CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Sadly, it is.

It's also selling Obama stuff as well, and on the about us page, there's plenty of crap legitimizing the endeavor.  Finally, there's a usa.gov logo on the bottom of the page.  

Well I'm often wrong, but never in doubt.

43 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I read his name in the old Chicago "Buuulls" PA's voice and realized something may be rotten in Denmark.  Which is what we called the neighborhood around the United Center growing up.

Also, when that guy asked the President in the clip about "How you can say it will be eradicated without a vaccine?"  The President effectively replies, "Because we'll get rid of it, it'll be gone."  That's his explanation?  You can get eradicate a virus, with no vaccine, by "getting rid of it."  

Well shit, I had no idea.  You can just "get rid of a virus" by Executive Order.  holy fucking shit folks.../ballgame  

I'm votin' for the sumbitch now!  

I’m waiting for him to introduce Brawndo as the next cure. 

A Tale of Two Cities:

The S&P 500 rose 76.12 points to 2,939.51. It has surged 13.7% in April, and it’s a day away from closing out its best month since late 1974.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 532.31, or 2.2%, to 24,633.86, and the Nasdaq climbed 306.98, or 3.6%, to 8,914.71.

https://apnews.com/adccb9ca233e4a43f83f28e14bdf8149

Some day they will write about this moment in history - 

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way."

52 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Imagine being such a beta cuck that you were that guy.

All the beta cucks in his inner circle tell themselves at least I'm not that guy, while looking at Pence.  

'Thank you Mr. President'

Narrator:  <vomits>

• Like 1

Man my 5 year plan to move overseas or to Cali just keeps looking more and more dumb by the day. Loving this red state leadership and rejection of science. At least we have oil, this boom will never end! Fuck those Cali fucktards for sitting on reserves and limiting high risk drilling. Libtards. Gimme BP tar balls at the Bama Breeze!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

I'm tempted to spin this off into it's own thread but it would probably get less views than sticking it here.  I double dog dare anyone to make a counter argument to Carlson's claims.

considering the result, you might saved yourself some embarrassment if you gone with your first instinct.

or do you not get embarrassed?

Is flattening the curve mean we should just expect 2,000 deaths a day until there is a vaccine? Are we making progress?! We have been averaging about 1,800 deaths a day for more than 3 weeks now.**

I feel like the push to re-open the economy is based very little on a decrease in deaths or any actual progress in figuring out how to squash it.

Governors basically said, fuck it. If we wait to open the economy until we figure out this virus thing, our economy will crash and burn. Might as well open up, get the economy moving again, and hope everyone becomes numb to 2,000 deaths a day.

** if you look at Spain and Italy's death rates, you see a peak and then a steady decline, you can draw straight line downward. The deathrate in the US has leveled out, not decreased. Why is that happening? why not not a steady decrease like some of the similar harder hit countries?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by yoladu

Is flattening the curve mean we should just expect 2,000 deaths a day until there is a vaccine? Are we making progress?! We have been averaging about 1,800 deaths a day for more than 3 weeks now.

I feel like the push to re-open the economy is based very little on a decrease in deaths or any actual progress in figuring out how to squash it.
Governors basically said, fuck it. If we wait to open the economy until we figure out this virus thing, our economy will crash and burn. Might as well open up, get the economy moving again, and hope everyone becomes numb to 2,000 deaths a day.
It's a nod to Trump and insurance companies and to lighten unemployment claims.

It's doubling down on anti science bullshit. Let's see how that plays out.

If we spike and have to shut down again we are all fucked.

Fucked more than we are.

A lot of businesses are holding off on reopening because they only have one move left. Increase cash burn and runways get real short real quick.

A few restaurants and gyms opening ain't doing shit
One outbreak and those that can afford it do SIP again
  • Like 1

In South Korea news...they reported no new domestic cases for the first time since Feb and they've been in the single digits for new cases for the past 10 days or so.  They're also  in the planning stages of providing antibody tests for the entire 51 mil population. Mind blowing that the US and Korea had their first case on the same day.

