Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

41 minutes ago, slorch said:

safety board where each site would keep track of their accident/ injury free days.

I said that process doesn't drive safety culture, but rather encourages folks to not report safety incidents.

So true, and it's legally mandated to display in Thailand for mfg and construction sites. It's awful.

Thailand construction "safety" just last month - this may be one of the highest profile construction sites currently operating in the city.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/3-workers-killed-in-structure-collapse-at-one-bangkok-construction-site

3 dead 4 injured. Accident was not reported until the next day when people started asking where the missing people were.

Not publicized on any mainstream news. The official report will find no fault, because the construction companies are always partially owned by powerful politicians.

CSB A few years back, we were subs to one of the Big 6 (that's how long ago it was) and their female PM objected to us using phrases like man or men in the documentation.  Neither could we use woman or women, because those words have man or men in them.  I almost took her seriously until she said we couldn't use person either, because there is 'son' in person and that's masculine.  Then I just ignored her.

I see she doesn’t donate to the Human Fund.
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

that theres no good ad-block browser solution on mobile...unless you use some 3rd party fake browser

The DuckDuckGo mobile browser works pretty well. But some sites won’t let you browse using anonymous browsers or incognito mode (YouTube, for example). 

19 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

When I am watching some good show on tv and they are talking a frito pie, but because they can’t say frito pie, they say corn chip pie…goddamn that just annoys the fuck out of me. Frito pie you fucking fucks.

I’ve never heard that but I’ve heard chili pie. 

Several weeks ago I get a call from AT&T offering me a new phone to replace my 3G phone. I explain to them I have a 4G LTE phone and they say no worries, everything will be alright. They kill 3G and my phone dies, "Oh, you mean your specific phone not bought through AT&T? Yeah, that's shit." So I order a new free Samsung through AT&T online... Yeah that will ship sometime in the next 45 days. Believe it or not, I can't fucking wait 45 days for a functional phone so I drive 30 miles to the closest AT&T store and sur-fucking-prize they have the exact phone I had to wait 45 days for online.

10 hours ago, RPM said:

Several weeks ago I get a call from AT&T offering me a new phone to replace my 3G phone. I explain to them I have a 4G LTE phone and they say no worries, everything will be alright. They kill 3G and my phone dies, "Oh, you mean your specific phone not bought through AT&T? Yeah, that's shit." So I order a new free Samsung through AT&T online... Yeah that will ship sometime in the next 45 days. Believe it or not, I can't fucking wait 45 days for a functional phone so I drive 30 miles to the closest AT&T store and sur-fucking-prize they have the exact phone I had to wait 45 days for online.

AT&T stores are fuckin weird. Last time I was at one they asked for my ID and then wanted me to pay $50 today and the rest of the balance of the phone a week later. Told them I wasn't going to show ID for a phone and they wouldn't let me pay full price for it. Well fuck it, went to Best Buy across the street and got the phone with no problem.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:35 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

Now let me explain HIPPA laws to you!

hipaa too!

On 3/5/2022 at 8:34 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

When I am watching some good show on tv and they are talking a frito pie, but because they can’t say frito pie, they say corn chip pie…goddamn that just annoys the fuck out of me. Frito pie you fucking fucks.

"walking taco"

Rage+1

Walking tacos aren't Frito pies.  They are two completely separate things.

A walking taco is a bag of Doritos with appropriately seasoned protein, lettuce, salsa, cheese, sour cream, whatever the fuck you want all ground together and eaten with a fork.  There's no chili involved, and you don't use Fritos.

all these brokedicks that can't send an email without cc'ing 3 levels of management, as if I won't respond without their entourage in tow.  I can't believe we pay these people.

just tattoo it on your ignorant forehead, you worthless piece of shit:  "I am the 80%".

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wd40 said:

all these brokedicks that can't send an email without cc'ing 3 levels of management, as if I won't respond without their entourage in tow.  I can't believe we pay these people.

this is the Final Boss level of passive-aggressiveness.  narc ass tricks.

7 hours ago, wd40 said:

just tattoo it on your ignorant forehead, you worthless piece of shit:  "I am the 80%".

