Thing$ $till not going well for Joe Rogan, I $ee.

Parliament

I remember that podcast.  First JRE pod I ever listened to.  I think it was recommended here.  

Anyway the neanderthal with the microphone kept asking Osterholm if he caught COVID could he just hop in the sauna and sweat it out.

Osterholm politely explained to him that wouldn't work.

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2024 at 4:57 PM, bluto said:

Fun to look back at how much the world has changed in 4 yrs

https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/s/dL2R6kOHL6

It’s easy to get people to listen when they’re locked down.
That truth shit stopped when he realized that truth doesn’t help with ratings when they had to return to real life.

Edited by Dnaguy

Interesting. I was thinking recently about how I used to listen to Rogan all the time (when he had a good guest on) and I didn't remember having to wade through a bunch of insane stupid bullshit. Good to know that started later, for the most part anyway.

With 12 months from that interview Rogan had completely switched to pandering to dumb, mostly redneck, ignorant MMA bros I'm assuming because he feels that's where the ratings are. He needs the ratings to justify another big payout from Spotify once his deal is up. A lot of stupid people around and they're easier to get riled up and listening than intelligent and discerning people. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I remember essentially cutting out on JRE when it went to Spotify exclusively.  It was a combo of just preferring the Apple Podcast for keeping track of pods, and all the whining he'd been doing about the COVID lockdowns.  He was inserting more and more of himself and less of letting the guest talk.  He'd constantly get side tracked whining about lockdowns and cancel culture and all I could think was "you're a fucking millionaire 100x over and ain't no way you're getting canceled for this stupid shit you say".  I just lost interest completely.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Joe Rogan hosted Terrance Howard, who famously announced that 1x1= 2.  Howard has thoughts on physics and chemistry.

Sad Big Brother GIF by Channel 7

Joe Rogan is the Joel Osteen of secularism.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I have some pretty left leaning friends that listen to this shit because "he has good guests on." It fucking sucks to watch them get a bit of brain worms, parrot TDS and parrot empty Biden rhetoric at behest of a dude that used to make people eat bugs and currently comments on dudes beating eachothers brains in for money in the CTE era. They enjoy the show.

That whole Rogan, Tucker Tik Tok sphere might turn the election assuming those chucklefucks can figure out how to vote, even bother, and have past felony they have gotten fully addressed so they can legally vote.
I don't think I'll be doing community outreach on that demo when I work this early fall. Ah, Mr Tapout shirt you have a prior felony and can't vote for life? Sorry to waste your time you can't re-register.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I have some pretty left leaning friends that listen to this shit because "he has good guests on."

Are they potheads?  Because that's a BIG part of his demo.  They love the "just asking questions!" schtick.  They are also usually not very smart.  

On 2/17/2024 at 8:31 AM, BevoAbyss said:

Bottom line: Rogan is just the latest illustration of a massive intellectual collapse or devolution in 50-60% (or more) of the US population.

How/Why?

Not sure when it "began," but it accelerated after the Apollo moon landings, secularism's great technological triumph for all to see.

1) TV has long been accelerating the collapse -- especially with endless shows celebrating every kind of idiocy, supernaturalism, UFOs, Ancient Aliens, conspiracy theories, and presenting anti-intellectualism/anti-science as a virtue, etc. 

--  Why did I say 50-60%? Because I have met far too many people on the "Left" (or libs or dems) who believe in array of conspiracy theories and general anti-science beliefs. All in the name of being "anti-capitalist" or "anti-corporate" and embracing cultural relativism. Meaning that all beliefs are "relative" and there are no universal standards for empirical truths -- except, of course, for the belief in anti-capitalism.

-- The first anti-vaxxers I ever met (or even heard about) were leftist/liberals at UT-Austin around 1990.

2) Followed by social media platforms, which are empowering idiocy far beyond TV and are literally overrunning our secular education systems. 

3) Underneath much of this is religion, of course, especially the unchecked proliferation of evangelicalism-fundamentalism-creationism since the 1970s. 

4) The failure of art, science, and secular philosophy to develop a meaningful narrative for a shared destiny in the wake of Apollo moon landings, Hubble telescope, and the cosmology of the big bang. For example, Hollywood cranks out endless space monsters and Star Wars rebel-tribal battles, nowhere enough 2001 or Star Trek quest for knowledge and understanding.

-- The failure to develop a widely embraced narrative to unity humanity as a single species, sharing a tiny planet with all other life forms, hurtling around a spiral galaxy in a universe of two trillion galaxies stretching across 100 billion light years. 

5) The first 4 are anchored in humanity's narcissism (collectively and individually), which might be impossible to overcome, as we all want the universe to revolve around us and our little existence, to make us feel super-special with an important or eternal destiny. Thus, consumerism, social media, and religion fit the bill.

Bottom line, I think America is devolutionary toast, long-term, and will drag down the rest of the world. 

