Caleb Johnson is in the transfer portal

Machinator

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He qualifies as a pure bust. Never made a dent in his 9 months on campus. 

This kind of thing strikes me as a win-win.  The school gets a scholarship/roster spot back and the kid gets to try his luck somewhere else and might latch on.

The timing is a little fucked up, though.

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Never heard of this dude but if he can't even get snaps in our weak and thin LB group, he must be a real disappointment. 

Bobby Burton called it early. Said he was loafing during shoulder rehab a little while after NSD, and warned he had the biggest bust potential of any of the 2019 recruits.

He was a poor evaluation.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Bobby Burton called it early. Said he was loafing during shoulder rehab a little while after NSD, and warned he had the biggest bust potential of any of the 2019 recruits.

He was a poor evaluation.

Way to recover strong from LJHgate, Bobby!

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 1

Given how thin we are...wouldn’t it have at least been prudent to give him reps with the 2nds and see if he shines under the lights?  Some folks just instinctively play better under pressure, compared to practice conditions.  I don’t know the guy from Adam, but genuinely curious about our coach’s approach here.

2 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

Given how thin we are...wouldn’t it have at least been prudent to give him reps with the 2nds and see if he shines under the lights?  Some folks just instinctively play better under pressure, compared to practice conditions.  I don’t know the guy from Adam, but genuinely curious about our coach’s approach here.

I don't think this staff rewards poor work ethic with snaps based on Herman cutting all those dudes like Chris Daniels, Erick Fowler etc after getting here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I don't think this staff rewards poor work ethic with snaps based on Herman cutting all those dudes like Chris Daniels, Erick Fowler etc after getting here.

Understood and agreed.  I dont have any insight into his work ethics.  Is he a known slacker?

Sure wish he could have waited.   He Surly fits into the “immediate satisfaction” generation...

6 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I can guarantee Burton didn’t say anything. He typed that he was “told” Johnson was loafing. 

And I don’t think our LB group is weak, 6th St. Thin, maybe. 

Yeah, I mean we have 5 (not counting pass rushers like Ossai and Vaughns).  I’d like to have 6, but we are 2 deep.  Need guys like Overshown and Foster to get healthy though.  This guy must have been real bad.  Maybe we should see what Brock and Ehlinger can do.

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Yeah, I mean we have 5 (not counting pass rushers like Ossai and Vaughns).  I’d like to have 6, but we are 2 deep.  Need guys like Overshown and Foster to get healthy though.  This guy must have been real bad.  Maybe we should see what Brock and Ehlinger can do.

He was a JUCO 4-star with solid measurables and film. Wild to see the bust happen that fast.