Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

They're currently looking for a permanent headquarters for the U.S. Space Command for our Space Force Guardians. The finalists are Redstone Army Airfield (Huntsville, AL), Port San Antonio fka Kelly AFB, Patrick AFB (next to Cape Canaveral), Offutt AFB (Omaha), and Peterson AFB (Colorado Springs) near the Air Force Academy...so maybe?

It’s almost like space could’ve been handled by the Air Force.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think they hold the senate, regain the house and presidency in 2024.  We relive all of this.

If they do, Democrat leadership aint worth a damn.  Pelosi, Shumer and others need to be shown the curb with a swift kick in the ass.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think they hold the senate, regain the house and presidency in 2024.  We relive all of this.

God forbid.  Surely the true GOP leadership is figuring out a way to avoid Trump 2024.  I don’t think they’ll have the votes to tank Biden's economy.  

I still have hope that it turns out that Trump was uniquely suited (unsuited?) for this moment and that once he dies or moves on to something else, the GOP goes back to having the loudmouth dumbfuck racists sitting relatively quietly in the background.

29 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I still have hope that it turns out that Trump was uniquely suited (unsuited?) for this moment and that once he dies or moves on to something else, the GOP goes back to having the loudmouth dumbfuck racists sitting relatively quietly in the background.

Wish in one hand and shit in the other....

Dude, Trumpublicans aren't going anywhere, even if he does. There are savvy young political cretins out there studying and analyzing every step of Trump's rise to power & tabulating how to capitalize on that going forward. The GOP of 10 or 20 years ago would never have allowed someone of his morale failings into the room let alone to sit at the head of the table. Now? Shoot, he's just like us! GOPers are tweeting and retweeting openly racist rhetoric and memes all across the nation. The GOP is proudly flying the flag of Nationalism.

I hate to say it, but it is going to take a horrific act of violence performed in the name of MAGA to force the GOP to disavow that mindset & distance themselves from those voters. We're talking Murrah Federal Building level violence. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Dude, Trumpublicans aren't going anywhere, even if he does. There are savvy young political cretins out there studying and analyzing every step of Trump's rise to power & tabulating how to capitalize on that going forward. The GOP of 10 or 20 years ago would never have allowed someone of his morale failings into the room let alone to sit at the head of the table. Now? Shoot, he's just like us! GOPers are tweeting and retweeting openly racist rhetoric and memes all across the nation. The GOP is proudly flying the flag of Nationalism.

I hate to say it, but it is going to take a horrific act of violence performed in the name of MAGA to force the GOP to disavow that mindset & distance themselves from those voters. We're talking Murrah Federal Building level violence. 

This.  Why the fuck would they abandon a strategy that just got them 74 million voters?  If they do, half of those votes probably go away.  The old GOP isn't coming back.  It's over.  Trump or death.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Anyways skeptical of articles that strongly ring my personal confirmation bias, but this is pretty much what I think happened:

http:// https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/why-the-numbers-behind-mitch-mcconnells-re-election-dont-add-up/

The Collins re-election was surprising, sure, but Graham winning? Come the fuck on...

I wouldn’t put it past them, but I assume all states did vote audits and software checks after the fact. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/how-2020-shattered-shared-reality/617398/

I think this is a well written synopsis of what’s happened over the last 10 years that was highlighted/exacerbated by Trump and the pandemic.  One thought I had while reading it is that the gradual collapse of organized religion meant the uneducated people who ordinarily spend their time praying and going to church now have more time to spend thinking about politics.  Could be wrong.

The masses are easily influenced.  That’s always been true.  But now they are being influenced faster, more dramatically, by more sources, in new, worse ways.  I don’t have any good ideas on how to fix that, other than to just hope that the people in real power see enough incentive to hold things together to make the right changes.  I agree with that writer that 2021 is likely to be awesome but with a foreboding undercurrent.

7 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/how-2020-shattered-shared-reality/617398/

I think this is a well written synopsis of what’s happened over the last 10 years that was highlighted/exacerbated by Trump and the pandemic.  One thought I had while reading it is that the gradual collapse of organized religion meant the uneducated people who ordinarily spend their time praying and going to church now have more time to spend thinking about politics.  Could be wrong.

The masses are easily influenced.  That’s always been true.  But now they are being influenced faster, more dramatically, by more sources, in new, worse ways.  I don’t have any good ideas on how to fix that, other than to just hope that the people in real power see enough incentive to hold things together to make the right changes.  I agree with that writer that 2021 is likely to be awesome but with a foreboding undercurrent.

He’s not wrong, but he seems to be blaming the virus for a lot of the problems. This was happening well before 2020 and I would say that we would be in a very similar place without Covid. Probably worse because I think Dotard wins re-election. 

18 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

That's just it. Trump doesn't have to control it all to control it all. The GOPs are stuck. They got out-villained and now mushroom dick holds the keys to the Hate Engine...

The GOP is nothing if not ruthless and strategically ept. Trump, the biggest whale, attracts the harpoons. He can rant all he wants, but he's a known liar. What will his accusations mean to the mainstream? Nothing useful.

Trump has a smocking gun on Graham, Cruz, McConnell and the whole bunch.  When it comes out (and it will) there will be audio and visual support.    Compliments of Putin, most likely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Trump has a smocking gun on Graham, Cruz, McConnell and the whole bunch.  When it comes out (and it will) there will be audio and visual support.    Compliments of Putin, most likely.

