What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

That Popeye's down the street is - am I allowed to say ghetto? - as fuck. Back when I was living over there I did some Doordarsh and uber eats delivery and after a couple trips to that Popeye's I was like "yeah fuck that place I'll just wait for the next delivery". 

Isn't that what Popeye's corporate wants all their stores to aim for?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Isn't that what Popeye's corporate wants all their stores to aim for?

Oh I'm aware of how that franchise operates. Just saying that one was especially a nightmare. Like the manager started every shift with "well we can either help out customers and serve chicken or we can just get high and act like we don't work here"

Oh I'm aware of how that franchise operates. Just saying that one was especially a nightmare. Like the manager started every shift with "well we can either help out customers and serve chicken or we can just get high and act like we don't work here"

Ummmm….that IS the corporate Popeyes model. Did you not get the memo?

48 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

First time in Whataburger in about 12 years. Cumming, GA location with friendly staff. A little slow before the lunch rush. Ordered #2 with jalapenos and cheese. Waiting.. . And it's actually better than I remember it being, and no mistakes in the order.  Thumbs up.

No mistakes in the order?  Are you certain you're not actually at a Chick fil A instead?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

First time in Whataburger in about 12 years. Cumming, GA location with friendly staff. A little slow before the lunch rush. Ordered #2 with jalapenos and cheese. Waiting.. . And it's actually better than I remember it being, and no mistakes in the order.  Thumbs up.

Chicago is fucking up Whataburger. Friendly staff? No mistakes?

What in the fuck? That was part of the charm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Deej said:

Chicago is fucking up Whataburger. Friendly staff? No mistakes?

What in the fuck? That was part of the charm. 

Based on reading this thread, I was shocked. But it looks like Whataburger's going to be added to the lunch rotation, at least when I have to head up to my office in the exurbs.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

coffee is full time menu addition and wings are part time.

did some googling and i think the "wings" are just sauced chicken bites?

found on reddit, but there is going to be a new spicy ketchup to celebrate the 1000th store opening

image.png.e09b31894176ff3eec7fc47f9b5c4668.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PilotsError said:

They have wings now. Boneless. They’re ok, heavy on the sauce.  These are honey butter  

IMG_1327.jpeg.

Harmon Dobson must surely be slapping his head and rolling his eyes in heaven.

• 3 weeks later...

Every generation is different. I remember when working at a Whataburger in high school was a point of pride, and it was damn near impossible to get a job at Chick-fil-A.

My brother was the drive thru guy at the new CFA near our childhood home. The franchise owner called every single one of his references, and had lunch with our youth pastor before he’d hire him. It was a pretty good gig. The pay was higher than many entry level jobs available, and he scored some numbers.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Last week paid $26 for two people. Not worth it.

Dan's is cheaper, better, and on my way home from work. 

I like P. Terry's better than WB and have for awhile now. 

I just don't really have a reason to eat at WB anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Last week I ordered sausage, egg, cheese on JCB on the app. Walked in and it was hot and ready on time. Got on the road and discovered they gave me a regular biscuit instead of JCB. Put in another sausage, egg, cheese on JCB order at a different store 20 minutes ago. They got it right. I made it into a double sausage, double egg, double cheese on JCB and tossed the regular biscuit for the birds. Sent complaint email from the app and got a free biscuit sandwich coupon.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, gernblansten said:

Last week I ordered sausage, egg, cheese on JCB on the app. Walked in and it was hot and ready on time. Got on the road and discovered they gave me a regular biscuit instead of JCB. Put in another sausage, egg, cheese on JCB order at a different store 20 minutes ago. They got it right. I made it into a double sausage, double egg, double cheese on JCB and tossed the regular biscuit for the birds. Sent complaint email from the app and got a free biscuit sandwich coupon.

the jesus win GIF

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, gernblansten said:

Elite breakfast sorcery, imo.

Took the kids to Fossil Rim on Wednesday and stopped in Glen Rose at the brand new Whataburger there.  Best WB meal I've had in some time, and they had the folks outside in the drive-thru line like CFA does.  Maybe took 7 minutes to get through and get piping hot food, and not a single mistake.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 8:30 AM, ztejas said:

Dan's is cheaper, better, and on my way home from work. 

I like P. Terry's better than WB and have for awhile now. 

I just don't really have a reason to eat at WB anymore. 

Having grown up two blocks from the original store in Corpus Christi where Harmon Dobson started WB, I couldn't agree more (sadly). When the cheese on a double double doesn't melt, it says forget about hot fresh and made to order. Many better options available these days in DFW which makes WB an afterthought.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:13 AM, gernblansten said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...