Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Hardest working President...

Bookmarking his days with hours upon hours of watching TV, President Trump is reportedly cooped up and cranky in the White House as the coronavirus drags on.

Trump is watching up to seven hours of cable news in the morning before arriving to the Oval Office as late as noon, where he finally gets his intelligence briefing, according to the New York Times.

Hide contents

Bookmarking his days with hours upon hours of watching TV, President Trump is reportedly cooped up and cranky in the White House as the coronavirus drags on.

Trump is watching up to seven hours of cable news in the morning before arriving to the Oval Office as late as noon, where he finally gets his intelligence briefing, according to the New York Times.

Former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama typically got their briefings early in the morning. Bush would arrive in the Oval around 6:45 a.m., while Obama became the first president to get an electronic version of the briefing on an iPad so he could read it shortly after waking up, arriving in the Oval around 9 or 10 a.m.

After Trump gets lunch with other officials, phones some governors and world leaders and eventually wraps up his marathon coronavirus briefings, he goes back to watching TV with close aides to review his performance, enjoying "comfort food" such as french fries and Diet Coke. 

Then he reportedly watches even more TV back in the residence, only occasionally making time for dinner with First Lady Melania Trump and his youngest son Barron, who recently turned 14. 

Trump is clinging more to his already sizable appetite for watching TV. 

As much as he may review the footage of the briefings afterwards, the Times reports that Trump rarely attends the actual White House Coronavirus Task Force meetings that take place beforehand. Even when it comes to the prepared remarks he gives, Trump is reportedly seeing them for the first time, making last minute "tweaks with a Sharpie just before he reads them live," according to the Times.

Unable to hold rallies or visit his other properties to go golfing, Trump has grown increasingly irritable, taking shorter phone calls from outside advisers and echoing frustrations over his media coverage. 

"Many friends said they were less likely to call Mr. Trump's cellphone, assuming he does not want to hear their advice," the Times reports. "Those who do reach him said phone calls have grown more clipped: Conversations that used to last 20 minutes now wrap up in three."

However, Trump will always take calls from his campaign manager, Brad Parscale, who will update him on his internal polling numbers, which have reportedly worsened in swing states.

Aides told the Times that Trump is increasingly worried about his reelection prospects, and has grown angry with Fox News for not portraying him as positively as before.

In mid-March, Trump's morale reportedly bottomed out, with Mike Lindell — known as the My Pillow guy — offering to cheer him up by showing the president a text message from a Democrat friend who thinks Trump is doing a good job, Lindell told the Times.

"I just wanted to give him a little confidence," the My Pillow founder said.

In mid-March, Trump's morale reportedly bottomed out, with Mike Lindell — known as the My Pillow guy — offering to cheer him up by showing the president a text message from a Democrat friend who thinks Trump is doing a good job, Lindell told the Times.

POTUS getting pep talks from the my pillow guy.

Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Hardest working President...

Reveal hidden contents

Former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama typically got their briefings early in the morning. Bush would arrive in the Oval around 6:45 a.m., while Obama became the first president to get an electronic version of the briefing on an iPad so he could read it shortly after waking up, arriving in the Oval around 9 or 10 a.m.

After Trump gets lunch with other officials, phones some governors and world leaders and eventually wraps up his marathon coronavirus briefings, he goes back to watching TV with close aides to review his performance, enjoying "comfort food" such as french fries and Diet Coke. 

Then he reportedly watches even more TV back in the residence, only occasionally making time for dinner with First Lady Melania Trump and his youngest son Barron, who recently turned 14. 

Trump is clinging more to his already sizable appetite for watching TV. 

As much as he may review the footage of the briefings afterwards, the Times reports that Trump rarely attends the actual White House Coronavirus Task Force meetings that take place beforehand. Even when it comes to the prepared remarks he gives, Trump is reportedly seeing them for the first time, making last minute "tweaks with a Sharpie just before he reads them live," according to the Times.