If you want to counterstrike in pettiness, make sure you turn on the Read Receipt function when Replying All. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/9/2022 at 2:29 PM, Brothahorn said:

When the gas app tells you the price is$3.29, you get to the station and it is $3.75. Mutha Fucka!

LOL.  This hits close to my fuel tank.

While pulling up to the Valero by my warehouse, the electronic price marquee out front touted $4.13 / gallon for diesel.  As my front tires hit the property line the marquee blinked and the price adjusted up to $4.19 /gallon.  

Well dang.  That didn't take long.

I got to the pump and it still read only $4.16.  Quickly, I pulled out my stunt wallet, grabbed the credit card to run it and right then as the outer electron shell on the leading edge of my card met the outer electron shell of the card reader the price at the pump changed to $4.19 /gallon.

I surmise that I'm now too old and slow to keep up with things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

How the fuck am I supposed to get into this? There’s a camera lens in there *somewhere* so I don’t want to use something particularly sharp

5554F8E1-2AE9-488F-9FB6-308C6FB6DE22.jpeg

Fresh kidney?

I drove over a trash bag last night. Before I realized what had happened and was able to yank it out from under my car - a large part of the bag had melted to the underside of my car. It now smells like burning plastic any time I run the air. 

I guess I'm going to have to see if a neighbor has a jack that I can use to get under there and scrape the shit off. I don't even know how easily I can clean it off. 

Honestly this barely qualifies as trivial. It's a huge pain in my ass. 

3 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

Just keep driving it won't be long before it just burns itself off if there isn't a shit ton of plastic left stuck to the car

Yeah it seems to be improving slightly so I may just go in this direction. Leaving my car running for a few hours might be a good play too. 

But with GAS PRICES these days!

COVID tests piss me off. No CR, seriously ( @immamac, if this goes off the rails, just delete my post. I’m making it for the grousing, not the CR).
I’m in Europe for a 2-week event. Festivities wrapped up yesterday. I started feeling crummy Thursday night. Yesterday, I tested positive in my pre-flight PCR test. In the last 48 hours I had 5 negative antigen tests, and 1 positive PCR. Unfortunately for me, the PCR is the one that counts. 
So now I’m stuck here, isolated in my hotel room, until next Sunday. 
This blows. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, nnm said:

COVID tests piss me off. No CR, seriously ( @immamac, if this goes off the rails, just delete my post. I’m making it for the grousing, not the CR).
I’m in Europe for a 2-week event. Festivities wrapped up yesterday. I started feeling crummy Thursday night. Yesterday, I tested positive in my pre-flight PCR test. In the last 48 hours I had 5 negative antigen tests, and 1 positive PCR. Unfortunately for me, the PCR is the one that counts. 
So now I’m stuck here, isolated in my hotel room, until next Sunday. 
This blows. 

Okay this post is a perfect place for me to rant about COVID tests (also promise this isn't CR). We've been doing them for a few weeks for foreign travelers and cruise ships. I'm ready to stop because the amount of backlash I'm getting is ridiculous. Our old form used to be like an a la carte where we would check which test was given (rapid or PCR) and whether you were positive or negative. One patient said the airline wouldn't accept their negative PCR test because it had the word "rapid" on the form. I'm looking at the form and the only place "rapid" appears is for the rapid test. But they didn't get a rapid test, they got the PCR and it doesn't say rapid anywhere. They put me on the phone with the airline rep who says the same shit and I almost lose it. "Do you see where the PCR test is selected? It doesn't say rapid.". "But it says rapid on this other test". "They didn't take that test, it's not checked off. The PCR test is checked off and it says negative."

We make a new form where it's only PCR and only rapid. Cruise ship in Galveston won't accept it. Why? Because I signed the form. The cruise line says my signature has to be printed on the form. So instead of having a professional looking form with a wet to paper signature from a health care provider, it's now typed on the form. It looks so fucking fake but it's the only way they'll accept it.

Oh it gets even better. Saturday I get a call from a patient who isn't being let on a cruise ship by a different company because I didn't put the time the test was performed on the form. They require a negative test within 72 hours of arrival. Can you guess when we did the test? It was Friday. The day before. So it doesn't matter whether I did the test at 12:01am or 11:59pm on Friday, it's within 72 hours of arrival. But that's not good enough for this company. What. The. Fuck.

• Rage+1 4