Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

25 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

The Communications Director of our local Catholic School sent out a questionnaire to the parents on the subject of expectations for next school year. Two of the initial responses returned claimed that COVID-19 has resulted in less than 300 deaths in the USA, with no explanation for the discrepancy or basis for her calculation,  and another emphatically asserted that their student would not wear a mask, nor should anyone else for that matter, including the teacher.

User name checks out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

lying sack of shit

That remains perhaps the most jaw-droppingly amazing thing about Trump.  He lies about, literally, everything.  Even when there's no point or purpose in doing so.  He lies about everything, from the helpful to the harmful, the serious to the mundane.  

Lying is not what he does.  Lying is what he IS.  It's his default communication.  I've known addicts....they don't lie at the rate that Trump does.  It's actually astounding -- it was before he became president, it certainly is now.  You cannot trust a single thing he says.  If he says he had a burger for lunch today, the truth is actually most likely that he ate something else for lunch.  The degradation of the Office of POTUS by this constant cascade of lies is incalculable.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

JFC.  There need to be consequences for this, though I don't know how you do it.  They are a menace to society.  

Reasonable parents should all sign a letter insisting that the school require masks for students and teachers, and stating that a failure to implement that policy will cause you to unenroll your children. It’s a private school. You don’t have to send your children there if other students and their idiot parents are creating an unsafe environment.

• Like 2

I looked up the statue on Wiki (FWIW) and it says it was erected in 1853. He died in 1845. He was flawed (putting it politely) and not kindly toward slaves, Native Americans, and people in general, but I also believe that casual students confuse him with the Confederate general Stonewall Jackson (Thomas Jackson) who served in both the U.S. Army and the Confederate Army.

Saw History Channel docudrama on Frontiersmen, with one episode pitting Andrew Jackson against Davy Crockett. with Jackson seeking Indian resettlement and extermination, and land rights grants favoring Jackson’s friends. Thus, paving the way for the cotton trade and re-emergence of slavery in the antebellum era. It essentially concluded that Jackson was the biggest piece of shit in American history, and ran off Crockett who opposed his policies. Crockett was for the little man, and empathized with the Natives.

Trump likes him some Andrew Jackson because he gave no fucks, was anti-intelligent, was a unapologetic white suprematist, and was openly corrupt.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Despite what Trump claims he asked "his people" to do, there is no way testing was actually slowed.  Most testing is administered at a state or local level.  The only way to get them to slow down would be to impede further delivery of test kits.

I love seeing people talk themselves into the answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
12 minutes ago, Red Five said:
Hey guys, maybe 25th him now and save a bunch of lives and even maybe give an ® a shot in the election? 

I dont understand how this has not happened already. The shit he is doing...

Because the people who could do it are spineless imbeciles that are hungry for power and lack the intelligence, charisma, or morals to do the right thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Because the people who could do it are spineless imbeciles that are hungry for power and lack the intelligence, charisma, or morals to do the right thing.

The vast majority are also likely compromised in some way as well.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I love seeing people talk themselves into the answer.

# tests (weekly basis) peaked two weeks ago.  Last week's testing #'s was roughly equal to the week prior to the peak.  We're a long way from calling that a trend.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Again, how do we deal with the people who believe this stuff?  Assuming a dotard loss, I fear this is a decades long de-brainwashing project and frankly, I don't have the energy for it.

I'd sincerely support suspending the applicable constitutional rights just this once to force them all into "re-education camps." The quotes are because we all know the "re-" is a kindness. 

They'd stay there until they truly believed and could elucidate: how dumb and /or blindly partisan they were to become a dotarder, why he's a piece of a rat shit who didn't even try to help them or anyone else in any way, why infantile insults and insecurity aren't a hallmark of strength, why journalists are not public enemy #1, and how they almost (fingers crossed) helped destroy the republic, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, TLP is doing just fine it seems.  Who cares if they are former Rs or whatever, as long as they get the job done?

Serious question... Are they running these on TV? If not, it's just people like us who are Very Online seeing them and it's just preaching to the choir.  

3 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I would say mock and scorn, but that would probably only drive them further toward extremism, which is dangerous. I don't know man, ignore them? Move on with or without them? They've always been there, they've just been given their 15 min with dotard. Hopefully they crawl back into their holes.

