Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

This. Dude is focused on slapdick bullshit instead of winning. Just fucking win Tom. Just fucking win.

You racist piece of shit! Don't you know that #MensaTom has more important things than winning that he must work on with his team? Right now, they need to decide whether to have a whole new Alma Mater, or just change the words and keep the tune.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s difficult to maintain a moral high ground when you see Auburn pay Cam Newton $100k and Alabama, Georgia, A&M, Tennessee and others cheat with no repercussions.

According to Barkley, Cam was paid $200k by Auburn...  (2 min mark)   

Edited by LTtxfan
Ctj post beat me -- Ctj is sometimes a fast sob 😁
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I’ve been away from this thread for a couple of weeks or more so maybe this has been covered, but...

We didn’t win last weekend, so can’t we fire Tom already and get the Urban train a’rollin’?

let me fill you in. if we fire tom we’re getting either james franklin, jim harbaugh, or chip kelly.  and we also might make a run at mack.  not sure where you’re even getting the unsubstantiated and utterly ridiculous bullshit about urban meyer.  such a fucking joke that people believe it. 

4 hours ago, Thiefery said:

lol.. this is a good thing.. Tom knows the walls are caving in and is trying to change the narrative..which he can't.  OB is doing what they have to do to keep it's ear inside the bldg

Tom and Michelle are very thin skinned and it shows.

Everything involving Urban Meyer strikes a nerve with them. We’re Texas Football and Michelle is wearing an “Ok cool hook em” shirt to the game. The Urban Meyer to Texas talk ramps up and suddenly Tom is taking questions on it. It’s so fucking contrived and they must think we’re stupid idiots.

The Hermans love to draw attention to themselves. I’d be fine with it if we were winning and you’re quoting literature and your hot wife is acting a bit crazy, but we look like dogshit so it’s time to stop playing these stupid PR games. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

let me fill you in. if we fire tom we’re getting either james franklin, jim harbaugh, or chip kelly.  and we also might make a run at mack.  not sure where you’re even getting the unsubstantiated and utterly ridiculous bullshit about urban meyer.  such a fucking joke that people believe it. 

Please stop. This thread is unreadable as is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s difficult to maintain a moral high ground when you see Auburn pay Cam Newton $100k and Alabama, Georgia, A&M, Tennessee and others cheat with no repercussions.

The B12 is the most limp-dicked conference in everything, from compliance, officiating, oversight, marketing, success, reputation, and to some degree, academics.  This program should be able to go toe-to-toe with shrewd rule-bending, while, at the same time, telling Bowlsby he doesn't amount to shit and to go fuck himself.  The only somewhat-successful HCs I can see understanding this are Cristobal and Freeze, and neither are available to us.

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Fuck You 1

Clueless dipshit or Aggy sock?  I've squirmed uncomfortably for all but maybe two or three games in Herman's tenure.  If the insular Austin media can make Tom squirm by raising a couple of uncomfortable questions, so be it.  

Nobody takes OBs for any source of authority anyhow.

Edit:  I miss PanchoChat.

Edited by Gravy Train

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Neg. me. To. Oblivion. I cannot root for UT to lose. Period. My thoughts about Herman are known. Didn’t want. Still don’t. Want to have him gone. We can likely win out. This conference is a shit show. So is the HC of UT. 

No need to neg rep.. I feel the same way.. I root for a win every week and I root for CDC to get an agreement with you know who so he can dismiss Herman ASAP.

• Hook 'Em 2

Neg. me. To. Oblivion. I cannot root for UT to lose. Period. My thoughts about Herman are known. Didn’t want. Still don’t. Want to have him gone. We can likely win out. This conference is a shit show. So is the HC of UT. 
I intended to root again us @ okie lite, but when the game started, I couldn't do it. I found myself just watching, not really cheering one way or the other.
  • Hook 'Em 6

Agreement with the Pope has been made. CDC is waiting for #MensaTom to lose one of the next three games, and the axe will fall. I prefer for the axe to have fallen already, but it has not, and the best explanation I can come up with is that the alleged agreement is real, and CDC cannot in good conscience swing it unless and until #MensaTom has a chance to reach the goal of CC and a NY6 game win.

I prefer that we get rid of the problem awaiting should we win these last three games and scooch sideways into the CCG, but I think CDC will refrain from swinging the axe so long as the W's flow. The longer this goes on, the dumber we look, notwithstanding the theoretical attaboys from the Wide World o' Sports for having an AD with a strong ethical style. 

The unthinkable is the the W's continue through Bowl Season, and we wind up keeping #MensaTom, on the theory that he has finally learned how to win. Unthinkable, but "This is our concern, Dude."

1 minute ago, Tex Long said:

Agreement with the Pope has been made. CDC is waiting for #MensaTom to lose one of the next three games, and the axe will fall. I prefer for the axe to have fallen already, but it has not, and the best explanation I can come up with is that the alleged agreement is real, and CDC cannot in good conscience swing it unless and until #MensaTom has a chance to reach the goal of CC and a NY6 game win.

I prefer that we get rid of the problem awaiting should we win these last three games and scooch sideways into the CCG, but I think CDC will refrain from swinging the axe so long as the W's flow. The longer this goes on, the dumber we look, notwithstanding the theoretical attaboys from the Wide World o' Sports for having an AD with a strong ethical style. 

The unthinkable is the the W's continue through Bowl Season, and we wind up keeping #MensaTom, on the theory that he has finally learned how to win. Unthinkable, but "This is our concern, Dude."

If in fact a deal has been made, who is going to give CDC a hard time if he fires Herman even if the team wins a conference championship?  Not me.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, CTC2 said:

If in fact a deal has been made, who is going to give CDC a hard time if he fires Herman even if the team wins a conference championship?  Not me.

No doubt. The problem is whether CDC would fire him after nothing but W's since 0U.

To me - and I think a lot of us, most of us - Beat 0U is an every-season goal. Reverse the current HC's record, and that's acceptable. That should have been the first potentially fatal miss, already.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

I think Herman needs to see a Surly-financed banner flown over the stadium. What a thin-skinned POS.

Give me a quote that I can support for a banner and we can have one next Friday with no further work from the board. None of them I saw earlier this season was worth the engineering. Hell, for less than $7k, we can fly a banner all week leading up to the ISU game, directly over the stadium. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

No need to neg rep.. I feel the same way.. I root for a win every week and I root for CDC to get an agreement with you know who so he can dismiss Herman ASAP.

we're a battered spouse.  since Littlefield, Mack is the only coach we've ever "fired" after a winning season.   We realize if we want change the coach has to have a losing season.  I keep hoping CDC changes the dynamic but Smart and Herman situations don't give me much hope.

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Give me a quote that I can support for a banner and we can have one next Friday with no further work from the board. None of them I saw earlier this season was worth the engineering. Hell, for less than $7k, we can fly a banner all week leading up to the ISU game, directly over the stadium. 

I mean your own creation in the 2022 thread title is pretty solid. Although might be more appropriate to hire a homeless man (Zach Smith) to hold it as a sign and yell incoherent biblical quotes outside DKR.

Edited by Hank_Hill

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

"Tom Herman is not our standard."

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic