Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

On a whim today, since I'm within sniffing distance of SS, I created an account, and checked out what I would receive at 62 vs 67, based on what my salary was last year.

Then wondered if I will ever see it.

Never as an adult have I wondered if it would be there for me.  I don't necessarily need it to survive, thanks to my pension that I'm fully vested for, but it would be nice to have it since I'll have two in college when I'm eligible to tap SS.

If I will ever see it.

I feel like there’s a generational divide here. I’m 40. At no point in my life have ever seriously considered the possibility that SS would be there for me when I retire. It’s always just been one more tax to me. Just a young to old generational transfer of wealth.

Of course I’d rather not burn it down right now though.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Mole said:

I feel like there’s a generational divide here. I’m 40. At no point in my life have ever seriously considered the possibility that SS would be there for me when I retire. It’s always just been one more tax to me. Just a young to old generational transfer of wealth.

Of course I’d rather not burn it down right now though.

I'm 13 years older than you.

My wife, however is your age....and she has for years now insisted that she will never get SS, so I'd say your generational divide thing is correct.

• Hook 'Em 1

There's a pretty defensible position where you tell your family to pound sand. "Sorry guys, you made these decisions for yourself."
One of the statistics that continues to always stand out to me is just how little money the average american has in savings. I was listening to NPR this morning and a california woman who sounded in her late 40s or 50s used her entire life savings of 25k to subsist the past few months and to move back to Maine, where she was from. She's looking for work. 
It's an amazing indictment on our educational systems, our federal programs, our parenting skills and a half dozen other things that so many people in the United States live in such precarious positions. Call it covid, call it 4 more years, pick your poison but this shit was going to crash the United States at some point sooner than later, and everyone was going to have to eat a big shit burger. You can't kick the can down the road forever. What you can make the hard decision on is whether or not that can, which weighs hundreds of pounds, is attached to a rope that is tied around your neck and ankle as the can sinks into the sea. 
Harsh? Maybe a bit. But I'm really fucking pissed off a lot these days. For the record, I have a ne'er-do-well sister (we're both adopted) with a degenerative back problem who's spent her entire life taking zero accountability for herself or tried to better her station through education, or a good job, etc. She is now back living with my parents, who are in their mid 70's. Despite an outlook that eventually looks like paralysis, she weighs probably close to 300 lbs. She's a recovered/ing addict. Nothing is ever her responsibility, everything is someone else's fault. She's never saved any money, and she's resentful of her place in life. She can't even seem to bother the last several years to get on state disability for some reason. When my parents move on or can't take care of her anymore, there's going to be some hard decisions to make in regards to her. I have my own family, and a son. I'm not interested in her living with us. Even if my parents leave some money behind, she's in no position to manage it responsibly or in any way to make it last. And those decision and burdens will be passed to me. So I feel your situation man. 

Well the stagnation of wages and increase in cost has contributed to the problem as well.

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm 13 years older than you.

My wife, however is your age....and she has for years now insisted that she will never get SS, so I'd say your generational divide thing is correct.

I'm your age.  I have flip flopped on whether I'll get any of it or not.  Given that no one seems to have the political will to touch it, I have been more or less concluding that it will be there, at least in part.  If I am means tested, I probably lose a lot of it.  So it's ok.  But I have about come to expect it.

Edited by TwiceHorn

13 hours ago, RPM said:

As someone within SS range, I say keep your fucking mitts off it and keep the tax in place. My Grandfather paid it, My Father paid it, I paid it, you pay it too. It's your job to make sure the politicians don't rob you of your SSI. You think private investment is a better option? 2008 says hai.

I’m not sure anyone here is arguing with you. I just turned A Man this year, but I’ve been fine paying SS my entire life, and paying under the assumption that it won’t be there for me in 20 years. My financial planner doesn’t even have it in his equations. But save it if we can. 

• Hook 'Em 1

All I asked for was a freaking 60 foot wall with freaking microwave lasers attached to it's freaking top.  Is that so freaking hard?  And for Mexico to pay for it because they like things hot.  

