisket.

The barbecue restaurant announced the news on Instagram that the supermarket will sell its seasoned pit-smoked pecan and oak brisket.

The best part is the brisket is fully cooked, so you can cut out the wait time. The brisket retails at $12.99 per pound.

18 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

H-E-B will now serve Killen's Barbecue brisket.

The barbecue restaurant announced the news on Instagram that the supermarket will sell its seasoned pit-smoked pecan and oak brisket.

The best part is the brisket is fully cooked, so you can cut out the wait time. The brisket retails at $12.99 per pound.

not at my HEB yet sadly

is this state wide or only in Houston area?

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, deadshank said:

Related image

Wanna get fat and then go get an angioplasty?  Step right up to  HEB's bakery. The sour cream crullers are verruh good.

Glad I scanned the last page before I posted. Holy torpedoes, batman. Best damn old fashioneds I've ever tried and you know I'm a reliable source since I'm already fat. 

Heat it up for 10 seconds and it falls apart in your hand and gives your mouth an orgasm. A mouthgasm, if you will.

7 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Glad I scanned the last page before I posted. Holy torpedoes, batman. Best damn old fashioneds I've ever tried and you know I'm a reliable source since I'm already fat. 

Heat it up for 10 seconds and it falls apart in your hand and gives your mouth an orgasm. A mouthgasm, if you will.

I gave your mom a mouthgasm last night.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:23 PM, CooterBrown said:

HEB carne guisada and refrieds. They’re aight. Meat was low grade but tasted good. My homemade guisada is better.

c9dce46b5c9f00e7bff55a0fd83b52a9.jpg

My homemade is ok, but could be better. I’ve got some axis round thawing, could you share your recipe? Could be a good recipe for shit you kill and eat thread.

Edited by LW Goatman

My homemade is ok, but could be better. I’ve got some axis round thawing, could you share your recipe? Could be a good recipe for shit you kill and eat thread.

Use this:
ef525b8e64ffe4cef11a8ffb1d48db6a.jpg

Coat 2 lbs stew meat in flour, salt, pepper. Brown in oil. Add a diced large onion and sauté. Add seasoning and 3 cups beef stock. Cover and simmer for probably 1-1.5 hours. Add 4 diced tomatoes and a diced green pepper. Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes. Uncover and salt to taste. Let it simmer uncovered and reduce. To make it thicker add a cornstarch slurry.
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Those are outstanding, I agree. 

But I suggest that you get you one of their glazed croissants and you’ll never look at the crullers again.

Their glazed croissants, when fresh, are perfection  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Use this:
ef525b8e64ffe4cef11a8ffb1d48db6a.jpg

Coat 2 lbs stew meat in flour, salt, pepper. Brown in oil. Add a diced large onion and sauté. Add seasoning and 3 cups beef stock. Cover and simmer for probably 1-1.5 hours. Add 4 diced tomatoes and a diced green pepper. Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes. Uncover and salt to taste. Let it simmer uncovered and reduce. To make it thicker add a cornstarch slurry.

Closing in on completion, incredible. Thanks for the notes. Y’all on the sidelines need to get in on this

• Like 1

When I was a kid I would sometimes get the scoop of chili in a bag of cheetos. The baked ones worked best. The Frito pie was a regular thing back in my school days and there was a little discount store just around the block, good cheap lunch, pick your bag and they'll scoop the chili and onions in. You get tired of eating Fritos all the time.

There wasn't any such thing as scoops back in the olden days. They had the regularass Fritos and the huge king sized ones, which I guess was the predecessor to scoops. The little skinny worked better mixed the chili, but you can't let them soak too long and get all soggy.