Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

10 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

No problem. That’s about where I came in to UT as a freshman. A couple years of keg beer, Grandy’s chicken fried steak platters, and Mr. Gatti’s pizza buffets and he’ll be 240 lbs easy by year 3. 

Replace Grandy's with GM Steakhouse/Players and you just described me.  Scary.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Put me in the camp of IDGAF about the weight of someone that shouldn’t be graduating high school for another six months . Let’s revisit this conversation 12 months from now when they’ve had time in a real S&C program and had nutritional guidance from someone knows what they’re doing.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'd imagine they'd want him in the 350-360 range which they will likely get him to once on campus.

Yeah, losing 20ish pounds at that size should be relatively trivial, especially with professional guidance… as long as there’s any internal motivation at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Akana is lighter than Lander Barton who was pretty good as a freshmen but that 6'4 height at off ball position could be very good especially if he has nice feet and can be good in coverages.

Barton is an off the ball guy all the way, and will play there in the NFL. Akana is an edge rusher who needs to gain weight 

It might be worth noting that Akana is the oldest player in our class by four months

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Barton is an off the ball guy all the way, and will play there in the NFL. Akana is an edge rusher who needs to gain weight 

It might be worth noting that Akana is the oldest player in our class by four months

everyone is an edge until they're not.....i remember when drew sanders was an edge LUL.

Obviously I'm being facetious. 

4 hours ago, Fud said:

It's even crazier considering they sold him on the Jack position instead of the Buck. He's likely more of a situational pass rusher if he can put on 30 lbs or so. I'm just happy he actually measured 6'4

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, satyanash said:

This guy lost several battles to the Marathas and allowed Delhi to be sacked by invading Afghans. You literally could not have picked a more incompetent Indian emperor lol

This is satya’s best post on surly ever. I’m just envisioning some Indian dude getting completing disgusted seeing that pic posted. Hahahaha. 

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is satya’s best post on surly ever. I’m just envisioning some Indian dude getting completing disgusted seeing that pic posted. Hahahaha. 

Well I know for a fact that @Getafix's post had @satyanash looking like this

12 angry men GIF - Find on GIFER

3 minutes ago, Plorant said:

Pakistan Angry GIF - Pakistan Angry Indian - Discover ...

That is a Pakistani, you goof. That is Urdu on that display. 

We're supposed to be better than this Surly!

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

Minor edit.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

"Hey Perroni, HOW HAS A&M NOT ALREADY LANDED this guy we've never heard of, that has never been talked about on this board all year, and that doesn't have an offer from A&M? You know, now that he's blowing up at Army bowl practices and I'm hearing his name for the first time?"

Someone thought this was a legit question to ask. 

9 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Uhhhh... Looks like we're getting conflicting reports on what Akana's weight is at the Army All-American Bowl, becuz Football Brainiacs is saying Akana weighted in at 220 LBs.

Look at his photos.  He’s 2 inches taller than me but I’m at 230 with a super duty spare tire.  No way he’s 220.  

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yep, at least for football. Football transitioned there in 2011-2012 when I was an RA there.

Yeah it def was not when I lived there in 2007-2009.  Mostly the female athletes.

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yep, at least for football. Football transitioned there in 2011-2012 when I was an RA there.

It was already heading that way (for athletes, not just football) when I lived there in 09-10. Clint Chapman was passed out in an elevator on a Sunday morning when I went to do laundry.

• Haha 4