It is hard for some to believe that the reason all the most prominent GOP leaders (Graham, McConnell, Cruz, Rubio; Romney, Kasich, and Ryan being the exceptions) have supported Trump really is as simple as “he outflanked us for the racists so we are defeated without his support”.   But I think that really is it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wow at that tweet. There's just so much there, even for a Dotard tweet. Giving Russia cover, blaming China with no evidence, claiming the election was hacked. 

And actually, it just pisses me the fuck off because it reminds me of how unpresidential Obama was that time he rolled up his sleeves in the oval office. 

• Like 1

That will happen. It really is just a matter of time. He’s created the largest domestic terrorist movement in US history. It’s irrational to think that many them won’t act, and won’t be successful in doing so.

They may act, but I’d give odds of their success at 50/50 or less. These are not smart people. 

Cool. I agree, we aren’t dealing with geniuses here. Say there are 10 attempts. That means 5 succeed.

And I think my numbers are low, by the way.

Imagine what riled up zealots will do in response to what they know is an illegitimate, occupation government. That’s exactly what will happen once Biden takes office.

13 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Anyways skeptical of articles that strongly ring my personal confirmation bias, but this is pretty much what I think happened:

http:// https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/why-the-numbers-behind-mitch-mcconnells-re-election-dont-add-up/

The Collins re-election was surprising, sure, but Graham winning? Come the fuck on...

This also fits the GOP strategy of accusing Dems of something that they are already doing themselves. Go all the way back to Newt Gingrich going after Jim Wright back in the 80s. Wright was selling his books to contributors. Sleazy. Also common. So common that Newt's wife was the one authoring his books to take in dirty money.

Newt struck first. Wright takes the hit. Newt gets accused. "It's just the ebil libs trying to get even." Rinse and repeat for decades. It was refined into a both sides argument for the lazier GOPs to come.

I believe the GOPs have been cheating in the elecions since the Diebold machines were used. This past election's tally of Trump votes is astonishing. It explains why he expected to win. They just underestimated how many people hate his fucking guts and would walk through fire or police gun fire to vote against him.

Thanks for posting the article. I hope the story is followed up. I fear the big TV news outlets don't like to cover more than one or maybe two stories at a time. Right now, it's wall to wall coverage on the Covid vaccine where they keep repeating about 15 minutes of story for 20 hours a day. Trump is sucking out the rest of the air. Throw in the patronizing inclination of the big press to think we poor fuckers can't handle anymore controversy, and you may just have a tragically dead but huge story.

Merry Goddamn Christmas, motherfuckers.

• Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I believe the GOPs have been cheating in the elecions since the Diebold machines were used. This past election's tally of Trump votes is astonishing. It explains why he expected to win. They just underestimated how many people hate his fucking guts and would walk through fire or police gun fire to vote against him.

It's just really hard for my brain to process the fact that he got 15 million MORE votes than he got in 2016. 

• Rage+1 2

It’s really not that complicated. It’s social media causing self selection of information.

Everything else is a symptom rather than a cause.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Pelosi and Schumer have been worthless for a long time.

I thought maybe Pelosi had experience going for her but they've been shoved out the way.  AOC is showing that she's not as easily pushed aside but that's more on an individual level and not the party.  The party as a whole needs to show some spine and they're still being dictated to by an outgoing lame duck administration.  

20 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

There is no doubt. But I’m still shocked “patriots” are ok with it.

What's strange is their handling the transition as a Republican vs Liberal while risking national interests and defense.  And they're not willing to take responsibility for their own actions, which is why they've created these fake ass realities--alternative facts.  The fact is they're risking the nation and democracy to play chicken.   

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

It’s really not that complicated. It’s social media causing self selection of information.

Everything else is a symptom rather than a cause.

As a (dare I say it?) social media mogul of sorts, I disagree.  Social media doesn't "cause" the the self-selection of information. That's on the consumer of the media, just as it always has been. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

As a (dare I say it?) social media mogul of sorts, I disagree.  Social media doesn't "cause" the the self-selection of information. That's on the consumer of the media, just as it always has been. 

I don't think that it is as simple as a selection bias, much more and deeper psychological manipulation at play. 

BTW, your feed is one of my favorite twitter accounts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

It is hard for some to believe that the reason all the most prominent GOP leaders (Graham, McConnell, Cruz, Rubio; Romney, Kasich, and Ryan being the exceptions) have supported Trump really is as simple as “he outflanked us for the racists so we are defeated without his support”.   But I think that really is it.

Oh, I don't know, I think he has some blackmale on Graham.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

So Flynn is advicing Trump to use the military to over turn the election ?

trump has asked questions about this ???

allegedly. Allegedly let both suffer the fate of all traitors 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/12/19/trump-reportedly-asked-advisors-about-deploying-military-to-overturn-election

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

So Flynn is advicing Trump to use the military to over turn the election ?

trump has asked questions about this ???

allegedly. Allegedly let both suffer the fate of all traitors 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/12/19/trump-reportedly-asked-advisors-about-deploying-military-to-overturn-election

Fuck around and find out bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Except the way these social media companies operate is by pushing information to you that they know you are predisposed to like. They want the clicks. Also the "like" and "follow" features are powerful psychological tools. When people gets likes and follows it's like a hit of dopamine.

So you have algorithms pushing you social media you already agree with, and then likes, retweets, and all the other social media bullshit digs into people's brains. It easy to see why someone's world view (no matter how fucked up it is to others) makes sense to them because they live in social media vacuums where they observe and recieve constant validation. It makes perfect sense to them.

And the Zuckerberg's and Dorseys of the world feign concern as they chuckle and watch the billions roll in.

• Hook 'Em 8