CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Ten years. White men step aside from all leadership roles for ten years at least.

Yeah, should make them wear yellow stars. Can't get them mixed up with people who are about the same color but aren't. Also is it only pure white men that are sent to the camps, or is it any white? How tainted can one be by whiteness? Do you get a pass if you claim that you're a woman?

Edited by workswithseed
  • Like 1

Returning to the original topic which branched into the last several pages, these protests are picking up steam in part due to the political action committees that are funding them. NYT listed some of the orgs providing support, and in the each accusation is a confession category, the same groups who attempt to shut down discussions with

"Crisis Actor! She/He is a crisis actor!"

are taking advantage of the situation to promote their own agendas. One of the leaders in Lansing yesterday was Jason Howland, a conspiracy theorist who posts videos of empty hospital parking lots on YouTube asserting that the COVID-19 reaction is overblown. It seems to be a situation where the grifters and con men are using each other to propel themselves into either grabbing more power or holding on to what they have. Rather like Brad Parscales worming his way into the Trump Organization to make a buttload of money as a campaign manager. If you've ever read the Texas Tribune and other articles about him, he went from small potatoes con man to outsized pretty quickly. He's just better at it than Howland.

That Whitmer is the focus of their ire has so much going for it--she is female (stop, I'm not going there), she is a Democrat with an R lege, it is a battleground state, it is a mix of urban/rural which is third (IIRC) behind New York and NJ in being affected by the virus with the urban being primarily affected and largely POC being stricken. So much to unpack there and the quiet funding and promotion by Freedom Works and other groups that are working remotely give the locals a boost that they would not otherwise have.

The GOP is setting this up to further solidify the votes they need. One could argue that ignoring this or showing that it is not that many people might be the way to go, but I'm not so sure. That list of protest rallies that I posted from Yasher Ali's twitter is large and could grow larger. While I agree, Hawaii seems like an odd place to have a Women for Trump rally, does the Tulsi Gabbard connection fit in there? How much is Russia amplifying these protests across America? Never ignore Russia. Never. Constant vigilance.

Edit to add- I need to clarify that Gabbard herself has not promoted protests, etc and has joined other leaders in urging testing, tracing, etc. I am referring specifically to the right leaning push on social media, etc during the presidential campaigns.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
addition

This thread moves very quickly and it's easy to miss something here or over in the DT thread, but has anyone heard from @triplehornat all? I knew at some point folks were inquiring, but I haven't seen any posts for quite some time. I hope everything is okay and it's just a sabbatical.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
correction

White men are apparently gigantic pussies, if this thread is any indication.

It’s ok, I can say that because I’m white and a pussy. Just not such a big pussy that I can’t handle a joke about white men without reacting like I just got kicked in the balls.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Man, there are some thin skinned honkies on this site.  

I took @Bama Chick's comment as a hyperbolic joke...apparently some of y'all took it as a personal attack. 

Perhaps you should get some clarity as to why you're so defensive.

Ah, when she said "I know what I said." That's just a joke. Fuck, the fajitas thing I take as a joke.

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Where is everyone dining in Austin today? I want to know the best place to help build up herd immunity. I heard Chuys was an option and I’m a sucker for Green Chile Chicken enchiladas.

Chicken Boom Boom is where it's at. Actually, my go to lately has been the steak burrito with Boom boom

• Like 1

I wonder if it's hard for them to put on the mask to hide their faces to complete their dress up solider outfits knowing that it means they are following health guidelines?

Edited by kevwun

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Can we call them thugs or is that a no no since they’re white? 

Funny story, the word "thug" originates from Sanskrit. Since the word has been adopted by the English language and is used to described anyone who is a swindler or thief, it seems fine to call white people thugs too.

Just now, workswithseed said:

Mind explaining why I should stop?

Used or to get a point across or in comedic affect. It wasn't funny, especially with the "I know what I said." She knows what she said, and means it.

Or you're just a triggered bitch

• Like 5

Where is everyone dining in Austin today? I want to know the best place to help build up herd immunity. I heard Chuys was an option and I’m a sucker for Green Chile Chicken enchiladas.
Chuys patio, 5:01pm. All the cool kids will be there.

Real. Tex mex.*

*25 percent real, wearing masks, and sitting in the sun while it's 90 degrees out.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Would the percentage of folks who wish to discuss race and gender perspectives as it relates to hyperbole mind moving their conversation over to the DT? 

This is a thread for COVID-19.

Sure, but I better bring the quotes. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Would the percentage of folks who wish to discuss race and gender perspectives as it relates to hyperbole mind moving their conversation over to the DT? 

DDD Dad just fell in love. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Nuke China!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2