Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

5 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Michigan now annoys me more than Ohio State and SECSECSEC cheaterfuck schools. Pretty impressive.

I’m surprised at myself for feeling this way also.  
I always held Michigan up as an 1st rate academic institution that did things right. Their lack of integrity on this has been eye opening.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

I always held Michigan up as an 1st rate academic institution that did things right. Their lack of integrity on this has been eye opening.

Indeed.  The fact that they view themselves as "villains" and use the fact that they cheated their asses off as motivation because they feel wronged somehow is...something.

I now have questions about what Harbaugh did at his previous stops as well. 

Edited by Bevo14

30 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Indeed.  The fact that they view themselves as "villains" and use the fact that they cheated their asses off as motivation because they feel wronged somehow is...something.

I now have questions about what Harbaugh did at his previous stops as well. 

PM David Shaw

7 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Same as North Carolina during their cheating scandal a couple of years ago.  It's almost like no one has any integrity.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tex Long said:

The rule is against in-person scouting. I don't think there is a reference to filming or video, etc.

“any attempt to record, either through audio or video means, any signals given by an opposing player, coach or other team personnel is prohibited.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:
9 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Same as North Carolina during their cheating scandal a couple of years ago.  It's almost like no one has any integrity.

Starting to feel like everyone is just 2 kids in a trench coat.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Like when the Feds caught the Cardinals hacking the Astros.

Deflecting, straight out of the Astros playbook...

1.  We didn't cheat.  These reporters have an axe to grind.

2.  OK, we did cheat, but everyone else was also cheating.

3.  Yeah, we cheated, but it didn't actually help us.  Besides, not everyone on the team cheated.  

Am I missing any steps?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Beau Vine said:

3.  Yeah, we cheated, but it didn't actually help us.  Besides, not everyone on the team cheated.  

Am I missing any steps?

Yes ...

4.   Cope and seeth about them 2 time world series champs!

• Hook 'Em 5

The last few pages have been glorious:

• "Just for men reference" - beat me to the punch
  • "Day turned them in" - he should, it is his duty as tosu coach (as @Huckleberry noted)
  • How do they know Day turned them in?  Hacking?
  • 11 lawmakers asking for deference - Isn't there some superfund site (like Flint) that should be taking your attention
  • Since Stallions was suspended (Oct 20), MOV has improved - against the powerhouses of Michigan State and Purdue - also, sample size 2 = moron statement; oh and you only beat Purdue by 28.  They SUCK!
  • Michigan folks citing Antitrust, "everyone else does it", and other excuses and rationalizations.  And we thought MSU was the aggy school
  • Hook 'Em 1

All of the Ranger and Astro fans who bring that up look equally stupid on this thread so congrats. There's a whole forum and thread for that. You can talk about that and they can talk about your pictured hero continuing the legacy of super-doped up Rangers from the '90s. This thread is about Harbaugh, Michigan, and college football cheating. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I only brought up that the reaction progression by the fanbases is literally identical.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Astros fans had no 600 page manifestos written by former marines with a poorly ran vacuum refurbishment side hustles, or state politicians stepping in writing letters to the league, or fucking lawyers writing about how sign stealing relates to anti trust laws in the Yale Journal of Regulation...

This is a whole different and ridiculous animal that only college football and the insane asylum of some fanbases could have cooked up... not identical at all

• Hook 'Em 1

You forgot the part where they actively worked against their B1G partners by sharing information with OOC opponents.

Columbus talk radio says he’ll get a 2 game suspension today, immediately file lawsuit and ask a judge for an injunction.  I’m gonna say that happens at 4 pm. est.

1 hour ago, Kdub said:

We're gonna need @TwiceHorn to weigh in on this. 

Yeesh.  The main NCAA antitrust problem is with things of an economic nature, as that article points out.  Rules and conduct of the game aren't really economic in nature, so you'd think this wouldn't really be a problem for the NCAA to enforce.

And, in antitrust law as currently interpreted outside of the NCAA cases, a business justification can outweigh even the most monopolistic/predatory/collusive practices imaginable.  But that hasn't been working out for the NCAA, lately.  So, who knows.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, in antitrust law as currently interpreted outside of the NCAA cases, a business justification can outweigh even the most monopolistic/predatory/collusive practices imaginable.  But that hasn't been working out for the NCAA, lately.  So, who knows.