What the hell people?  

I've got $50 and my left nut says if you search Stephen Miller's desk right now, there's a series of diagrams sketched on the cocktail napkins from the 19th holes at all-white golf clubs, that represent these border-mounted lasers (a la Richard Pryor's scribblings in "Superman III").  remember when comic books were at least a little funny?  

16 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

this would be a great idea if we could see or verify the results of trump's test.

Right, this is more about Trump trying show one time he’s not packing his beak than anything about Biden.  If Biden counter offers to be drug tested every day including on the stage of every debate, Trump would pretend he ever mentioned it.

18 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

Biden needs to immediately respond he will take a drug test if Trump releases his tax returns. 

Trump is going to want to use his own personal physician.  So it's going to be as accurate as his reported weight.  

2 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Right, this is more about Trump trying show one time he’s not packing his beak than anything about Biden.  If Biden counter offers to be drug tested every day including on the stage of every debate, Trump would pretend he ever mentioned it.

he would yell and scream every day at the podium, "where are joe's test results?"  then when asked when the american public could see his, he would reply, "my tests came back, i get tested every couple weeks, the doctors said i have no drugs in my system, the best results they've ever seen, i'm the most drug-free president since lincoln, maybe more so than lincoln, we're not sure, but the tests are completely clean, the cleanest in history, i assure you."

then he would trot out that week's infomercial king medical expert to explain how immaculate his test was.

The White House Communications Office regularly chimes in on how independent news outlets report on the private business dealings of a sitting President's family, right?  That's normal?  

55 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Shit, there’s an even worse translation to that statement than what Rex honed in it...I’d you tease it out a little further, you can get to “The NBA now layers are lucky they can take a night off every night a black man gets murdered by the police.” 

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Man they are on fire with these.  60+ days out.  Imagine them in October.  Also, the first one hits home.

That first one is incredibly as/inspirational and positive for a right-wing org like LincolnP.  Either that or it's really fucking cynical.

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That first one is incredibly as/inspirational and positive for a right-wing org like LincolnP.  Either that or it's really fucking cynical.

maybe since conway bounced they're trying to be a kindler, gentler lincoln project?

my guess is they gained traction and followers by sniping at the president, and now they can run anything they think helps.

17 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Very well done.

Why are we beeping out the word pussy in that recording anywhere? The president of the US is on record saying he grabs women by the pussy. If hearing someone say that word makes you uncomfortable, you should be forced to reconcile that it’s a direct quote it come out of the president’s mouth and not only did he say it, he has done it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, heso said:

Why are we beeping out the word pussy in that recording anywhere? The president of the US is on record saying he grabs women by the pussy. If hearing someone say that word makes you uncomfortable, you should be forced to reconcile that it’s a direct quote it come out of the president’s mouth and not only did he say it, he has done it.

while i agree, i assume it would get tagged by a disclaimer on twitter and therefore seen by fewer people.

if they could run it unedited on tv, i'd be all for it.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m not sure anyone here is arguing with you. I just turned A Man this year, but I’ve been fine paying SS my entire life, and paying under the assumption that it won’t be there for me in 20 years. My financial planner doesn’t even have it in his equations. But save it if we can. 

image.png

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

41 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Cynical. The day a republican cares one shit about females after the moment they're born will be a first. Right now one of America's two parties is divided into evil and completely insane homicidal evil. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Cynical. The day a republican cares one shit about females after the moment they're born will be a first. Right now one of America's two parties is divided into evil and completely insane homicidal evil. 

It’s lame and vanilla but I guess they aren’t trying to reach someone like me who already curb stomped the GOP and am not returning. 

10 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

House Democrats in May approved a $3 trillion relief package that amounts to their opening offer: a sweeping measure that contains a number of Democratic priorities, including an extension of the jobless aid, nearly $200 billion for rental assistance and mortgage relief, $3.6 billion to bolster election security and additional aid for food assistance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/us/politics/coronavirus-relief-bills-house-senate.html

• Hook 'Em 6