Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Give me a quote that I can support for a banner and we can have one next Friday with no further work from the board. None of them I saw earlier this season was worth the engineering. Hell, for less than $7k, we can fly a banner all week leading up to the ISU game, directly over the stadium. 

Keep it simple “Fire Herman, Hire Urban” or “Fuck you Tom your ruinous cunt” also has a ring to it

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Give me a quote that I can support for a banner and we can have one next Friday with no further work from the board. None of them I saw earlier this season was worth the engineering. Hell, for less than $7k, we can fly a banner all week leading up to the ISU game, directly over the stadium. 

“TURN THE PAGE, TOM”?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Dump Deloss and flush the John. Always been partial to that one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Neg. me. To. Oblivion. I cannot root for UT to lose. Period. My thoughts about Herman are known. Didn’t want. Still don’t. Want to have him gone. We can likely win out. This conference is a shit show. So is the HC of UT. 
*Bolivia

Not even sure in which hemisphere Oblivion is located.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tex Long said:

CDC is waiting for #MensaTom to lose one of the next three games, and the axe will fall. I prefer for the axe to have fallen already, but it has not, and the best explanation I can come up with is that the alleged agreement is real, and CDC cannot in good conscience swing it unless and until #MensaTom has a chance to reach the goal of CC and a NY6 game win.

If there is in fact an "agreement" then CDC isn't an very good at negotiation.  

There's  no reason to back himself in a corner like that.  If Urban has told him no,  then an agreement like that might make some sense.  

34 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

If there is in fact an "agreement" then CDC isn't an very good at negotiation.  

There's  no reason to back himself in a corner like that.  If Urban has told him no,  then an agreement like that might make some sense.  

I believe it may be more of a demand, in terms of a stated expectation, i.e. the CC, and an affirmative reception by #MensaTom. I don't know if the "or else you're gone" is a real, or merely an implied, consequence.

At this point with three games to go, the coach has a possibility of achieving the demand/expectation of winning the XII. On that basis, CDC (perhaps only in his own mind) must wait for things to play out.

Urban seems to be quite patient. I think there have been informal talks and a hire is all but signed, just waiting for #MensaTom to show up unprepared and lose one of the must-wins. I think he is aware of CDC's opinion and that he respects it.

Whether it happens or not is mainly on Tom's shoulders to carry. If he falters, he's out, and Urban is in. We've known Tom to surprise, but if I had to bet, then I would bet the under, performance-wise. 

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You'd have to be so dumb to not see that it was a planted question. If a reporter asked that question to a coach, without the coach knowing it was coming, you would get such a vastly different, meaner response. 

Yeah, I feel like Anwar is Turtles little bitch right now...

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Where on earth are people getting the idea that we are losing recruits because of fan sentiment of the HC?

I'm not on reddit very often, but I was last night and /r/LonghornNation is full of Tom apologists and people getting validated saying things like the reason we lost Ewers is because fans are unhappy with the program and venting on Twitter and that we should be happy with Herman because he's better than Charlie.

This was on a thread where some dipshit compared Tom's first 4 seasons to Mack's to try and make some point about how we should give Tom more time. 

All of it feels so off-brand and like some weird aggy disinformation campaign. In all my years following Texas football I've never come across these sentiments, or at least not seen them given support and validation. Is this some recent-grad, pussification thing where people that don't understand TFB and it's history are trying to cram their voice into the mix?

• Hook 'Em 1

Putting my tinfoil hat on for a second. Inside Texas just changed ownership (Nahlin bought it, who also seems to have the biggest finger on the pulse of Urban to Texas) and Bobby Burton is part of the ownership group now(Also has his finger on the pulse)....they are trying to monopolize the Texas 995er beat because they know Urban is coming and business is about to be BOOMING!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Where on earth are people getting the idea that we are losing recruits because of fan sentiment of the HC?

I'm not on reddit very often, but I was last night and /r/LonghornNation is full of Tom apologists and people getting validated saying things like the reason we lost Ewers is because fans are unhappy with the program and venting on Twitter and that we should be happy with Herman because he's better than Charlie.