So what about the financial losses potentially incurred by teams not making the playoff or going to a lesser bowl game because of Michigan's cheating?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeesh.  The main NCAA antitrust problem is with things of an economic nature, as that article points out.  Rules and conduct of the game aren't really economic in nature, so you'd think this wouldn't really be a problem for the NCAA to enforce.

The whole 10 page Michigan manifesto/response.  “Admit nothing, deny everything, make counteraccusations.”

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24142835-michigans-letter-to-the-big-ten

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Am I missing any steps?

4) Blame the one guy on the team who was honest about it.

52 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

I wonder if aggy is going to blame Michigan’s sign stealing for their shitty performance the last 80 years?

maybe not every year but surely the 1977 game in Ann Arbor. Aggy took the lead 3-0, and it end UM winning 41-3
I know because a buddy had a couple extra tickets so I went, because why not - pretty sure aggy will hang a banner in Collie Station now that the cheating has been confirmed

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Am I missing any steps?

actually winning championships

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Err body cheating!!! Lmao!!! This is a circus!! I was telling my wife to turn off desperate house wives and tune into this then watch the game as the drama unfolds 

I also hear "have you watched them?? They're unstoppable!! Nobody was beating them, cheating didnt matter".

My response is, nobody was saying that shit in 2020 when the cheating started and Harbaugh was in his 6th year and on the fucking hot seat.

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

Feldman says he’s releasing a story about a coach that’s upset because he complained to NCAA about a different school that used in person scouting and video to steal their signs and nothing was done. 

Worst case scenario is that the other school doing this is A&M and this gives them the "for cause" reason to fire Jimbo and get out of that contract.

In the end, all the legal posturing and bullshit about whether or not Harbaugh knew or whether Day turned them in, or who else was also stealing signs are all smoke designed to obfuscate the issue. All that matters is that:

1. There is ample evidence that Michigan Football broke the rules
2. Jim Harbaugh is the head coach, and he is ultimately responsible for what goes on in his organization

So all of the other shit about what anybody else was doing and whether or not Harbaugh knew doesn't matter. He's the responsible party.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gatormarc said:

“any attempt to record, either through audio or video means, any signals given by an opposing player, coach or other team personnel is prohibited.”

That quote is from the section on field equipment, having to do with game-time, and as far as I can see,  has nothing to do with scouting future opponents. It is also more recent than my 2021 Rule book, apparently. The quote, when searched, yielded a reference to Article 11 H. The 2021 NCAA rule book I have has Article 11 section ending at 11 G, and the title of Article 11 is "Prohibited Field Equipment". Presumably, the most recent book has an 11H, but it's still within the Prohibited Field Equipment section, and still does not extend to scouting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jasper_Jester said:

What is the worst-coached NFL team with the best roster of current underacheivers? That is Harbaugh's next employer.   

Are the Cowboys of 2023 the 2010 49ers? The Raiders? Whoever needs a pile of tough love, accountability, and competent coaching, is going to win the Jim Harbaugh lottery, congrats. 

I’d be fucking thrilled to have that Autist coaching the Cowboys. 

28 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

I’d be fucking thrilled to have that Autist coaching the Cowboys. 

So would the Eagles/Giants/Redskins fans 

I am still hoping that Jimmah stay at UM - because if you put the recency bias/cheating years behind you his record is:
He can beat the bad teams but struggled against good teams, now the struggle is gone. What do you think changed?

vs. Ohio St - 2-6
vs MSU  - 5-4 (and except for 2 years we have sucked since 2016)
vs Penn St - 6-2
vs Notre Dame - 1-1
bowl games - 1-6

Excluding the last 2 years of their cheating 
OSU 0-6
MSU 3-4
PSU 4-2
bowl games - 1-4 ( I guess it is harder to chaat in bowl games)

In college football doing the wrong thing has always been the norm and we're finding out Michigan is the same though they have always pretended to be different. If Michigan had 2 or 3 losses and Harbaugh was still losing to Ohio State they would fire him and would be able to keep up the charade. They correctly fired Brady Hoke after he put a concussed player back into the game but Brady Hoke wasn't winning many games so it was easy to do the right thing in that case.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan