Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Buddy that loves Michigan is so frustrated.  He doesn't want Sherrone Moore -- he wanted DeBoer.

He still can't believe Kalen went to Bama.  He expects Michigan to be looking for another new coach in 2-3 years.  😋

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, ATXbronco said:

Dick Wallets?!?
You must be thinking of OU.  

Off topic, but it is going to really fuck CFB when rosters are determined strictly by how much you can pay players.  Great for Texas, but 90% of FBS schools can’t compete in that world.  tOSU has spent $13.5 mil so far.  That’s not how this should work.  Let the NFL be the highest bidder league.  Fuck, take away the salary cap for all I care.  But for college rosters to be determined by how much you can play players just isn’t right and will ultimately really hurt the game when fans throw in the towel vs donating to pay players.  I kick in, but peanuts relatively speaking.  It just isn’t worth it knowing it won’t make a difference.  End rant.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Sherrone is a Sooner alum.  Royal part 2?

Prob not.  

Damn I had no clue. Seems like a good guy, but that’s all the justification I needed to stake my claim that he sucks and is a cheater.

IMG_3416.jpeg.50726f7b12a3febbab6b08e016219773.jpeg

Was definitely not expecting him to have been a guard from his present day appearance. He must work out.

• Hook 'Em 1

Buddy that loves Michigan is so frustrated.  He doesn't want Sherrone Moore -- he wanted DeBoer.
He still can't believe Kalen went to Bama.  He expects Michigan to be looking for another new coach in 2-3 years. 

Yeah, I want to believe in Sherrone, but would much rather have had Deboer.

Maybe Harbaugh will have worn out his welcome in SD and he can come back for another bail out.

Man, seems like Michigan should have given him full immunity instead of the watered down “only for current investigations” version 

They literally should have given him anything. Fuck it. It’s fake money. The school isn’t paying for any of it. Give him a title like his royal highness of the wolverines. Jim would have loved that.

Pisses me off so much that Michigan offered him what he wanted only after he was dotting his Ts and crossing his Is with the chargers.

3 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

You gotta give SM a shot. He earned it. It’s going to look bad for Michigan if he isn’t given this opportunity. 

Yes, around here we call that the Rodney Terry

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

I ran into a string of improbable bad luck when it came to predicting things, but I’m not a dumbass. Juicy was a delusional fucktard if he thought Harbaugh was staying. 

Are You Sure Season 7 GIF by The Office

Don't make me find your Baker Mayfield post

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Juicy said:

How do you fuck this up so bad as an athletic director. You just won the natty. Give him what he wanted in December and there is a chance he is still the coach. 

The correct take from all of this? No matter how bad you think the sanctions placed on Michigan will be, they will be worse.

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

it is going to really fuck CFB when rosters are determined strictly by how much you can pay players. 

That is how it has been.

Do you really think this diverse group of football players, from metropolitan areas across this country, all had the same dream of attending a piss-poor academic institution in middle-of-nowhere Alabama?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

Yeah, I want to believe in Sherrone, but would much rather have had Deboer.

Maybe Harbaugh will have worn out his welcome in SD and he can come back for another bail out.

Might be a little tough to do that after he's slapped with a show cause.

11 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Off topic, but it is going to really fuck CFB when rosters are determined strictly by how much you can pay players.  Great for Texas, but 90% of FBS schools can’t compete in that world.  tOSU has spent $13.5 mil so far.  That’s not how this should work.  Let the NFL be the highest bidder league.  Fuck, take away the salary cap for all I care.  But for college rosters to be determined by how much you can play players just isn’t right and will ultimately really hurt the game when fans throw in the towel vs donating to pay players.  I kick in, but peanuts relatively speaking.  It just isn’t worth it knowing it won’t make a difference.  End rant.

Yeah, college athletics were much better when Sam Gilbert was paying players under the table and UCLA was winning the tourney every year. 

• Hook 'Em 5

He was flirting with the NFL his whole tenure, I don’t think anything could have kept him there. I think he truly wants a Lombardi trophy to one up his brother. 

The person I feel most for is DeBoer. If Harbaugh made his decision the same time as Saban he probably could have had either job. Ann Arbor Michigan or Tuscaloosa Alabama? You can win at both, choice seems easy af.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was wondering if “Dicker the Kicker” thinks his new HC will show up wearing cleats, so he can show him how it’s done?

I actually think this is a good hire with a pretty solid roster to inherit. Couple of pieces here and there and lookout! Keep the old uniforms too!

Hook’em!!!

4 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I was wondering if “Dicker the Kicker” thinks his new HC will show up wearing cleats, so he can show him how it’s done?

I actually think this is a good hire with a pretty solid roster to inherit. Couple of pieces here and there and lookout! Keep the old uniforms too!

Hook’em!!!

Do you think he’ll invite the whole team to a sleepover too?

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 1

More than anything I am real curious about the language that gets put in Sherrone Moore contract, from both sides...

How much leeway does he get regarding the NCAA? How much protection is he given regarding team performance if the NCAA provides sanctions, even if he was on the staff at the time? What does Michigan do regarding any form of NCAA investigations and do they require Moore to gut most of the underlying support staff machine and coaches even tangentially tied to this?

So most likely Moore is going to get the job where the DC, supposedly the Strength coach, and most likely many others on the D side of the ball are leaving, most of the support staff with familiarity is going to be gone to CYA for the NCAA, and he is supposed to heave the contacts to rebuild all of that post Harbaugh? While the specter of potential NCAA penalties hanging over their head?

This is going to be a train wreck to watch unfold...

image.gif.1b4951f84c9f7d8dca5dc439a7ac6155.gifshame.gif.dbc3f2cf9fcc3799c4cbbbbcbea0f3aa.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Juicy said:

How do you fuck this up so bad as an athletic director. You just won the natty. Give him what he wanted in December and there is a chance he is still the coach. 

No kidding. KU set the precedent as far as I can tell. If you win the title, fans don't care about NCAA rule violations. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I would like to congratulate Coach Harbaugh, for the laughs, cheating, the innovation (taking the team on Spring practice trips), and for fulfilling the dreams for many of my family and friends. And to the posters here who kept this thread alive for years - it was a good run, but he will never get the same attention coaching an NFL team; and his brother will kick his ass on Sunday's. 

I still think someone should hire Joani Crean,  because football is in the blood of Jack Harbaugh's kids. 

• Haha 1