Final stop: Planet of the Apes (1968 version).

And the evolution starts all over again.

#4 is a bit on the extreme side of the pessimistic scenario. Lol I think this is a great post though. 

Thinking it can't happen to us is the easiest time for it to happen. Imagine if half the Meatheads out there decided to play army. It would be bad and we are somewhat near that point if something were to just set off the powder keg. 

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Joe Rogan hosted Terrance Howard, who famously announced that 1x1= 2.  Howard has thoughts on physics and chemistry.

He's trying to relate it to topics he loves and thinks other people relate to and it's straight up gibberish. He sounds like he's read a lot and at the same time that he knows nothing at all and is freestyling on the images he saw. Lol 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

I have some pretty left leaning friends that listen to this shit because "he has good guests on." It fucking sucks to watch them get a bit of brain worms, parrot TDS and parrot empty Biden rhetoric at behest of a dude that used to make people eat bugs and currently comments on dudes beating eachothers brains in for money in the CTE era. They enjoy the show.

That whole Rogan, Tucker Tik Tok sphere might turn the election assuming those chucklefucks can figure out how to vote, even bother, and have past felony they have gotten fully addressed so they can legally vote.
I don't think I'll be doing community outreach on that demo when I work this early fall. Ah, Mr Tapout shirt you have a prior felony and can't vote for life? Sorry to waste your time you can't re-register.

The problem can be traced back to the moment the culture decided that it needed influencers to help people make sense out of life. Stupidest shit ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The problem can be traced back to the moment the culture decided that it needed influencers to help people make sense out of life. Stupidest shit ever.

I will never forget when my buddy told me about Rogan's podcast and how good it was.  I listened to his interview with Glenn Greenwald for about 8 minutes and I immediately was like

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952oegx82xoxvyre3892u6

If you don't immediately understand this is a podcast for abject morons, you are the abject moron.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I will never forget when my buddy told me about Rogan's podcast and how good it was.  I listened to his interview with Glenn Greenwald for about 8 minutes and I immediately was like
200w.gif?cid=6c09b952oegx82xoxvyre3892u6vpcc06x8u1rmso5wqbj1j&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

If you don't immediately understand this is a podcast for abject morons, you are the abject moron.

Cilian Murphy is a national treasure. A great Brit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, aggie08 said:

But it sure would be cool if we weren't inescapably dooming our kids and our kids' kids to this mind-numbingly stupid shit.

Those would be your grandkids. A lot of people don't know that.

16 hours ago, immamac said:

Read the Wikipedia article for beryllium 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium

Fascinating read. There were no mentions of a single thing this guy said in any metaphorical or other sense and we seem to know A LOT about beryllium. Emeralds huh? 

I learned, from watching some historical documents coming from Terrence Howard's industry, that if shaped into a sphere, beryllium can be used to drive faster-than-light travel.  Surely you've seen the historical documents.....

MV5BMjQxNDA1Mzc5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzEx

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

17 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Rogan is the guy who gave fraud and grifter Graham Hancock a platform.  Howard slots right into the estuary of scams and idiocy.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

"Do headphones go over or under the hoodie?" seems like a pretty basic litmus test on whether or not I should listen to your thoughts on science.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Slacks said:

I should be filthy rich.

The only holdup is prolly that you've got, like, a conscience.  First rule of grifting--don't care about the audience/constituents.  Then you can tell folks to drink bleach and take horse dewormer, because facts.  And they'll love you for it, even while throwing up.  The warning label won't even matter, because they don't read.  

I've got this new diet plan, based on an old weight loss plan, that involves eating tape worms. They're just like gummy worms, only they'll eat all the bad inside stuff that's holding you back.  And you'll know that you're doing it right when you're crapping out worm parts.    

https://www.healthline.com/health/diet-and-weight-loss/tapeworm-diet#origins

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"Do headphones go over or under the hoodie?" seems like a pretty basic litmus test on whether or not I should listen to your thoughts on science.

There is hydrogen at 40.5 hertz bro.  Low frequencies penetrate through solid media better brah.   Something about South Austin's mom vibrating at all frequencies.  

• immamac changed the title to Thing$ $till not going well for Joe Rogan, I $ee.
3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

The only holdup is prolly that you've got, like, a conscience.  First rule of grifting--don't care about the audience/constituents.  Then you can tell folks to drink bleach and take horse dewormer, because facts.  And they'll love you for it, even while throwing up.  The warning label won't even matter, because they don't read.  

I've got this new diet plan, based on an old weight loss plan, that involves eating tape worms. They're just like gummy worms, only they'll eat all the bad inside stuff that's holding you back.  And you'll know that you're doing it wrong when you're crapping out worm parts.    

https://www.healthline.com/health/diet-and-weight-loss/tapeworm-diet#origins

Funny but not funny, the bolded is 100% a conversation I've had with friends over the years.  If I could rid myself of my pesky conscience and some semblance of a moral compass, I have had opportunity after opportunity over the years to make money by utterly fucking someone/many someones over.  I could be rich, if I was only a sociopath.

