2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

At this point it might be time for a "Steve Guest is terrible at this job" thread. He's had at least 3-4 completely ham-fisted tweets in just the past week. 

Last week he accused Biden's Unity Task Force of plagiarizing ideas from Bernie's campaign, apparently not realizing that Bernie is the director of said task force.

It'll be hard to top the Beau Biden picture debacle, but if anyone can do it, Steve's your man.

Edited by Storm the Field

Obviously anecdotal, does anyone know a person, who didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and plans on voting for him in 2020?  Of 2016 Trump voters,  I know of several switching to Biden, 1 says they will write in.   I don't know of anyone who voted Hillary or GARY JOHNSON (allegedly) or just sat out 2016, that  is switching to Trump.

Im curious what the demographics are for someone, who didn't vote for Dotard 4 years ago, but after watching the last 3 years they are like, ya know what, I dig this guy and how he is running the country!   He has won my vote.

16 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Now that we’re hitting second gear, we may need a thread just for WH/Trump 2020 press aides getting dunked on...

Anyway, Hayseed Hogan Gidley gets his ass kicked by Keilar.

He got called out on Fox earlier too. 

Obviously anecdotal, does anyone know a person, who didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and plans on voting for him in 2020?  Of 2016 Trump voters,  I know of several switching to Biden, 1 says they will write in.   I don't know of anyone who voted Hillary or GARY JOHNSON (allegedly) or just sat out 2016, that  is switching to Trump.
Im curious what the demographics are for someone, who didn't vote for Dotard 4 years ago, but after watching the last 3 years they are like, ya know what, I dig this guy and how he is running the country!   He has won my vote.

I know one. He’s a full tilt Clay Travis/Ben Shapiro type of guy, so his 2016 vote for Hillary is far more confusing to me than his 2020 one.

I know one. He’s a full tilt Clay Travis/Ben Shapiro type of guy, so his 2016 vote for Hillary is far more confusing to me than his 2020 one.
Part of me thinks your friend just lied in 2016. But knowing he likes Clay Travis, it's also believable that he's just dumb enough to have watched Trump and thought, "well I wasn't sure but fuck it, I'm sold!"
  • Like 1

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/16/biden-cash-gap-trump-366773

Trump and his band of dingleberries are a bunch of morons. They have been screaming and crying about a man in his late 70’s staying home to avoid the coronavirus, but it turns out he’s actually been hard at work.

The advantage Trump has in money is nearly gone. The Biden campaign trails Trump by just $53 million in cash on hand. A few months ago, that gap was over $200 million.

Yes......Biden is hard at work. Trump and his campaign are clueless.

3 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Johnny Sack 

4 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Texags is full of stories like this.  They have to pump each other up with anecdotes because it’s all they have. 

I do remember a story on NPR a few months ago where they interviewed 2 or 3 people who had voted for Hillary and now said they support Trump. I was like WTF!!...total shock. It was in the midwest swing state area too as I recall. But who knows if that kind of voter exists now because this was pre-Covid.....back when I'd listen to radio on the way to my JOB that doesn't EXIST NOW  THANKS TRUMP

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

I don't know anything about polling science, but an interesting statistic would be the to collect who a respondent voted for in 2016 and who they plan to vote for in 2020.

It might help eliminate some of the "undecideds" as people who just don't vote . If they didn't vote in 2016 and are over 22 does that say something about their likelihood of voting in 2020.

I think a lot of people that get on a call with a pollster are like the people you saw on old Jay Leno Jaywalking segments.  They like the attention of having their opinion heard even if they can't tell you who the current Vice President is or who is the Democrat nominee without telling them.

31 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I don't know anything about polling science, but an interesting statistic would be the to collect who a respondent voted for in 2016 and who they plan to vote for in 2020.

A lot of polls do just that. 

For example, here's a PPP poll from June that asks that question: https://progresstexas.org/sites/default/files/June 2020 Progress Texas-PPP Poll.pdf

I want to say I read it's not that great of an indicator but can't remember where I read it - so take this with a grain of salt.

Edited by The Dog

Many polls do collect who respondants voted for previously - both for measuring change over time and ensuring integrity of the sample (if you polled Texas and got 60 percent Clinton voters, you know you fucked up).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Or the flip side- found Hillary palatable enough to vote for but said “the Biden guy is beyond the pale...”

320 million is a lot of people so I’m sure both those people exist, but not

in very large numbers. 

I bet the 2020 electoral map ends up looking like 2012, but with Trump winning Iowa, Ohio, and Florida.  That’s still too close for comfort (279-259) because it gives Trump the chance to focus on contesting a single state’s results as a path to winning, but it still likely gets the job done.  

52 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I bet the 2020 electoral map ends up looking like 2012, but with Trump winning Iowa, Ohio, and Florida.  That’s still too close for comfort (279-259) because it gives Trump the chance to focus on contesting a single state’s results as a path to winning, but it still likely gets the job done.  

That's also giving Trump North Carolina, Arizona, and Georgia, along with those other states he won't win. And Biden is still at 279. 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Looks like Lincoln Project is teaming up with RVAT to help flip Ohio back to blue.  They've just announced Operation Grant.

I like that first one a lot. Testimonials from real people tend to be powerful persuaders.

FAKE PEOPLE!!!!

CRISIS ACTORS!!!

HOAXERS!!!

Just getting the new talking points lined up for the intellectually lazy. Should I call Fox since Tucker is on vacation?

Seriously, the darts are making an impact. The more people throw them, the more coverage is spreading even into Trumplandia.

Yeah Biden needs to be like +30 in Florida before I allow myself to entertain the thought that he could win there. They can't be trusted.

I think people are understating Biden's chances in NC. The D governor is coasting to re-election. Cunningham, the Democratic candidate, has built a bit of separation in the Senate race. I think there's a very good chance Biden wins on their coattails and strong black turnout.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Here's your binder for the press briefing, Mrs. McEnany.

Um, excuse me. Where are the tabs for Hate, Absurd, and Lies?

Ah, my bad. Here they are. Can't forget those!

It's telling how many of those topics are defensive.  It's not like they want to bring up Golf, or Mueller, or Hogan.  

5 minutes ago, Tuco said:

It's telling how many of those topics are defensive.  It's not like they want to bring up Golf, or Mueller, or Hogan.  

If you look really carefully, the Mueller tab is misspelled with the U and the E reversed. I don't watch rarely watch any teevee news and certainly not the cable shows, so I can't be certain. But I bet she pronounces his name Mee-yooller.

• Like 1

I love that the Lincoln Project assholes are calling their Ohio campaign Operation Grant.  Seems like some Ohio voters could use a reminder of what side they were on in the Civil War.  Probably won't help to win anything but I hope they call their Georgia thing Operation Sherman.  

• Like 2

please. make it stop. somebody? I wanna get off this ride. I already got sick like 12 times. 

WHAT.THE.FUCK?????
Son, look at that photo. We're on the aggy roller coaster. It's July. You just wait until footba... er, election season.
  • Like 1