CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 hours ago, achooloco said:

thats fucking embarrassing. the FUCKING FEDERAL government should be doing that work but dotard sucks. fucking pathetic, fuck trump, and fuck you if you support him.

I read in the DT thread the other day that federal government had less knowledge, power, and responsibility than local and state government, so we shouldnt be disappointed in its response. Seriously. The government of the most powerful nation in history doesnt have as much power to fight a global pandemic as a fucking school board. That is the reality those fucking morons live in. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, achooloco said:

You’re not wrong. Sigh. We deserve better 

Looking back on all the presidents in my lifetime, from Carter to now, this dingus is the only one that truly seems incapable of feeling / exuding empathy.  It makes me sad.

7 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

I'm sure the actual death toll is past 100k already but the confirmed one will be past 100k by early to mid June after this May 1 opening if the Easter spike in Dallas county is any indication. 

I’m pretty sure my aunt’s death was not counted, as she died 2 weeks ago in her home in Collin County, and they’re not real serious about counting there.  My uncle (her brother, not her husband) who discovered her body, was admitted to the hospital today in Dallas County as a presumptive positive. Praying all goes well, but at least he’ll be granted the dignity of having his death acknowledged if it doesn’t. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I read in the DT thread the other day that federal government had less knowledge, power, and responsibility than local and state government, so we shouldnt be disappointed in its response. Seriously. The government of the most powerful nation in history doesnt have as much power to fight a global pandemic as a fucking school board. That is the reality those fucking morons live in. 

But Obama and Biden totally fucked up their response to H1N1. That hit in the third month of the Obama presidency but he didn't inherit a broken system, it wasn't a failure of incompetent governors. Nope, it was all their responsibility. It's unfair to ask the same of Trump who told us that he alone could solve all our problems. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Well done. Can’t wait for GRUHorn to comment. 

these fucking videos never get old. never. they spent like a month whining about the left wing media, the democrats, and everything else but the obvious problem on our hands.

Now its terrible and China's fault. That is what Tahoe will now come along and tell you.

And that is also right. Both things can be right. China needs to own up to this fuck up and Trumpkins need to watch this video daily. but they won't, as we know

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m pretty sure my aunt’s death was not counted, as she died 2 weeks ago in her home in Collin County, and they’re not real serious about counting there.  My uncle (her brother, not her husband) who discovered her body, was admitted to the hospital today in Dallas County as a presumptive positive. Praying all goes well, but at least he’ll be granted the dignity of having his death acknowledged if it doesn’t. 

Shit

22 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Looking back on all the presidents in my lifetime, from Carter to now, this dingus is the only one that truly seems incapable of feeling / exuding empathy.  It makes me sad.

He is incapable of feeling empathy. And it's a psychosis so he's incapable of change. It's who he is. 

14 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Condolences to your family.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Unfortunately I think there's a lot more people with similar stories than we realize. Good luck to your uncle and hopefully the treatment pulls him through just fine. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I'm tempted to spin this off into it's own thread but it would probably get less views than sticking it here.  I double dog dare anyone to make a counter argument to Carlson's claims.

Let me guess follow the R game plane of deflect and let’s blame “insert here” for the covid response and deflect anything we did. It’s the tech companies fault for this mess and Donald is right. 
Let’s change the subject on how bad we are doing and talk about that over there.

why isn’t he doing a segment on how Donald response?

why is that when the Rs had full control Of all three branches they never investigate these types of accusations that Tucker is talking about and did squat about it. Wait wait what about Hilary, still waiting for her to be locked up.

maybe just maybe, cause it’s just a smoke screen to deflect 

Edited by Gengs1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I'm tempted to spin this off into it's own thread but it would probably get less views than sticking it here.  I double dog dare anyone to make a counter argument to Carlson's claims.

So over 60 k confirmed and most likely 100+k total deaths from a pandemic in 2 months. Most of which was preventable with proper federal precautions and action by a Republican led fed. 

And you're here posting garbage about tech censures. 

Americans are dying on American soil at a higher rate than anything of the last 100 years and this is what you and your kind are rambling about. You should be censored on this site. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Ok...I'll do my best....

Counter: IT came from Tucker Carlson.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

“They’ve used methods that are ludicrous to get results that are completely implausible,” said Dr. Carl Bergstrom, a University of Washington biologist who specializes in infectious disease modeling.

He likened their extrapolations to “estimating the average height of Americans from the players on an NBA court.”

In a rare statement late today, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”

link

AND, as deech said...it's Tucker Carlson...

Edited by DixonHur
link
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

The Republicans, both those in power and those who vote for them, are so profoundly fucking stupid it's hard to see a path forward. There is basically nothing redeemable about any of them.

A basket of deplorable who cling to their guns and religion.