This was on a thread where some dipshit compared Tom's first 4 seasons to Mack's to try and make some point about how we should give Tom more time. 

All of it feels so off-brand and like some weird aggy disinformation campaign. In all my years following Texas football I've never come across these sentiments, or at least not seen them given support and validation. Is this some recent-grad, pussification thing where people that don't understand TFB and it's history are trying to cram their voice into the mix?

Stay off reddit...    😁

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

this isn't Who We Are as a university or a football program, Alabama can have the end zone as long as we have the moral high ground

#DefeatWithDignity, #EthicsScoreboardForever, #ItsNotWhetherYouWinOrLose,

Agree that the banner brings unnecessary attention to this shit show. Meyer isn’t going to want to sign on to a situation where fans are doing stupid shit like this. I think the silence from the CDC and Meyer camps speaks volumes and we’re better off flying under the radar, letting the season play out and then let our nuts hang and hire Meyer like a boss.

Can someone recap 995ers’ sentiment for someone that is lazy (me)?

I don’t think the rest of this season matters at all barring some miracle playoff birth.  My best guess without information to back it up is that if we can get urban, Herman is out. If we can’t get urban, Herman gets one more year to show he can win the conference.

9 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Agree that the banner brings unnecessary attention to this shit show. Meyer isn’t going to want to sign on to a situation where fans are doing stupid shit like this. I think the silence from the CDC and Meyer camps speaks volumes and we’re better off flying under the radar, letting the season play out and then let our nuts hang and hire Meyer like a boss.

There wasn't a lot of real intel around Ohio State actively pursuing Meyer during the 2011 season, meaning stuff from actual media outlets or data, plane trackers, leaks about talks, etc. It was obvious they would want him, and as that season went further and further off the rails, all the fans cared about was "can we get Meyer", but I don't remember a lot of solid reporting on the subject, just speculation and logical deliberation until Eleven Warriors broke the story in mid-November claiming Meyer would be the next coach, and things went public in a huge way. Again, the FANS wouldn't shut up about it but in terms of "this is what's happening", there wasn't any evidence even though you didn't need Deep Throat to assume the obvious.

I don't know whether we're really pursuing Meyer or not. I think there's a decent chance that Randolph Duke's fainting couch routine isn't just one idiot on the Internet but represents enough of a common opinion among actual influential administrators that Meyer won't be a candidate. But, thinking logically for a minute, we probably are talking to Meyer, gauging his interest and roughing out what our offer to him would look like (UT is not going to make a formal offer to him until and unless we're sure he'll accept). I'm pretty sure that everyone involved knows how to keep this level of discussion out of view of the public until they're ready for that.

All of that to say, the silence is predictable and normal, but we won't know for some time what the silence actually means. 

19 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Basically (and putting in quotes because these are not my opinions necessarily) - "many BMDs want Herman gone and are dissatisfied with the on-field product and have expressed that following both wins and losses. There is likely capital ready for a buyout. Minus winning out and winning the B12TG Tom is pretty assuredly gone. He may be gone even if he does win out. He will not be fired until the regular season has concluded. Most chips are being put in the Urban basket but if Urban doesn't come it doesn't necessarily mean Tom's job is safe."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Not sure what Michelle has to do with this. The t-shirt was in support of her husband who admittedly had a great response to Zach Smith - a smart ass no response. I viewed Michelle as trolling Smith and I have no issue with that. Plus she’s hot and I give hot girls pass after pass after pass. 

That Anwar plant question and Herman’s response seemed rehearsed.  A better response would have been, “it doesn’t affect our team. Our goals are still in front of us. It doesn’t affect me. I have the support of our administration and AD. It does affect our recruiting, but negative recruiting is par for the course and at the end of the day, we should be 7-0 right now. I’m focused on making us 10-2 and conference champion.”  And then shut the fuck up. Don’t answer follow up questions on the matter. 

But no, he goes ON and ON and ON. Of course sources are going to be unnamed. Doth protest too much, methinks, Tom.  Christ dude - you SURE the talk isn’t affecting you personally?  Because I fucking beg to differ. 