Here's an example of the type of quarantine kits they're providing for people who have to self isolate for 2 weeks when they get into the country. 

spacer.png

Edited by AngryDragon
  • Like 3

The endless levels of dumb in the Trump administration are damn near unfathomable.  So NOW... months after the obvious need, to use Presidential powers to dramtically increase testing they have instead opted to start "operation warp speed!".  To simply make a massive push for some sort of vaccine. Whether it works or not,  is simply less important than Mike Pence proclaiming the numerical volume something...

It's sad that we are literally simply going to play Russian Roulette and skip completely what we should have been working on to save the fucking economy,  Warp speed testing Scotty!!!

I guess the good news is the country club folks found getting free money relatively easy.  Nothing like a guy who makes $100K a month in his side business, getting $3+ million for one of the largest and most profitable car dealers in Houston.  The Trump administration and Republicans simply rigged this system to help those best connected.  Fuck everybody else.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AngryDragon said:

In South Korea news...they reported no new domestic cases for the first time since Feb and they've been in the single digits for new cases for the past 10 days or so.  They're also  in the planning stages of providing antibody tests for the entire 51 mil population. Mind blowing that the US and Korea had their first case on the same day.

Here's an example of the type of quarantine kits they're providing for people who have to self isolate for 2 weeks when they get into the country. 

spacer.png

No nong shim?  Blasphemy.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

One of the first comments is from a reporter that was on the trip and he said they were told 24 hours in advance that masks were required and to plan accordingly. Can anyone in their circle not lie? 

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

One of the first comments is from a reporter that was on the trip and he said they were told 24 hours in advance that masks were required and to plan accordingly. Can anyone in their circle not lie? 

Short of that reporter having video of them getting that briefing with Pence in the room, a bunch of people will believe mother.  With the video, showing Pence nodding to the instructions and signing a document stating he understands hes supposed to wear the mask, a bunch of people will still believe mother.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

These people think that Americans are as stupid as they are and will fall for this shit?

ummm, people did fall for this shit. re: 2016 Presidential Election

The people didn't elect Trump...the Electoral College elected Trump...the people elected Hillary

• Like 4

Short of that reporter having video of them getting that briefing with Pence in the room, a bunch of people will believe mother.  With the video, showing Pence nodding to the instructions and signing a document stating he understands hes supposed to wear the mask, a bunch of people will still believe mother.  
Even with video 40 percent of the country would believe it's a lie. There's no amount of proof that matters anymore

Even with video 40 percent of the country would believe it's a lie. There's no amount of proof that matters anymore

43 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

From NPR

Vice President Pence responded to criticisms that he defied Mayo Clinic policy by not wearing a mask during his visit Tuesday to the campus, saying he complied with federal guidelines and felt it was his duty to speak to workers at the facility unencumbered by a facial covering. 

"As vice president of the United States, I'm tested for the coronavirus on a regular basis, and everyone who is around me is tested for the coronavirus," he told reporters, saying he is following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.

Everyone is lying.  Bank on it.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, tx 3 putt said:

trump wants them to stay open so ICE can then raid them

There's no way that's happ....

Ah well, nevertheless.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:45 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

I honestly don't know if you meant this as a joke or not. 

It's totally a jo...

Ah well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

What's the old saying, if you look around the masked room and can't spot the idiot, you're the unmasked idiot?  

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

they have instead opted to start "operation warp speed!".  To simply make a massive push for some sort of vaccine.

every single plan that comes from trump is some version of a "get rich quick" scheme.

every thing he talks about, every thing he demands, every thing he promises the american people - it's all this aspirational quick-fix bullshit nonsense.  he's a lazy clown grifter who's never done any actual work in his life, and that's how he wants this to go.

lie, deflect, distract, over-promise, never deliver, then start blaming everybody else.  i cannot fucking wait for november.  then trump can go back to making 9 billion dollars a month or whatever he'd have us believe.

• Like 7