Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

3 hours ago, NaTeWHO said:

http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2328

USC-LA County Study: Early Results of Antibody Testing Suggest Number of COVID-19 Infections Far Exceeds Number of Confirmed Cases in Los Angeles County

That’s unpossible, it only got here in March and is exponentially spreading with a 3% CFR.  Get that through your thick fucking skull

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Georgia’s an interesting state to see how it goes. Large metro... was hit early but recovere..I’d assume herd immunity is probably large.

What percentage of the state of Georgia’s population do you estimate have been infected?

9 hours ago, Parliament said:

Probably a bit moreso in the Cloak Room.

That's because they're all scholars in the CR.  Touching dirt would be beneath them.

EDIT: Yep, easy to get a rise from CR heavy posters like pacman.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

On 4/19/2020 at 9:06 PM, Armybrat said:

OU still sucks

AB, my feels!

To be fair, I'd rather read OUsucks all day vs BradATX not giving up on this threadshit.  Just call it a win and move on, Brad.  Apparently you've never been married...win or lose, you just have to know when to call certain ones.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Royalfan5 said:

As I am a non-medical person, and I can’t remember seeing this discussed anywhere, is there any correlation between exposure time and illness and severity and such? E.g. passing an infected person in a store aisle vs. sitting at an adjacent table in a restaurant vs. next to them at church or a ballgame or flying? 

Not a medical person either, and can't speak to your specific scenarios, but yes there's a correlation between the degree of exposure (I believe "viral load" is the operative term) and the course of the disease. This would help explain, for example, why many medical workers such as the relatively young doctor at one of the Wuhan hospitals died. The idea is that the milder the initial exposure, the more chance the body has to familiarize itself with the virus, which takes time to replicate. Or something like that.  

Edited by Bruno Sardine
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Treefidy said:

City obviously using this time to do some major road projects on 2222 and SW parkway

3 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

You really think the city organized or reorganized to increase major roadwork during this time once they realized traffic would be lower? That's a serious question. I have no idea, but it seems like a lot to put all that together. Maybe it's not, I dunno. It'd be great if they could to keep those people working. 

They’ve been doing sidewalk projects in our neighborhood, tied to the 2016 mobility bond.    The roadwork could be tied into that.

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm doing the opposite.  I'm embracing my 1970s shagginess.  Figure I'll have a full Barbarino in another month or so....

YDfsP-1455125060-1736-list_items-john_tr

• As a kid: Always kept short except for a brief few months in 3rd grade, when it seemed I had natural curls, like what I imagine the John Travolta in your pictures had as a kid.  
  • High school: was in JROTC and it was the late 80s, so flat top
  • First year out of high school, was in ROTC, so again, kept short.  
  • Left school, worked, needed a “neat appearance”
  • Went in the Army, see high school
  • Got out, spent a few months kicking around, grew a hillbilly beard, but because my hair started out high-and-tight, it did not get long before I started working and again and needed a “neat” appearance.  

Marriage: wife prefers it short, plus spent 10 years in another job that preferred a neat appearance, plus being in Austin since the 90s, I preferred short hair in the summers.   Now: I freelance, and will not be meeting anybody I work for in person until probably this fall

I am going to grow the shit out of this hair, and my first grader, he’s along for the ride as well.  I’ve had a small bald spot in back for the past 20+ years, and I don’t know when it’s finally going to really kick in either, so this could be my last chance.

And I last had a haircut in early January, and then shit got crazy, so I got a helluva running start at this.  Curls are starting to appear.   I’ve got glorious 70s sideburns.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just for perspective on airline economy,

Sunday TSA throughput was 105k while last year it was 2.4 million.

The percentage drop has been pretty consistent, 5% capacity compared to last year. I will admit to not realizing it was that drastic.

https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

Anybody have comparisons in restaurants?

Other comparisons here, https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51706225

Chinese car sales down 86%. That has to be tough for their economy, given that it is ine of their largest emerging markets.

Pollution looking real nice.

Edited by pacman

"Roadmap to Pandemic Resilience: Massive Scale Testing, Tracing, and Supported Isolation (TTSI) as the Path to Pandemic Resilience for a Free Society," lays out how a massive scale-up of testing, paired with contact tracing and supported isolation, can rebuild trust in our personal safety and re-mobilize the U.S. economy. 

Among the report’s top recommendations is the need to deliver at least 5 million tests per day by early June to help ensure a safe social opening. This number will need to increase to 20 million tests per day by mid-summer to fully re-mobilize the economy.

You can also find the report and related material at the Pandemic Resilience Roadmap website, www.pandemictesting.org.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, F250 said:

My hair is pretty long now so I decided to use the clippers and give myself an undercut while leaving the top long. I've been channeling Arthur Shelby "By order of the Peaky Blinders" for the past couple of days.

Cirrhosis sets in...

I told the wife I wasn't getting a haircut again until we have a real football game to watch at High school, college, or NFL level.  She just said, "Fuck no.  That could be more than a year."

I wept.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 12:01 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol, it's all over the news  you stupid fucking POS.  Nursing homes are NOT getting tested.  You had fatass JB Pritzker say they have task forces hitting hot nursing homes here in IL to deliver PPE and supplement staff.  It's total BS...and yes you dumb motherfucker we do have one of the largest groups in the country that run postacute networks for hospitals.  Several people on here know me in real life including the Bobs and others I've worked with during the crisis.

So you went from 'third hand' to just flat out calling someone with first hand knowledge a liar?  I am out there working in this shit 6 days a week.  Good to know there's complete pieces of shit like you out there who think it's all fine and we're just whining.  Again, FUCK YOU. 

Bra-fucking-vo doc....

13 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

First COVID-19 claimed St Patrick's Day, and now it takes out Oktoberfest. 

First time since World War II that it won't take place. 

I went to Oktoberfest just after 9-11. They talked about shutting it down but it went on.  The place was pretty much empty compared to the normal times. 

4. They’ve cancelled it 24 times.

You can’t stop beer pouring! In 200 years, Oktoberfest has only been cancelled 24 times. The causes were mostly due to the war and cholera epidemics

Edited by EuroHorn

5 AM this morning two perps broke into the neighborhood food mart several blocks away from us, so sheriff’s cruisers started flying all over with sirens blazing for about a half hour. Normally a very quiet area with almost no crime, but there have been several vehicle break ins over the past month and now this. At least no dogs were shot.

LEOs must be bored.

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

5 AM this morning two perps broke into the neighborhood food mart several blocks away from us, so sheriff’s cruisers started flying all over with sirens blazing for about a half hour. Normally a very quiet area with almost no crime, but there have been several vehicle break ins over the past month and now this. At least no dogs were shot.

LEOs must be bored.

That or the crooks are active ?

10 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

LEOs must be bored.

Start wearing your Colts, AB

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away