We ask for volunteers to populate Mars.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Which, combined with the following, is going to mean the ban exists for the next several months if not until 2021.

1199185613_AATrumpCruiseCloseUp.jpg.5ed391ff923ea75063569e4fa3f02e3e.jpg

Does the image above show up? 

Can there really be any question that Trump is behind the defunding of testing? 

Edited by RomaVicta

23 minutes ago, kevwun said:

A final solution if you will.

21 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

we'd have lots of books there so they can learn.  have it walled so they can't escape.  i know, let's call it the book 'n walled camp. 

20 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

If it ain't, it'll do until the final one gets here. 

As fine a sequence of posts by different people as I've ever seen. Bravo.

24 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Serious question... Are they running these on TV? If not, it's just people like us who are Very Online seeing them and it's just preaching to the choir.  

They run them on Fox during shows they know Trump watches. 

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

lying sack of shit

A lie is when you present something that you know to be false as the truth.

I'm not quite sure this is a lie. 

It has been established that Trump doesn't read, can't be told something he doesn't already believe, and is essentially a big toddler.

So..... maybe he believes they didn't have any? He probably didn't know what a ventilator was so this WAS news to him.

Then, because he got criticized he defended the fact that they didn't any by blaming others.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That remains perhaps the most jaw-droppingly amazing thing about Trump.  He lies about, literally, everything.  Even when there's no point or purpose in doing so.  He lies about everything, from the helpful to the harmful, the serious to the mundane.  

Lying is not what he does.  Lying is what he IS.  It's his default communication.  I've known addicts....they don't lie at the rate that Trump does.  It's actually astounding -- it was before he became president, it certainly is now.  You cannot trust a single thing he says.  If he says he had a burger for lunch today, the truth is actually most likely that he ate something else for lunch.  The degradation of the Office of POTUS by this constant cascade of lies is incalculable.

there was an interview with someone years ago who had been around trump for decades, some sort of business associate, whatever, who basically said "if you ask him, trump will lie about what time of day it is, just for the practice."

34 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

A lie is when you present something that you know to be false as the truth.

I'm not quite sure this is a lie. 

It has been established that Trump doesn't read, can't be told something he doesn't already believe, and is essentially a big toddler.

So..... maybe he believes they didn't have any? He probably didn't know what a ventilator was so this WAS news to him.

Then, because he got criticized he defended the fact that they didn't any by blaming others.

giphy.gif

Not to mention that he'd fired everyone with public health/pandemic experience.

I find it quite plausible that no political appointment in the Trump Administration knew what a ventilator was.  I believe it is absolutely true that Teh Donald did not know.

Check that, pretty sure Azar knew.  But they never asked him.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Saw History Channel docudrama on Frontiersmen, with one episode pitting Andrew Jackson against Davy Crockett. with Jackson seeking Indian resettlement and extermination, and land rights grants favoring Jackson’s friends. Thus, paving the way for the cotton trade and re-emergence of slavery in the antebellum era. It essentially concluded that Jackson was the biggest piece of shit in American history, and ran off Crockett who opposed his policies. Crockett was for the little man, and empathized with the Natives.

Trump likes him some Andrew Jackson because he gave no fucks, was anti-intelligent, was a unapologetic white suprematist, and was openly corrupt.

Both men's wives were / are regularly called whores as well.

2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'd sincerely support suspending the applicable constitutional rights just this once to force them all into "re-education camps." The quotes are because we all know the "re-" is a kindness. 

They'd stay there until they truly believed and could elucidate: how dumb and /or blindly partisan they were to become a dotarder, why he's a piece of a rat shit who didn't even try to help them or anyone else in any way, why infantile insults and insecurity aren't a hallmark of strength, why journalists are not public enemy #1, and how they almost (fingers crossed) helped destroy the republic, etc.

awkward bart simpson GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Reasonable parents should all sign a letter insisting that the school require masks for students and teachers, and stating that a failure to implement that policy will cause you to unenroll your children. It’s a private school. You don’t have to send your children there if other students and their idiot parents are creating an unsafe environment.

But where else would they go? Public school? With the blacks and mexicans? Yeah, they'll take whatever the school says.