Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

There is no 25 man rule this year....might take 35 +/- 3 and purge roster more.

I'd love to see it but at some point the game theory for croots says not to join a class with too many other players at your position

The following counters would be 30 and I imagine it'd be tough to add more guys past this

QB 1

RB 2

WR 5

TE 2

OL 5

DL 5

LB 4

DB 6

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Surprisingly light on four stars right now. I guess that is until the BOMC gets ahold of those 3 stars and starts bumping them up.  Nice to see 3 5 stars. Feel like it's been a minute since we got more than 1 or 2 of those. 

Really really really nice week. I really need the story of aggy bouncing checks all over town to be true.

I anticipate that at least three or four of those guys get bumped to 4 stars with good Sr. years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Hayes Fawcett: Five-Star LB Anthony Hill Jr. names final 2

Five-star linebacker Anthony Hill Jr. of Denton (TX) Ryan High has narrowed his list to two schools– Texas and Texas A&M. The 6-foot-2, 220 pounder went in depth on his finalists.

Texas

“The staff had put together a good weekend on my OV, and talking football and the plans of the future, with coach Pkay, choate, and Sark was really big on making this decision,” Hill said. “ Getting to play with 2 of my old teammates would be a plus as well.”

Texas A&M

“Over the last 3 years Texas A&M has been really constant with recruiting me,” Hill said. “With coach Santucci, and getting to play with a great D-line would be big.”

Anthony Hill Jr. Scouting Summary

“Downhill linebacker with good size and straight-line speed,” On3’s Director of Scouting Charles Power wrote. “Has starred for one of the top defenses in Texas high school football since his sophomore season. Combines his speed with a high effort level, resulting in a highly productive player at the high school level. At his best when he can use his closing speed as a blitzer or in pursuit sideline-to-sideline. Shows some physicality as a striker.”

“Has one of the longer wing-spans of top linebackers in the 2023 cycle. Provides added value as a pass rusher and may eventually grow into an EDGE prospect down the line. Has a penchant for forcing turnovers and looks to strip the football often. Will need to continue improving his skills playing in space and in coverage.”

Hill ranks as the No. 14 player in the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that accounts for all four major recruiting sites. He also tabs in as the No.1 linebacker and the No. 2 player in the state of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Anthony Hill has been "liking" pro Texas things, even after his top 2 dropped. I know I'm guilty of reading too much into player social media after the Kelvin banks saga from last years but it seems to be trending to us at least.

I still have PTSD from last year's supposed pro-Texas stuff coming from Harris/Perkins/Stewart/Anderson and subsequent shenanigans. Although the pro-Texas stuff this cycle seems to have much better follow-through.

Edited by Rokotosh

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Anthony Hill has been "liking" pro Texas things, even after his top 2 dropped. I know I'm guilty of reading too much into player social media after the Kelvin banks saga from last years but it seems to be trending to us at least.

nothing super clear/recent on twitter follows for Anthony Hill per whotwi: https://en.whotwi.com/thegoatanthony1/friends

image.thumb.png.91a28e7ae7a9dc6fd5c7c9863532f1f8.png