Little did I know, "sociopath who happily rips off other people" would be the most admired trait in America these days.  I could be both rich AND admired.  I'm such an idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Funny but not funny, the bolded is 100% a conversation I've had with friends over the years.  If I could rid myself of my pesky conscience and some semblance of a moral compass, I have had opportunity after opportunity over the years to make money by utterly fucking someone/many someones over.  I could be rich, if I was only a sociopath.

Little did I know, "sociopath who happily rips off other people" would be the most admired trait in America these days.  I could be both rich AND admired.  I'm such an idiot.

The conservatives didn't care about all the personal bankruptcies, the military didn't care about his deferments and fuck the POW's because they're losers, christians didn't care about grab 'em by the pussy and so many wives that marriage really is just a transaction at this point-- nothing matters.  But Biden stutters, maybe says something wrong while Trump runs a Reich ad up the flagpole to see what takes.  Hillary didn't campaign hard enough and her emails were real problems for the grab'em by the pussy crowd. If you want to grift, they have to believe in you--so it helps to have a hit show like the Apprentice backing you and books that state how if you repeat a lie enough, people will believe it.  Otherwise, they'll think you talk funny and won't be able to lie to their face like they demand.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Irish actually (and not northern Ireland)

Yeah I’m pretty sure he gave a solid fuck you gesture to a couple of the royals when introduced once.  Saw it somewhere.  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I'd have no qualms about grifting the shit out of MAGA. I would sit back and laugh my ass off the entire time I was doing it. Just need an idea and a little initiative.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'd have no qualms about grifting the shit out of MAGA. I would sit back and laugh my ass off the entire time I was doing it. Just need an idea and a little initiative.

So it's not dishonesty and stealing you are against, it's the audience that is being stolen from and lied to that matters. Mighty ethical of you, C-Man.

Either you grift them all or you grift nobody. Like the EEOC said; Equal Employment Grifting Opportunity Commission.

Edited by BeardIP

7 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

So it's not dishonesty and stealing you are against, it's the audience that is being stolen from and lied to that matters. Mighty ethical of you, C-Man.

Either you grift them all or you grift nobody. Like the EEOC said; Equal Employment Grifting Opportunity Commission.

tumblr_psw8244M311xlv8m3o4_540.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Counterpoint: the concepts of ethical and honest dealings are not a universal ETHIC, but rather are a compact.  When one side has so completely breached a compact, then it is dissolved, and the other side is relieved of any and all obligations to follow the compact.

It's kind of like how the compact of tolerance (religious tolerance) works: the compact of "everyone is free to hold the religious beliefs that their conscience dictates, without compulsion or interference by the state" is a compact that must bind everyone.  If one group opts OUT of that compact and says "cool, our beliefs are sacred and can't be infringed....but we intend to use force and the power of the state to require the rest of you to follow our beliefs," you've opted out of the compact, and you no longer get the benefit of the "religious tolerance" compact.

Fuck the MAGAs.  They've opted out of honesty and the rule of law.  It's "win at all costs, and hurt other people" for them.  I owe them no duty, no deference, and no mercy.  They want to hurt people.  So fuck em, as hard and brutally as possible.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: the concepts of ethical and honest dealings are not a universal ETHIC, but rather are a compact.  When one side has so completely breached a compact, then it is dissolved, and the other side is relieved of any and all obligations to follow the compact.

It's kind of like how the compact of tolerance (religious tolerance) works: the compact of "everyone is free to hold the religious beliefs that their conscience dictates, without compulsion or interference by the state" is a compact that must bind everyone.  If one group opts OUT of that compact and says "cool, our beliefs are sacred and can't be infringed....but we intend to use force and the power of the state to require the rest of you to follow our beliefs," you've opted out of the compact, and you no longer get the benefit of the "religious tolerance" compact.

Fuck the MAGAs.  They've opted out of honesty and the rule of law.  It's "win at all costs, and hurt other people" for them.  I owe them no duty, no deference, and no mercy.  They want to hurt people.  So fuck em, as hard and brutally as possible.

But....nevermind.

5 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Cilian Murphy is a national treasure. A great Brit

3 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Irish actually (and not northern Ireland)

I was just about to say, "Them's fightin' words."

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I learned, from watching some historical documents coming from Terrence Howard's industry, that if shaped into a sphere, beryllium can be used to drive faster-than-light travel.  Surely you've seen the historical documents.....

MV5BMjQxNDA1Mzc5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzEx

Beryllium and copper combined to make some bad ass sand wedges back in the day. 

2 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Doubtful anyone needs an ethics lesson from you.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1