ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Where are they setting up inside the fair? Need to avoid that area.

Yeah, it was a clusterfuck last time when they set up in front of the main gate.  It also got very close to infringing on where we have pre-gamed for the last 20 years.  Hoping they move it to a different location.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I heard the Childers rant at McAfee this morning and laughed. Childers can get high and mighty, but he's a fucking buffoon himself. He goes off on stupid shit all of the time and his pious whining about the sanctity of college football comes across as pretty disingenuous when every third day he goes off on a rant about relegation for schools in conferences. 

In spite of myself, I like McAfee on Gameday. Apparently a lot of other folks do as well because the numbers allegedly up significantly. They traded David Pollack, who was an SEC honking blowhard that always said derogatory shit about Texas for McAfee, an unapologetic buffoon not afraid to actual take positions or change his mind based off of new information. 

It's hard for me to get worked up about someone saying that Old Crimson is irrelevant to most viewers after watching Kirk Herbstreit call my school, brand, and program a cesspool on national tv and not get even vaguely challenged by anyone else on set. 

Just Childers’ voice alone was enough for me to stop listening to him and Rick years ago. 

Surprisingly, I like Dusty and Danny, although Danny is dumber than a fucking rock. 

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Just Childers’ voice alone was enough for me to stop listening to him and Rick years ago. 

Surprisingly, I like Dusty and Danny, although Danny is dumber than a fucking rock. 

Agree on the voice.  But I like Rick.

It will be in front of the Cotton Bowl. Terrible choice given how much it bottles up the area. It's better over near the museums or next to the Texas Star. 

From the email I just got from Texas Athletics

State Fairgrounds will open at 7 a.m. prior to ESPN College GameDay LIVE from the Cotton Bowl Plaza outside Gate A beginning at 8 a.m.!

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 5.36.39 PM.png

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, mdmost said:

It will be in front of the Cotton Bowl. Terrible choice given how much it bottles up the area. It's better over near the museums or next to the Texas Star. 

From the email I just got from Texas Athletics

State Fairgrounds will open at 7 a.m. prior to ESPN College GameDay LIVE from the Cotton Bowl Plaza outside Gate A beginning at 8 a.m.!

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 5.36.39 PM.png

Terrible location. Loved it over by the museums and fountains. Much more open area. 

They really never have had a “Texas” guy.

Guest pickers at a Tx/Ou Gameday have been

2023 Baker Mayfield (OU)
2021 Mark Cuban (neither)
2018Toby Keith (OU)
2011 Blake Griffin (OU)
2009 Mark Cuban (neither)

2009 is first season they started having a guest picker every week it seems.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

5 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

2023 Baker Mayfield (OU)
2018Toby Keith (OU)
2011 Blake Griffin (OU)

I remember Roger making an appearance in 2018, but he was crashing the party. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

2023 Baker Mayfield (OU)
2018Toby Keith (OU)
2011 Blake Griffin (OU)

If they get Toby Keith you guys should get Natalie Portman. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

Toby Keith.  Larry the Cable Guy.  Shit, get Kid Rock.  The dumbest and most vacant people in America are OU fans by association.  get 'em all up on the stage and let's get it over with.  35% of America is dying to be more and more like these moronic fucks so let's speed up the process.  The Oklahoma Sooners are everything wrong with us.................fat, cheating, stupid, simple, small...small people.  They are no longer the mirror, they are the exalted celebration of the degradation of our Republic.  The University of Oklahoma is not a cancer.  They are symptom of the American disease that is unique to us and us alone.  They are a tumor we should have extracted long ago.  And now it has spread and many of you have it and don't even know it.  FUCK OU.  We're going to beat the shit out of them tomorrow.  But we're not gonna like what happens next. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Excuse you? Look, I love Jock as much as the next guy, but let's not overcomplicate things. JR Ewing is a top 5 all-time TV character. 

I admire your knowledge of football, and I appreciate your summaries for laypersons like me. 
JR did his evil dealings behind people’s backs. Jock should have waxed the floor with his cowardly son.  When Jock arrived on-scene in that big two-door Cadillac, shit was about to go down, whether it was good or bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I admire your knowledge of football, and I appreciate your summaries for laypersons like me. 
JR did his evil dealings behind people’s backs. Jock should have waxed the floor with his cowardly son.  When Jock arrived on-scene in that big two-door Cadillac, shit was about to go down, whether it was good or bad. 

If you just mean in terms of likeability, fair. But in terms of "best", JR is an archetype throughout the content world for antiheroes and villains whose primary motivator is greed. That role changed on-screen storytelling.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yeah, im fucking avoiding that Gameday location like the plague tomorrow. That area was already the worst bottleneck in the fair… cant imagine that tomorrow. 

Anyone who prioritizes their first wax paper cup beer and Fletcher's Corny Dog knows to enter the MLK gate instead.  The other side of the Fairgrounds is a mess.

On 10/5/2023 at 7:30 PM, LTtxfan said:

If in game stuff, might be fun to have 2 TV's going with McAfee on the sidelines...

Wait, you want to watch more Pat McAfee?  Jesus

Most annoying MF I can remember in a long time.  He might actually be a decent dude to hang out with but the fact they're shoving him down everyone's throat is a god damn nightmare.  GTFO 

• Hook 'Em 5