Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's actually a really smart...or stupid....move.

Helps make this election all about the SCOTUS.  Of course, when he announces a bunch of MAGA ideologues as his potential nominees, he will motivate both some of his base.....and some of his opposition.  I don't see how it's anything but a "push" in terms of electoral advantage.  Trust me, most folks voting against Trump know that "preventing a shitty SCOTUS justice" is a big reason.

It's a smart play. He'll convince many people on his side that have been wavering to suck it up. Meanwhile, on the left, I feel like people can't possibly be more motivated to show up, and those who might not show don't have SCOTUS at the top of their lists. 

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's actually a really smart...or stupid....move.

Helps make this election all about the SCOTUS.  Of course, when he announces a bunch of MAGA ideologues as his potential nominees, he will motivate both some of his base.....and some of his opposition.  I don't see how it's anything but a "push" in terms of electoral advantage.  Trust me, most folks voting against Trump know that "preventing a shitty SCOTUS justice" is a big reason.

It also means that Jared was able to score some of Putin's powder from the hit on Navalny.

I'm only sorta kidding. Who here believes someone in the admin hasn't thought of it?

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If your biggest problems with Trump are the bolded....and not the fact that he's a pathologically lying malignant narcissist who believes that the nation exists to serve his whims, and not vice-versa.....you MIGHT be a giant piece of shit.

There's no "might" about it. This is the same guy who once proclaimed that the Army-Navy game was an over-hyped borefest. He probably thinks they're all suckers and losers too. 

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

If having this fuck on tape Nixon style doesn't get his ass crushed in November then there is not a single thing that can be done to save America from it's own callous stupidity

We’re living in a post truth world. 

I think the best we can hope for is  a small percentage of people demotivated enough to not spend the effort to vote. 

3 minutes ago, Player said:

There's no "might" about it. This is the same guy who once proclaimed that the Army-Navy game was an over-hyped borefest. He probably thinks they're all suckers and losers too. 

"You see @Player you misunderstood. Trump is a big fan of the Nevada style Pistol offense and was merely commenting on the evolution of offensive style in college football" - Trumpster

46 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

What else has Trump downplayed? 

This was a really good interview dealing with the counterproductive results the use of torture produced in actionable intelligence after 9-11 but the last part deals with the striking similarities between various white supremacist groups and Al-Qaeda.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/08/910640336/former-fbi-agent-addresses-post-sept-11-torture-in-newly-declassified-book

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

beyond that, it's utterly fucking stupefying that, knowing who and what woodward is, he would consent to sit down and be recorded saying these things.

I mean, have you paid any attention to this guy over the years? He literally can’t help himself. He’s Colonel Jessup x infinity

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah, Cruz has been waiting and angling for this for years. It's why he is so happy to talk about Term Limits. This motherfucker is a NIGHTMARE if he gets on the bench. He'll be unabashedly radical and won't give a fuck about getting along with anyone. And he'll pull the already conservative judges further right. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ted Cruz as a SCOTUS justice is absolutely horrifying which is why it will happen. Of course, nothing would be more Trump than Trump promising to nominate Cruz to SCOTUS to get his support only to betray him and nominate someone else, just to laugh about how much he screwed Ted Cruz over. Which would be legitimately funny and I would very much love to see it in any other context that didn't involve SCOTUS just going full MAGA for a generation.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, Cruz has been waiting and angling for this for years. It's why he is so happy to talk about Term Limits. This motherfucker is a NIGHTMARE if he gets on the bench. He'll be unabashedly radical and won't give a fuck about getting along with anyone. And he'll pull the already conservative judges further right. 

i think this was a rejected plot line for the first version of the Pelican Brief.  It was too graphic with all the ass-tonguing from Cruz on Trump for promising to nominate him for SC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Don't know who watched Michael Cohen interview on Maddow last night. He said there is already a plan in place that if Dotard loses in November, he will resign and Pence will issue a preemptive pardon for any past and future crimes. Of course that won't help with State or District charges. 

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I watched Die Hard over 20 years ago. You must have me confused with Lobo and his encyclopedic memory of all things film and TV.

It's really just of one particular TV show and then a handful of movies.  Your encyclopedic knowledge of my posting history is actually more fucked up because at least I can bring up my useless knowledge at a cocktail party and get a laugh.  You bring up my shit over and over again and people just think, "Man, you know that asshole?  Sorry."  ;) 

Another thing I have been dying for somebody to ask Trump for years now, ever since that Bloomberg bible verse question series fell flat.  Is everybody knows there's a theater in the White House.  Everybody, regardless of party, knows the President deserves to knock off every now and again and watch a movie with family and friends and staff.  How come nobody ever asks him, just as a softball before the real questions start, "Hey, Mr. President...screened any movies lately in the White House movie room?"  Every President has talked about it since FDR has screened multiple films in that room and it's always made for friendly banter between POTUS and the press.  There's nobody in this nation that hasn't at least watched part of a film in the last 3.5 years.  I'd love to know what the hell Trump has been watching down there.