2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

46 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Well then you for sure don't want to go over Texags.  Took a brief tour over there a few minutes ago.  Trump landslide, Florida for Trump. and D voter suppression talk not going away. 

I've been popping over there out of sheer fascination.  It's truly remarkable.

One thing I'm seeing is a running tally on FLA votes.  Do they literally announce the voting as it comes in?  I thought no votes can be announced until polls close.  Exit polling sure, but not actual votes.  I know that's the case in CA.

edit- nm, was reading old posts.

Edited by Sbbruin

I've been popping over there out of sheer fascination.  It's truly remarkable.
One thing I'm seeing is a running tally on FLA votes.  Do they literally announce the voting as it comes in?  I thought no votes can be announced until polls close.  Exit polling sure, but not actual votes.  I know that's the case in CA.

edit- nm, was reading old posts.

F-L-A gonna F-L-A?

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

My wife just broke up a fight at the hill country galleria between a bunch of teenage looking kids wearing MAGA hats jumping another kid. She threatened to call the cops and they all ran off. 

its tough out here in the streets of Bee Cave...

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

My wife just broke up a fight at the hill country galleria between a bunch of teenage looking kids wearing MAGA hats jumping another kid. She threatened to call the cops and they all ran off. 

Mean streets of Bee Cave.

dammitt

Edited by Jiggy-Z
Slow on the draw
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

What you shouldn't be stressed about: Whether or not Joe wins.

What you should be stressed about: The almost certain possibility that Joe will do basically nothing.

I'm a Gen X'er and my all-time favorite TV show was essentially about "nothing." I can do nothing. I welcome nothing when the alternative is DOTARD.

vnEkXd3.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I saw a tweet that says as of an hour ago, Harris County was at 75k votes.  Does Harris break 70%?

Harris County 

Registered Early Voted Turnout % Votes Needed 11/3 Total Votes
16,960,991 9,718,648.00 57.30%    
    60.00% 457,946.76 10,176,594.76
    61.00% 627,556.67 10,346,204.67
    62.00% 797,166.59 10,515,814.59
    63.00% 966,776.50 10,685,424.50
    64.00% 1,136,386.41 10,855,034.41
    65.00% 1,305,996.33 11,024,644.33
    70.00% 2,154,045.89 11,872,693.89
    75.00% 3,002,095.45 12,720,743.45

1 minute ago, Storm the Field said:

Ed Rendell knows PA as well as anyone. He was sounding warning bells in 2016 and one of the guys cautioning that was Biden not as far ahead as some of the polls might make it seem. He seems quite pleased with what he's seeing in Philly and the surrounding burbs.

Yeah, and Casey is the other one who called 2016 and is bullish on Biden

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'm a Gen X'er and my all-time favorite TV show was essentially about "nothing." I can do nothing. I welcome nothing when the alternative is DOTARD.

For us older horns, “sometimes nothing is a pretty cool hand”

• Hook 'Em 4

My god, in what is easily the 3rd most populous county in the United States, a very high 60%'s turnout is looking incredibly possible.  Maybe even 70%.  In terms of gross numbers of voters, Harris could end up rivaling Cook County for raw votes.  Yeah, people fucking love Mike Pence, that's all I'm getting from these data sets.  

22 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What you shouldn't be stressed about: Whether or not Joe wins.

What you should be stressed about: The almost certain possibility that Joe will do basically nothing.

bt if you promise not to ruin my today i swear i will let you ruin my tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

My god, in what is easily the 3rd most populous county in the United States, a very high 60%'s turnout is looking incredibly possible.  Maybe even 70%.  In terms of gross numbers of voters, Harris could end up rivaling Cook County for raw votes.  Yeah, people fucking love Mike Pence, that's all I'm getting from these data sets.  

Agreed, Harris has done an incredible job with voting this cycle. Should be benchmark for how to run things in the future in a large county.

45 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Donald Trump is going to lose this election badly. No one needs to move goal posts.

Maybe, but that statement at least counts as tempering expectations.

I usually think the back and forth here is mostly in good fun, but I’m gonna step aside now. Y’all are like military veterans with PTSD. Sharing any Trump positive news feels like I’m setting off black cats behind you. 

• Fuck You 3

Just now, GRHorn said:

Maybe, but that statement at least counts as tempering expectations.

I usually think the back and forth here is mostly in good fun, but I’m gonna step aside now. Y’all are like military veterans with PTSD. Sharing any Trump positive news feels like I’m setting off black cats behind you. 

You are shitty at reading the room.  Then you blame the room. every.  goddamn.  time.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

This election has come down to one fundamental disagreement between voters. One side believes Trump is fundamentally unfit to be President. The other side either just doesn’t care or ignores/dismisses his behavior. That’s the conflict between voters.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Ed Rendell knows PA as well as anyone. He was sounding warning bells in 2016 and one of the guys cautioning that was Biden not as far ahead as some of the polls might make it seem. He seems quite pleased with what he's seeing in Philly and the surrounding burbs.

44,292 votes separated Clinton and Trump in 2016 in PA. 3rd party votes accounted for just over 3% of the total at 168,287 votes). If Biden has improved by 120,000 votes in the suburbs I'm feeling a lot more assured.