Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also - I will shit a golden football and set myself on fire if Tom Herman is the HC on UT’s sidelines to open the 2021 season. I don’t expect the sheep on the $9.95er boards to hold themselves together, but you fucking clowns need to puke and rally. 

I’m ready to rally! Let’s do it. I regret I cannot give you any rep. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

2) Then, when things went back and forth with Urban Meyer, he starts to fucking float James Franklin as his candidate and attempts a push on it. Nope.

3) After Urban Meyer indicates “I’m thinking no”, CDC comes back to the table with, wait for it, his nomination of his fucking buddy, Sonny Dykes. Sonny fucking Dykes.

So he floated two buddies of his and Peirces BIL that has no business being on the list in any capacity. All 3 of those being considered at this stage is a fireable  offense without considering anything else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I stand by what I said previously, because it’s fucking happened. This flaccid “vote of confidence” is the lamest one I’ve ever seen. The hedging afterwards with reporters is also directly in line with the release itself. 

Here’s the deal. Crystal Conte isn’t running any of this. The game is being played above his head at this point.

1) He showed up at first and tried to push back on Urban Meyer. This is after he argued for keeping Herman last year when the money was lined up.

2) Then, when things went back and forth with Urban Meyer, he starts to fucking float James Franklin as his candidate and attempts a push on it. Nope.

3) After Urban Meyer indicates “I’m thinking no”, CDC comes back to the table with, wait for it, his nomination of his fucking buddy, Sonny Dykes. Sonny fucking Dykes.

4) From there, he’s out of the game. He’s doing what he’s told and he hasn’t handled this shit well. He’s a political suit who doesn’t understand how it’s played on a stage this big.

5) He’s tried to dance around firing Herman and we’re left with this kind of shit because the guy we want won’t be available until next Sunday at the earliest. 

6) All of this bullshit is because CDC thinks he understands the roster and how recruiting works, btw. He also straight up doesn’t think ATM is an issue right now for Texas in recruiting. He’s out of his fucking depths.

Take this and post it wherever the fuck you want. Tweet it at him. Ask the IT guys what to believe. Send it on a carrier pigeon to a BMD. The hacks at AAS, 247 and Obloods don’t know a fucking thing besides what Crystal Conte tells them, so they’re not going to have a clue other than to say “no wai!”. 

You are intentionally vague on whose season we are waiting to end, and I don’t appreciate that. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

So he floated two buddies of his and Peirces BIL that has no business being on the list in any capacity. All 3 of those being considered at this stage is a fireable  offense without considering anything else. 

Sounds like CDC is now spreading his ass cheeks on CTJ's mirror.  

So many ass cheeks, so few CTJ mirrors to spread them on....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also - I will shit a golden football and set myself on fire if Tom Herman is the HC on UT’s sidelines to open the 2021 season. I don’t expect the sheep on the $9.95er boards to hold themselves together, but you fucking clowns need to puke and rally. 

29D00578-BFE1-4703-ACB4-930AF423ABC5.gif.0b6aec92d0e8ac1e322681e516e95420.gif

Hope that doesn’t come back to haunt you.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Matt Campbell come on down!!

We’ll see what happens, but if the actual powers that be get who they’re on, Matt Campbell isn’t in the picture. Not UT’s, at least.

We’re a long ways off yet, so maybe they have to wind up going hard after MC and I’d be fine with that, too. 

• Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also - I will shit a golden football and set myself on fire if Tom Herman is the HC on UT’s sidelines to open the 2021

Whether it’s going in or coming out, this coaching debacle has a whole lot of ass wagers going on.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Head coach asks AD for a vote of confidence to help with recruiting. 

AD gives a vote of confidence. 

Surly poster asks why AD would give a vote of confidence and says recruiting can't be the answer. 

Why is it? Recruits can get out of NLI after coaching changes. So what’s the point? Unless you are of the position that Herman is not getting fired in January. Makes sense then. Lotta shit being thrown around here. 

Edited by taybo20

1 hour ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Since you insist on reason, what's your definitive basis for conclusively stating it's not recruiting?

Nonetheless,  if you want another reason I'll give you one.  The pressure on UM and his guys at tOSU in the midst of playoff contention was getting problematic.  This statement takes some pressure off until their season is over and UM then makes his move.  I don't know if I believe this, but I want to.

My point is, if Herman is being fired after NSD1, than the recruiting point is dumb. Players can get out of an NLI and go somewhere else. If Herman isn’t being fired after, then it makes sense to do. It would seem to me he’s definitely here through 2021. 

the only other thought is, hopefully sign whatever we can and then after a coaching change hope we can convince kids to stay? 

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We’ll see what happens, but if the actual powers that be get who they’re on, Matt Campbell isn’t in the picture. Not UT’s, at least.

