What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

2 hours ago, Deej said:

I had my first Whataburger in over six months yesterday. Ordered through the app. Had my food in less than 10 minutes. Can't figure out how my patty melt was ice cold. I guess they decided to pre-make one to save time. 

I haven't had a good patty melt in 2 or 3 years from them. 

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

82633cef732d81e1ad2a51fae4865eb9.jpg

Had one today, and it slammed with extreme prejudice just like always. It needs to return to its rightful place on the permanent menu.

Same same.  Picked up daughter and her family from ABIA this morning and enjoyed one at the Whataburger in the cell phone lot.

• Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, trubbaman said:

Tried to go this morning for a JCB. Five cars in front, 45 minute wait. Double barrel of middle fingers and blood pressure raised.

Gotta do mobile order through the app; it GREATLY reduces the likelihood of a screwup and cuts the wait immensely. 

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Gotta do mobile order through the app; it GREATLY reduces the likelihood of a screwup and cuts the wait immensely. 

Mobile order plus curbside is 100 percent faster than going through the drive through for me. And they don't really screw up the order.

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Mobile order plus curbside is 100 percent faster than going through the drive through for me. And they don't really screw up the order.

I never do curbside at my local one. Sat there for 15 minutes once and finally went inside. It was sitting on the counter. I order on the app and then go in and pick it up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I never do curbside at my local one. Sat there for 15 minutes once and finally went inside. It was sitting on the counter. I order on the app and then go in and pick it up. 

At mine if it's the abuela that brings it out she messes up my drink half the time.

52 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I think it’s a bit shitty to sit in your car and have them walk it out to you.  or if not shitty then just fat.  get up and walk in there. 

5 hours ago, Dutch said:

Mobile order this morning and showed up at appointed time, walked in and still waited 13 minutes. Ate my delicious sausage, egg, American on JCB on the drive home. It was glorious. Opened the JCB with sausage, egg, Monterey with grilled jalapeños and the sausage was absent. 

<They fuck you in the drive thru gif> 

5 hours ago, Dutch said:

I tried to do lunch through the app on Friday, but no shredded cheddar option on my burger was a non-starter.  Just three-deep in the drive-thru.  I was out of there in under 7 minutes.  This was at among the two best WBs in our area.

Edited by dcbc

8 hours ago, futureman said:

were you trapped or could you have pulled out?  I would have bailed for sure. 

Trapped. I deleted the app when the bean counters pulled the JCB and the service sped up augering in. Getting it back feels like failure but it might be worth a try.

22 hours ago, futureman said:

I think it’s a bit shitty to sit in your car and have them walk it out to you.  or if not shitty then just fat.  get up and walk in there. 

I usually turn my truck off and enjoy a cocktail while I'm "not driving"  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 3:33 PM, thunderlounge said:

NW Arkansas, or NE methlahoma (claremore) are the closest. 

shit - we even have them in BHam. Sorry man. 

#5 add japs, hold the lettuce if Im eating it in the car - shit goes everywhere

Edited by beer

When did they come out with a sequel to velveeta

3 hours ago, futureman said:

we’re having fun but jokes aside that is double egg, both kinds of cheese, bacon and sausage.  it’s the top of the mountain for the jap cheddar.  everyone should do it at least once.  the double sausage was probably too much. 

For the last 6 months, the boy has been overseas. He flew back to the US and met us in LA last week. We’re about to board our flight back to AUS. He looked at our arrival time and said “so, I assume we’re picking up Whataburger for dinner on the way home.” I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

For the last 6 months, the boy has been overseas. He flew back to the US and met us in LA last week. We’re about to board our flight back to AUS. He looked at our arrival time and said “so, I assume we’re picking up Whataburger for dinner on the way home.” I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

It will.

• Like 1

The patty melt is pretty good, but the meal clocks in over $10. I can grill a pretty decent bone in rib-eye at home for 10 bucks. I think Whataburger, and all fast food has a pricing problem. But many people need a quick meal and they’ll continue to do well. 

I’m at the point if it’s not a free item in the app, I’m probably not eating there. 

Fucking Chicago fucks. Putting mayo-ey nasty slaw on a “southern” burger. That’s a bad take on Slaw on a pork bbq sandwich. That’s a Memphis thing; no other bbq region does that in the south. And it’s mustard or vinegar based. Not that shit. And it doesn’t ever go n a burger. Fuck those assholes.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered a patty melt meal for pickup on the app from the Whataburger like a mile from my house, or I thought I did...  Get there and they can’t find my order, never changed my location from the one across town I ordered from a few weeks ago.  I hope an employee enjoys my cold patty melt, the one I bought at the right location was good.