2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

I've heard they have more votes cast than registered voters in WI.

Could be bullshit... could be a problem.

I've heard that slorch gets his kicks by giving handies behind walmart.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

I don't think either of these things are true right now. Though the USPS possibly having 3k ballots at the Greensboro post office is interesting.

So the SOS for both states has confirmed this. The vote counts on their pages are accurate (enough) and the locations of the precincts for the uncounted and/or remaining ballots are 1) already heavily Dem 2) mail in for some so double wammy super heavy dem. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The Arizona Republic surveyed county recorders and estimates that 600,000 ballots remain to be counted in Arizona. A full 450,000 of those ballots are in Maricopa County (Phoenix) and break down as follows: 248,000 early ballots (which in Arizona includes both mail-in and in-person votes) that arrived on Monday or Tuesday, 160,000-180,000 mail-in ballots dropped off on Election Day and 29,000 provisional ballots. Maricopa expects to release two batches of results tonight: one at 9 p.m. Eastern and one sometime after 12:30 a.m. Eastern.

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

People that waited until Election Day to MAIL a ballot deserve to have their right to vote suspended for a decade. Highly irresponsible. 

If you don’t like the idea of Election Day Mail ballots, change the law.  That is a state legislative responsibility.  Individuals who follow state election laws deserve to have their ballots counted and will.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm from Corpus too, but left when I was 12. Many of my Mexican-American uncles and cousins were racist against black people, so BLM may also have turned them off. 

Don’t discount the after-effects of Beto’s loss in 2018. He revealed himself to be a gun grabber and stupidly for his sake stated that he wanted to confiscate assault rifles. I think that revelation has fostered enough distrust of Democrats other than known quantities like Henry Cuellar in South Texas.

Edited by Macklemore

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Honest question, asking you since you are an African American (I think?): What exactly should the democratic party do that it currently isn't doing, or do differently, that would increase black turnout and democratic votes?

Convince them that their vote matters. Deliver on some issues that affect the Black Community. When Black People feel motivated they will turn out like no other. See Obama.

7 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Folks, these are the dumbass cult followers this country is dealing with, right here.

Not a trumper, boy.

Could have just replied, "bullshit, " but ya can't.  It's who ya are.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s not. But a mere 8000 vote Biden lead with 80% of ballots in, in a state that wasn’t supposed to be competitive bodes incredibly well for Trump.

When uncounted votes are VBM and provisional and those are heavily weighted toward Biden?

54 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

So Wiscy doesn't certify until Dec. 1. I take it the recount takes place after that. This shit is going to drag on and on. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they don't certify it until all challenges are exhausted.  Certifying means it is done. 

30 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Not that it would have made a difference, but he should have come to Texas instead of Kamala. 

If it would not have made a difference, he definitely should have gone to Pennsylvania more. 

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

I've heard they have more votes cast than registered voters in WI.

There is a problem.  You repeated an absurd assertion on social media without verifying it first, despite the fact that it is really easy to verify.  That is a major problem in our society right now.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

The Arizona Republic surveyed county recorders and estimates that 600,000 ballots remain to be counted in Arizona. A full 450,000 of those ballots are in Maricopa County (Phoenix) and break down as follows: 248,000 early ballots (which in Arizona includes both mail-in and in-person votes) that arrived on Monday or Tuesday, 160,000-180,000 mail-in ballots dropped off on Election Day and 29,000 provisional ballots. Maricopa expects to release two batches of results tonight: one at 9 p.m. Eastern and one sometime after 12:30 a.m. Eastern.

Thanks for posting this. I was getting a little tired of people dismissing Trump in AZ. I'm still bullish on Biden, but I have to admit this information, which I'd seen elsewhere, gives me cause for concern. I fear Fox and the AP called the race with misinformation regarding what vote was still out there.

It's also important to note that we don't really have a good beat on how these "late early" votes will go. Election Day results skewed heavily R (62-37 in Maricopa), while early voting went for Biden. It's easy to argue there will be enough from each camp to more or less offset, but I don't think you can make that claim yet. If these late-deciding (or at least late acting) votes break for Trump, it's plenty easy to overcome a 90K vote deficit.

I'm more nervous about both AZ and NV than I was last night. I still think Biden is in the pole position in both states, and I feel better about Biden in Clark than I do in Maricopa, but both of these deserve watching.

6 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I've heard that elguapo sucks moose cock and swallows.  Swallows have such tiny cocks.

fun ain't it?

My initial comment wasn't meant to stir up shit.  Got dam some folks got their jimmies rustled.   "hey,  our disinformation tactic can't used on us!!!"

39 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Have we any good response on why the Latinos and Cuban-Americans voted the way they did in Miami?

My coworker is suggesting it has to do with the Cuba's living in a Dictatorship and the rights being taken away during the Pandemic were way to similar...

uh, desantis didn't lock down shit.

Just now, slorch said:

fun ain't it?

My initial comment wasn't meant to stir up shit.  Got dam some folks got their jimmies rustled.   "hey,  our disinformation tactic can't used on us!!!"

what was intended to do?  and why won't you answer the question i asked of where you heard it from?

While they're at it, ask them to find the Columbia House CD I am owed from 1991.  I believe it was "Razor's Edge" by AC/DC.  I sent my penny in, never got the album.  

10 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

29,000 out of 450,000 is a lower election day percentage (6.4%) than the votes already counted (10.0%), so it's likely that these 450,000 break to Biden by at least his current 52-46 margin there.  A net of approximately 27,000 for Biden. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, sidis said:

what was intended to do?  and why won't you answer the question i asked of where you heard it from?

Participate in the conversation?  see if others had heard it.  Hell, I've been posting in the thread semi-constructively all day.

Then all of sudden come the Trumper comments.  LOlz.

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

29,000 out of 450,000 is a lower election day percentage than the votes already counted, so it's likely that these 450,000 break to Biden by at least his current 52-46 margin there.  A net of approximately 27,000 for Biden. 

And he works for 538.  They are modern day alchemists.

Edited by kevwun

so then where

Just now, slorch said:

Participate in the conversation?  see if others had heard it.  Hell, I've been posting in the thread semi-constructively all day.

Then all of sudden come the Trumper comments.  LOlz.

so where did you hear it?

1 hour ago, Calihorn said:

A bunch of Democrats voted for Susan Collins, god fucking dammit.

1 hour ago, GopherRock said:

A bunch of Democrats also voted for Thom Tillis in NC. Fuck.

They are not Democrats.  They are Republican leaning voters that voted against Trump.

6 minutes ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

If true, this is real bad news for Biden in Georgia. He was running up the score in DeKalb.

Not sure that correlates with reporting.  Map shows 86% in for Dekalb, which means there are close to 50k votes that havent been reported there.  My guess is they were giving an update on how much counting they have left, not how many votes are left to report.  

Edited by TXSG8R
  • Hook 'Em 3