We’re a long ways off yet, so maybe they have to wind up going hard after MC and I’d be fine with that, too. 

...Mullen...? Would love a PM so I can sleep at night 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Just now, taybo20 said:

My point is, if Herman is being fired after NSD1, than the recruiting point is dumb. Players can get out of an NLI and go somewhere else. If Herman isn’t being fired after, then it makes sense to do. It would seem to me he’s definitely here through 2021. 

the only other thought is, hopefully sign whatever we can and then after a coaching change hope we can convince kids to stay? 

Pretty sure the thought of keeping him in charge is “why not?” until UM can be hired with his guys from OSU.

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I stand by what I said previously, because it’s fucking happened. This flaccid “vote of confidence” is the lamest one I’ve ever seen. The hedging afterwards with reporters is also directly in line with the release itself. 

Here’s the deal. Crystal Conte isn’t running any of this. The game is being played above his head at this point.

1) He showed up at first and tried to push back on Urban Meyer. This is after he argued for keeping Herman last year when the money was lined up.

4) From there, he’s out of the game. He’s doing what he’s told and he hasn’t handled this shit well. He’s a political suit who doesn’t understand how it’s played on a stage this big.

5) He’s tried to dance around firing Herman and we’re left with this kind of shit because the guy we want won’t be available until next Sunday at the earliest. 

6) All of this bullshit is because CDC thinks he understands the roster and how recruiting works, btw. He also straight up doesn’t think ATM is an issue right now for Texas in recruiting. He’s out of his fucking depths.

Take this and post it wherever the fuck you want. Tweet it at him. Ask the IT guys what to believe. Send it on a carrier pigeon to a BMD. The hacks at AAS, 247 and Obloods don’t know a fucking thing besides what Crystal Conte tells them, so they’re not going to have a clue other than to say “no wai!”. 

CDC really thought James Franklin and Sonny Dykes would fly after the Urban Meyer talk? Jesus wept. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Why is it? Recruits can get out of NLI after coaching changes. So what’s the point? Unless you are of the position that Herman is not getting fired in January. Makes sense then. Lotta shit being thrown around here. 

Because you’d much rather have to fight to keep a recruit that already signed than see them push back their date to NSD2 or even worse sign with another school. 

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dunno, man.

What you're describing here sounds like the same kind of booster-led bullshit that has plagued our program since the boosters chased off DKR.

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

And this is how the night crew fucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Jaquinden Jackson is going to hit the portal btw....Hudson Card and his baby hands better be a fucking beast

Hope JQJ stays....

Bobby Burton 

I got the low down on all of the Texas freshman yesterday and how they have been perceived internally.  We’ll go quickly position-by-position.

At QB, Hudson Card came out of the gate strong. He understood the offense, whereas Ja’Quinden Jackson struggled in his first couple of weeks on campus with the nuances of the position.

Card throws crisp passes and makes quick decisions. He is considered the best thrower on the roster, and that includes Sam Ehlinger.

Jackson, on the other hand, has really come on of late. He is starting to look like a real long-term option at QB because he has been a relatively quick study and because he is so talented. Props were given to both Jackson for his effort and attention to detail and QB coach Mike Yurcich for Jackson’s development and consistent approach even when Jackson clearly would not play much this season.

Suffice to say, the existing Texas staff is extremely excited with the freshman QBs.

That’s some grade A “we’re Texas” nonsense from the BMD. And I 100% believe CTJ is reporting the truth, that’s how we fuck shit up. Terrible AD making terrible AD moves and BMD acting like Jerry Jones. And it makes the last few weeks make total sense.

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Because you’d much rather have to fight to keep a recruit that already signed than see them push back their date to NSD2 or even worse sign with another school. 

Idk man...with free transfer available this year...I kind of think it’s possible to really make a splash in getting talent if you were to hire a guy even after NSD 1 and with guys Urban (if that’s who is hired) would want. But the bigger point is negative recruiting would be at an all time high telling recruits that the AD doesn’t know shit and enjoys lying to student athletes...good plan

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Crystal...he called him crystal conte 🤣. I have a buddy who is a marine(you can’t call those fuckers former or ex) and when asked about guys he doesn’t like never fails to say “Steve? Never heard of her.” I see it coming from a mile but it never fails to put a smile on my face. It appears somebody has this situation steered somewhat in the right direction. 2021 is going to be better, it has to be fuckers. Right now we are in Scrooged and the whore just hit us with a toaster. 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

FOCUS NIGHT CREW. 

I gotta leave but I'll be back around 0300. Y'all are all gonna be up then, right? I think we got the day shift trailer park fire under control, but there are a few spot fires here and there. Y'all can handle it. 

And remember ... we're all counting on you.

tenor.png

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic