CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

So did Texas hospitals just say fuck it or is this a Scott and white temple thing. Wife had shoulder reconstruction today. No COVID tests required before surgery. No temp checks when we came in, none of the standard questions. Most docs and nurses are wearing standard paper masks, no KN-95s. 

Yikes.

I had rotator cuff surgery in Dallas at Carrell Clinic on 12/3. They had checked my vax status in advance and got temp checked (along with the wife who was permitted to come to recovery).

Everyone I saw had full N-95 masks.

19 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

my tiny office doesn't have a vax mandate. why you ask? because everyone I work with is a fucking adult and has gotten their vax. that's why.

Yup.  8 people in my company, all 8 vaxxed and boosted.  

I still work from home most days, but only because I'm actually more productive there, w/o the commute, etc.

8 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

my tiny office doesn't have a vax mandate. why you ask? because everyone I work with is a fucking adult and has gotten their vax. that's why.

Lucky. We gave them their own floor and they have to wear masks at all times. If I have to pick up someone’s project because their unwillingness to vax I will lose my shit. 

• Rage+1 1

On 12/22/2021 at 9:07 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

That is fucking ridiculous.  I allegedly have 4 boxes on the way to me.  Should arrive tomorrow.  How they haven't used the DPA to ensure a massive amount of these suckers I am not sure.

Maybe it’s because you are buying 4 boxes.

So did Texas hospitals just say fuck it or is this a Scott and white temple thing. Wife had shoulder reconstruction today. No COVID tests required before surgery. No temp checks when we came in, none of the standard questions. Most docs and nurses are wearing standard paper masks, no KN-95s. 

I had a procedure last week at S& W. I also did not have to test, after answering the pre-op screening questions several times during the week prior. They basically asked if I had any symptoms and whether I was vaxxed/boosted. I think “no, yes, yes” allows patients to forego the testing.

I had a procedure last week. I also did not have to test, after answering the pre-op screening questions several times during the week prior. They basically asked if I had any symptoms and whether I was vaxxed/boosted. I think “no, yes, yes” allows patients to forego the testing.

ETA:

They most certainly did temp scan me upon entering the building in Round Rock. My procedure was on 12/15, for reference.

3 hours ago, scottsins said:

I had a procedure last week at S& W. I also did not have to test, after answering the pre-op screening questions several times during the week prior. They basically asked if I had any symptoms and whether I was vaxxed/boosted. I think “no, yes, yes” allows patients to forego the testing.

They never asked her vaccination status and it’s not on file with the hospital AFAIK. She didn’t get any vax through S&W. Paper masks still blows my mind even if they are only allowing vaccinated patients. How is N95 not the standard in a hospital setting?

I think it's clear that the real number of covid victims is higher than what we have heard.

"I can recall a guy who had COVID symptoms; his X-ray looked like COVID because I saw it. And the guy says, ‘You’re not sticking a swab in my nose,’ and he died a few days later. That guy had COVID, but I didn’t call it COVID,” Clark said. “He was not given a postmortem test. After he died, I think he still has a right to those wishes.” 

https://missouriindependent.com/2021/12/22/uncounted-inaccurate-death-certificates-across-the-country-hide-the-true-toll-of-covid-19/

• Hook 'Em 1

One of my wife's closest friends is married to a NYPD police officer.  He's also anti-vaxx, which is a point of contention between husband and wife.

As we were unwrapping gifts this morning, wife tells the story of her friend's Christmas.  Apparently, so many of the NYPD was actively trying to catch Covid in order to stay at home over Christmas that they ran out of test kits and told officers who didn't feel well to just stay home, which also led to a shortage of officers able to work.  Plus, his partner did catch Covid, so since he (and his wife) have been exposed, her family can't come over today as they had planned.

Not only are these dedicated public servants choosing not to get vaxxed, they are perfectly willing to catch Covid in order to get out of....serving the public.

On 12/23/2021 at 2:35 PM, TXSG8R said:

no Covid test is shocking 

On 12/24/2021 at 8:17 AM, TXSG8R said:

They never asked her vaccination status and it’s not on file with the hospital AFAIK. She didn’t get any vax through S&W. Paper masks still blows my mind even if they are only allowing vaccinated patients. How is N95 not the standard in a hospital setting?

It’s on file with the state, which I’m assuming they can look up 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

no Covid test is shocking 

Yea, it was really weird, even more so with the complete lack of anything to get into the facility. I can’t even get into the VA parking lot without a temp check and question screening. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It's funny but my teenage kid has not had school closures because of Covid or anything like that.  Now his school has been shut down 2 times so far this year due to gun threats that a kid "may" be coming to school to kill a bunch of kids.  That seems to be a under reported story and definitely has an effect on children's mental health when they know that at any time some kid could show up to their school with a weapon and go on a killing spree.  I wonder why nobody is willing to fix that problem.  

Have you ever heard of freedoms? Guns are good. Mental health is bad. Schools are the worst with all that teaching and learning.
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Trumpers blaming Biden for not being able to get Covid under control while they simultaneously go out of their way to prolong it by refusing to get vaccinated purely for political reasons is peak 2021 stupidity. Just no ability to connect the dots whatsoever.

All those damn anti vaxxers in NY is why they just popped on 50,000 cases.  

• Fuck You 1

Even the New York Post won't back your bullshit, Sack.

Before Omicron struck, New York City had the state’s lowest positivity rate while upstate areas were struggling with new cases.

Both de Blasio and Hochul tried to downplay the surge in hospitalizations by comparing it to previous waves of the pandemic, with the mayor saying that “our hospitals are doing remarkably well.”

“We have real challenges but what’s striking is how different, thank God — how different the Omicron experience is than even last winter, let alone the spring of 2020,” he said.

Before Omicron struck, New York City had the state’s lowest positivity rate.

John D’Angelo of Northwell Health, the state’s largest hospital network, called its COVID-19 caseload “manageable,” with 771 on Sunday, up from 594 on Friday.

By comparison, Northwell was treating 1,082 COVID-19 patients on Dec. 27, 2020, said D’Angelo, a senior vice president and the chairman of emergency management.

The percentage of patients undergoing intensive care was at 9 percent, down from 16 percent in December 2020 and 26 percent in April 2020, he said.

About 90 percent of patients in the intensive care units are unvaccinated, D’Angelo said.

https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/nypost.com/2021/12/27/nyc-hospitalizations-up-intensely-in-last-two-weeks-as-omicron-surges/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16406537337630&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2021%2F12%2F27%2Fnyc-hospitalizations-up-intensely-in-last-two-weeks-as-omicron-surges%2F

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3

I’m old enough to remember when almost every leftist on here shrieked about the shortage of tests in spring of 2020 was a major failure by the federal government.  Now almost two years in we are short of tests and our President claims this variant was a surprise.  Is that also not a failure?   Or is one a failure and the other not.  Or are neither?

• Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He said he had a plan to stop it.  Not me.  More people have died under his watch now than his predecessor.  And he had the benefit of a life saving vaccine.  Sounds like an ineffective plan.  

This is so dumb and ignorant. Those poors you like to denigrate and that you claim deserve to be poor are way smarter than you. If intelligence really mattered for wealth you would be living in a cardboard box.

Covid deaths peaked in January 2021. Only a total dipshit like you would blame Biden for that.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He said he had a plan to stop it.  Not me.  More people have died under his watch now than his predecessor.  And he had the benefit of a life saving vaccine.  Sounds like an ineffective plan.  

Total deaths is a meaningless stat when dealing with an infectious disease. What is case fatality rate now vs then. Also what is case fatality rate of vaxed vs that of qtards 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The plan was to convince morons in the Trump cult to get vaccinated. He definitely underestimated the stupidity of you guys. 

Again it isn’t just white Trumpers that hesitate to vax.  It’s blacks and LatinX.  Blacks have the lowest vax rates of any race.  And vote 90 percent in favor of Biden.  Blacks and Hispanics also have high Covid mortality rates. You don’t just to get to blame Trumpers, as much as you’d like to.  Some very high death counts in blue states.  And in the deep red south states some of the highest death rates are going to be in your blue voters.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7