14 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I don’t know how anyone could fail to understand this part. The number of deaths over the amount of time we have had WITH all the SIP they are bitching about, but they want to say it’s less deadly than the flu.  Mind bottling.

Edited by TXSG8R

20 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:
I don’t know how anyone could fail to understand this part. The number of deaths over the amount of time we have had WITH all the SIP they are bitching about, but they want to say it’s less deadly than the flu.  Mind bottling.

Of course they want to say that, but they need to stay in their lane. Do they want me to assist them in the ER because I passed Bio 101?

In some respects had the GOP just been honest and said we're not closing down anything, up to 2 million people are going to die depending upon how it goes as realtime data occurs, health care may be overwhelmed and the economy and Americans are going to suffer, it would have been horrific, but this slow drip drip drip of denial, spin, and attacks upon the scientific community is painful in a different sense.

6 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Allow me to retort:

The American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical society and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.

https://www.aaem.org/resources/statements/joint-endorsed/physician-misinformation

• Like 4

7 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Man, this got demolished quicker than normal. I don't think you get how dares are supposed to work.

• Like 1

Remember when Tucker had on Gregory Rigano, a "medical advisor" to Stanford, to tout the miracle cure of HCQ? Then he turned out to not actually be a medical advisor to Stanford? 

It's almost as if these people are just pretending to believe these things on TV for money!

That stupid video with the two doctors has been making its way around the internet. And not surprisingly, every mouth breather has fallen for it hook line and sinker. 

Imagine being so stupid that you think Tucker Carlson has made an airtight argument about anything. 

• Like 8

So where are all the trolls to tell us that video proves Corona Virus is a big nothingburger and we need to go back to normal so we can have the greatest economy in the history of the world again?  What time is it in Russia?  Are they all asleep?  I say all when it may just be one person with multiple accounts as it seems only one of them always posts a ton and not a bunch of the others at the same time.

Haha.  Of course EMAW comes here to defend those stupid quacks.  They claim a 0.03% CFR.  Never mind the methodological errors in their math (which are numerous), the result itself contradicts hard data.

New York has a 1,180 deaths per 1 million residents.  Why is that relevant?  Because it means that, if every NY resident has been infected, the lowest possible CFR is 0.118% - almost 4x higher than those two doctors claim.  

But the true CFR is almost certainly much higher than that, because not all New Yorkers have been infected.  The official case count amounts to only 1.5% of residents, and a recent antibody study claimed 14% have been infected. Even if that antibody study is correct, the CFR is only as low 0.8%, 27x higher than the Bakersfield doofuses claim.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 4

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/04/29/florida-medical-examiners-were-releasing-coronavirus-death-data-the-state-made-them-stop/

State officials have stopped releasing the list of coronavirus deaths being compiled by Florida’s medical examiners, which has at times shown a higher death toll than the state’s published count.

The list had previously been released in real time by the state Medical Examiners Commission. But earlier this month, after the Tampa Bay Times reported that the medical examiners’ death count was 10 percent higher than the figure released by the Florida Department of Health, state officials said the list needed to be reviewed and possibly redacted.

They’ve now been withholding it for nine days, without providing any of the information or specifying what they plan to remove.

Dr. Stephen Nelson, the chairman of the state Medical Examiners Commission, said the change in policy came after the state health department intervened.

The medical examiners’ list does not include names. But it provides demographic information, probable cause of death and case summaries with information about each person’s medical and travel history.

Nelson — who is also the medical examiner for Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties — said state officials told him they plan to remove causes of death and case descriptions. Without that information, the list is meaningless, he said.

Nelson said he believes the entirety of the list is public information — a stance supported by Florida public records experts.

“This is no different than any other public record we deal with,” Nelson said. “It’s paid for by taxpayer dollars and the taxpayers have a right to know.”

The health department acknowledged that it “participated in conference calls” with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, which provides administrative support to the Medical Examiners Commission. The topic was “privacy concerns for the individuals that passed away related to COVID-19,” health department spokesman Alberto Moscoso said.

Moscoso said the health department didn’t provide a formal legal opinion.

The agency has attempted at least once to block information about deaths from COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, from becoming public.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Y'all are right. You should not get medical advice from Tucker Carlson and two random doctors in a viral youtube video. Everyone knows that the only place to get your peer-reviewed medical research information is from Fox and Friends.

Nope. Too Librul.

COVID-19 numbers falsified to make Trump look bad -Diamond and ...

52 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Y'all are right. You should not get medical advice from Tucker Carlson and two random doctors in a viral youtube video. Everyone knows that the only place to get your peer-reviewed medical research information is from Fox and Friends.

Nope. Too Librul.

COVID-19 numbers falsified to make Trump look bad -Diamond and ...

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Man, this got demolished quicker than normal. I don't think you get how dares are supposed to work.

i watched a lot of double dare as a kid and if you get double dared back you have to do the challenge immediately.  it's exactly how that works.