And lol that message boards were embarrassed by Tom, Texas Takeover. Nobody got embarrassed. Nobody’s unnamed source has been wrong. Herman’s gone. 

I brought up Michelle because a few days ago she was retweeting Courtney Smith and liking tweets talking about how Urban and Shelley Meyer are sacks of shit and abuse enablers.

Why would she be doing this now when we are winning games? Obviously the Urban to Texas talk is getting to the Hermans, enough so that there was a question about Meyer and a very detailed response given in the press conference. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I do. Only sharing because it was alarming to say the least. I guess they can think whatever they want - no one with any actual pull or investment in the matter is posting on reddit.

Just kidding with yah... COVID has made the internet a MUCH CRAZIER PLACE...  😋

15 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Neg. me. To. Oblivion. I cannot root for UT to lose. Period. My thoughts about Herman are known. Didn’t want. Still don’t. Want to have him gone. We can likely win out. This conference is a shit show. So is the HC of UT. 

I agree. It’s difficult to root for our guys to lose. Even if the ends justify the means. 

But I won’t be totally distraught if we manage to run out of time.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, NoRagrets said:

I don’t think the rest of this season matters at all barring some miracle playoff birth.  My best guess without information to back it up is that if we can get urban, Herman is out. If we can’t get urban, Herman gets one more year to show he can win the conference.

Summary from Bobby Burton at Inside Texas thanks to @satyanash 

• Hook 'Em 1

Transcript...

Urban Meyer diagnoses the three reasons that teams struggle and underachieve

By Doug Samuels -    November 17, 2020

Whether it’s the craziness of brought by COVID, or any other variety of factors, the 2020 season has been a struggle for a number of teams that expected to be faring far better at this point in the season. Teams like LSU, Penn State, and Michigan are teams that immediately come to mind when you think of disappointing starts, but there are plenty of others.

On Fox’s Big Noon Kickoff show, Urban Meyer was asked about teams that are struggling and he mentioned the importance of “checking under the hood.” Asked to expand on that, Urban diagnosed the three reasons that teams struggle.

“So many of us are excuse makers, that’s just part of who we are and it shouldn’t be that way. When you see a team struggle, the first thing that the fans and the media blame are the players and then they blame the coaches.”

“Never make excuses. When I was a coach, I would never let one of my coaches say, ‘He’s a bad player.’ I would warn him, ‘Say that again and you’ll probably have to leave,” because now you’re just making excuses. Dig deep and find out why.”

“Every time that I have had a team struggle, every time, it has fallen into one of three categories; number one, there is some sort of trust issue. The player don’t trust the coach, or the coach doesn’t trust the players, or, often when the players don’t trust each other.”

“Number two, it’s called a dysfunctional work environment. Where the expectations are really high, but we don’t work hard. The coach has to be really clear with his team and realize that is going to lead to frustration, anger, disappointment, because we want to win a championship, but I’ve got news guys…we’re not working hard. Your work ethic must exceed or equate your expectations.”

The third one is “You’ve got a selfish team, man…Football is an unselfish sport. You’ve got to do the nasty; that means as a running back you have to go protect your quarterback, you don’t always get to carry the ball. Sometimes you have to run down and cover the kickoff at 22 miles per hour, throw yourself into someone running the other way at 15 miles per hour. That’s not fun. Why would you do that? Because you love your team and your teammates.”

“So when you hear teams like LSU, Penn State, and the Wolverines struggling, stop with the talk about bad players. I get so sick of hearing that. It’s not the players. I don’t think it’s the coaches. But there is something wrong. Lift the hood and find out one of those three things.”

See Urban’s full comments in the clip.

https://footballscoop.com/news/urban-meyer-diagnoses-the-three-reasons-that-teams-struggle-and-underachieve/

Edited by LTtxfan

Make up your mind about the message boards, Tom.

Are they spreading rumors about your job and making recruiting difficult for you?

Or are they the secret to your success? A few weeks ago you said your staff was searching the Baylor message boards to help you gain any advantage to beat them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic