ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

5 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

Ugh I hate how accurate this is. 

If you really wanted to make it take off, have the focus shift from the games and teams themselves, to the announcers. Turn the announcers, the ones who go to the games and "react" live, into the show. GIve them big names and big personalities, let them star on shows. Have them be incredibly, openly partisan, and also have them gamble. So people would follow their favorite football reactionaries, not just because they are big and flashy and showy, but because following their bets earns them money.

"I"m pulling super hard for Texas to win this week because BigCockRon is all in on Oklahoma and I want to wipe the grin off his face."

And so a season is less about following the teams, but rather following the announcer on which specific games they personally attend. "Ohhhh sick, BigCockRon is going to USC Notre Dame this year!"

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed

Yeah as much as I hate Duke, this is a really cool opportunity for some actual humor on the show...hope Ken can deliver.  Because I can't take any more bad puns from Herbstreit.  

Obviously, gotta take care of business against Kansas.  But I don't see how next week, they're not traveling back to Dallas for the last Big XII showdown of OU-TX.  Especially considering we should be comfortably in the Top 3/5 and OU has an outside shot at #10, worst case still solidly in Top 15.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/24/2023 at 10:55 AM, ScottS said:

Is there any chance that the guest picker is someone other than Coach K?

I suppose they could keep it in house and bring out Jay Bilas to rag on the NCAA with every pick.

Wild card, dark horse candidate:  Steve Spurrier.

3 hours ago, Modessit said:

So I guess there is a chance it is someone other than Coach K.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Was thinking about bringing a big middle finger that says Brett Yorkman 

Yorkman can Saddle MY Donkey

or

We are Still here
   in Big12 Until 2024
 when we Can finally
     go. It's Kind of a
     big realIgnment, so
    we say Thanks to
       Yorkman

• Hook 'Em 1

Listening to “Full Ride” this morning on XM84, Childers was going off about McAfee.  About how he’s ruining Game Day and it’s becoming the Pat McAfee show.  Basically he can’t stand him and I agree.

Think McAfee should be 8-9 with pre-gameday deep dive into whatever university they’re at and 9-11 for the real show.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Think McAfee should be 8-9 with pre-gameday deep dive into whatever university they’re at and 9-11 for the real show.

Yeah only an hour of that dude doing his circus carnival act at the beginning of GameDay is a great idea!!!  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rip76 said:

Listening to “Full Ride” this morning on XM84, Childers was going off about McAfee.  About how he’s ruining Game Day and it’s becoming the Pat McAfee show.  Basically he can’t stand him and I agree.

Childers is half right: Yes, McAfee is a worthless and immensely irritating piece of shit. And it's a hell of a sad commentary that what at one time was a groundbreaking show like CGD is now being tailored  to attract viewers of such levels of intelligence and sophistication that Pat-Fuckin'-McAfee becomes the perfect pitchman. But Childers is wrong about McAfee ruining the show--he's too late; it's dogshit already.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I heard the Childers rant at McAfee this morning and laughed. Childers can get high and mighty, but he's a fucking buffoon himself. He goes off on stupid shit all of the time and his pious whining about the sanctity of college football comes across as pretty disingenuous when every third day he goes off on a rant about relegation for schools in conferences. 

In spite of myself, I like McAfee on Gameday. Apparently a lot of other folks do as well because the numbers allegedly up significantly. They traded David Pollack, who was an SEC honking blowhard that always said derogatory shit about Texas for McAfee, an unapologetic buffoon not afraid to actual take positions or change his mind based off of new information. 

It's hard for me to get worked up about someone saying that Old Crimson is irrelevant to most viewers after watching Kirk Herbstreit call my school, brand, and program a cesspool on national tv and not get even vaguely challenged by anyone else on set. 

• Hook 'Em 5