Unable to hold rallies or visit his other properties to go golfing, Trump has grown increasingly irritable, taking shorter phone calls from outside advisers and echoing frustrations over his media coverage. 

"Many friends said they were less likely to call Mr. Trump's cellphone, assuming he does not want to hear their advice," the Times reports. "Those who do reach him said phone calls have grown more clipped: Conversations that used to last 20 minutes now wrap up in three."

However, Trump will always take calls from his campaign manager, Brad Parscale, who will update him on his internal polling numbers, which have reportedly worsened in swing states.

Aides told the Times that Trump is increasingly worried about his reelection prospects, and has grown angry with Fox News for not portraying him as positively as before.

In mid-March, Trump's morale reportedly bottomed out, with Mike Lindell — known as the My Pillow guy — offering to cheer him up by showing the president a text message from a Democrat friend who thinks Trump is doing a good job, Lindell told the Times.

I used to think him watching TV and not governing was a good thing because it limited the actual harm he could do, but now I'm not so sure.  I still don't want him making decisions though.  So maybe he could try his disinfectant theory on himself?

• Like 1

So at the end of all these crazy press conferences, all the insanity, the insults, the crudeness, the lunacy...

President Donald J. Trump shall declare at 11:59a-EST on 20 January, 2021..."THE ARISTOCRATS!"  

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So at the end of all these crazy press conferences, all the insanity, the insults, the crudeness, the lunacy...

President Donald J. Trump shall declare at 11:59a-EST on 20 January, 2021..."THE ARISTOCRATS!"  

You know, that might almost make it worth it.

7 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Where my deficit hawks at? Don't know about you, but $3.7T sounds like a lot of money. Is that a lot of money? Fuck all of you who voted for him. 

https://apnews.com/b483d9691de2b83a8b35951508c3b4d1

When Biden becomes President this will all be Biden's fault says the Republicans. All of a sudden the deficit will become THE number one thing. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

When Biden becomes President this will all be Biden's fault says the Republicans. All of a sudden the deficit will become THE number one thing. 

Yes. Plus, the Huckabee comments regarding "liberal" states. If it wasn't for social programs all of Arkansas would've had a life expectancy of forty. Which, upon reflection, might have been an interesting turn of events for Walmart.

Has this been posted anywhere? It has put them all together by agency.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

When Biden becomes the president nobody will listen to a god damn thing the republicans say except the dying 30 percent and falling of the country. Fuck them.

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

The congressional committees going after PPP fraud will be partisan witch hunts. If McConnell holds a majority all investigations will be roadblocked. 

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

Even if you give trump the benefit of the doubt that he wasn’t being serious about Lysol and sun treatment (narrator: he was being serious) is it really a good time to not be serious during daily talks about the most dangerous health crisis we’ve had in a century?

trump gets away with too many fake explanations and isn’t called out enough. When he said his grab ‘em by the pussy was just locker room talk, no one pointed out to him that he wasn’t in a locker room. He was in the middle of an interview for his tv show. You know that’s called work and should be a professional setting.

A Trumpkin friend of mine is totally carrying his water over the whole "injecting disinfectant" debacle. It's "the media" blowing it out of proportion. He was just "brainstorming" and anyone who doesn't see the good he's doing is purposely trying to hurt the country.

What a strange, sad hill to die on: trying to justify the idiocy of Donald Trump.

Latest MAGA talking points from my MIL's Facebook; it's back to being the regular flu, because hospitals and doctors are reporting everything as a Covid related death, because they (hospitals and doctors) get paid more for a Covid death than a "regular" death.

What the fuck.

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Latest MAGA talking points from my MIL's Facebook; it's back to being the regular flu, because hospitals and doctors are reporting everything as a Covid related death, because they (hospitals and doctors) get paid more for a Covid death than a "regular" death.

What the fuck.

This is true.  I just got an email from my hospital admin that I am getting a fat Covid Death Bonus this quarter.  Fantastic news!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1