2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Looks like Kush isn't talking concession now:

https://www.axios.com/jared-kushner-trump-election-2a077b7d-6c55-4bad-97f7-ef8e7808a635.html

A source close to Jared Kushner said he has advised President Trump to pursue "legal remedies" to the election. A second source close to Kushner confirmed he had not advised Trump to concede.

Behind the scenes: The second source said some awkward conversations were happening in the president’s orbit and that almost everyone had by now accepted reality: that Trump has lost the election. But Trump is still insisting — falsely — that he won the election, and he has several advisers, including Rudy Giuliani, egging on what most in his orbit consider a futile legal fight.

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

The more we fuck with scripts/ drug industry, the more costs increase.

Healthcare industry?  same fucking thing.

Keep solving shit...LMAO.

So, let's just let anyone sell any dogshit drug they want to?

We left insurance to the states for 50 years and it was fucked.

What you are saying is either let the market sort it out or let the states deal with it.  That's absurd.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The help isn't helping.  It's about influencing where the money goes, and that's it.  We are not serious about real change.  

Edited by slorch

I continue to belief this is incredibly dangerous. I don't really see an exit for Trump and the Republicans pushing this BS. They're not going to wake up one morning and say "well, after looking into, there was no fraud." And they know they're lying. When was the last time half the country believed the president was illegitimate? Lincoln?

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What you are saying is either let the market sort it out or let the states deal with it.  That's absurd.

I would tell people that want it that way that Pavulon makes a good flu shot.

America (after watching 'the Irishman' and Election Week):  "Thank you Philadelphia!"  

Philly:  "Well, you know...we like to help when we can.  But someday we're gonna come to you.  And we're gonna ask you to repay this favor.  And you can't refuse."  

America:  "I've made a huge mistake."  

Kidding, joking, playing.  Watching footage of the all-night of the party in Philly this morning.  Great to see, horribly irresponsible due to Covid-19, but great for democracy.  

Fun fact-Of the 25 largest cities in the U.S., I've been to all but Seattle and Philadelphia.  But I'm taking my kids there in a couple years to see the history, particularly one long week in American in 2020.  The Liberty Bell where the crowds gathered, the County Hall where they certified the historic vote, the Wells Fargo Center where Gritty lives, make the quick drive down to Wilmington to see where Joe Biden made his acceptance speech (introduced by the first female VP in history---something my oldest daughter even at 5 can already tell is a really big dea).  And of course, the tour finale---the Four Seasons Total Landscaping and Manure Emporium of North Philly.  

Also.....in case you don't want to be constantly screamed at by juvenile, sore losers in Trumpkins.  Until I get a Total Landscaping shirt, I am showing my flag with my new Philadelphia Flyers cap.  the orange trim on it is literally the same color as Trump's face.  It couldn't be more perfect. Cry "Gritty" and let slip the Dogs of Victory.  

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

I appreciate Mitt's sentiment but that's like asking a toddler to take a graceful shit on the floor. 

For sure. It will have no impact of Trump's actions. But who comes forward from his party in the coming weeks will at least tell as who possesses some backbone and decency.

3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I hate Graham as much as trump

I almost hate him more.  Not quite, but only because Trump is so much more dangerous.

With Trump, we got what we knew we were getting.  He's true to his awful self.  With Ladybugs, we got a spineless hypocrite, two characteristics I find reprehensible in a man.  I mean, I hated Barry Switzer, but I'll be damned if the man wasn't true to himself on a day by day basis.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Esque said:

As I mentioned, I am not a fan of centralized government and the increasing allocation of power into the federal government.  I would rather have power allocated at the local and state levels, personally.  So this is all from my personal perspective, more than anything else.

Cool, I did the Libertarian thing for a long time.  And if Republicans around you find out that you voted for Jo Jorgensen, don't listen to them when they blame you for Trump losing - point out to them that you voted for an actual conservative, and not a party that pretends to be.

In a very serious twist of fate Sunday morning that could prove the simulation is attempting to close the loop on us, O.J. Simpson found a bundle of 7million discarded votes for Donald Trump from key states while golfing outside Las Vegas, Nevada.  And while at his golf course in Northern Virginia, Donald J. Trump found the killer of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman while relieving himself at the turn.  Two of the biggest crimes of the last 25 years have been solved...you're welcome America! 

Seriously though...who the fuck goes golfing during a coup?  But I'm telling you this is like Agent Kujan said in "the Usual Suspects", the guilty one knows he's caught, drops his guard, and gets some rest (and in this case, some leisure).  Makes perfect sense in a fucked up Trump-ian way.

I can't wait for the moment when Trump realizes he's done and drops all pretenses with Evangelicals. Then they will see just how snowed they were. Meanwhile, an actual church going, follower of Jesus is sworn in. You know, the person they want to demonize. 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

While Trump is golfing again, Biden is back in church, continuing his reconnaissance on how best to murder God. 

It is pretty amazing that he can’t even go and sit and fake it on Sunday.

You know, like we all did as kids.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Esque said:

I suppose I meant Republicans maintaining control of the Senate is a good thing in so far as they will be a check against policy that would otherwise not have wide sweeping approval.

If it was somebody else, I would somewhat agree, as long as they appeared to be acting in the best interests of America.  

The only problem is that Mitch's priority is not to help America as a whole - Mitch's priority is to do the bidding of his donors and lobbyists and try and fuck over the Democrats enough that he can regain/build on the power he had before.  What's worse is that it's not really ideology that drives him - he's going to obstruct, because he and his donors and lobbyists are assholes concerned only with their bank accounts.  

Hell, Mitch has even said those parts out loud - he publicly proclaims that he's there to keep Democrats from doing anything.  Shit, he laughs about it.

There's a line that, if he and the GOP cross it, there is a chance they lose the Senate in 2022, but he is going to do everything he can to ride that line and fuck over the Democrats, and prevent Biden from doing anything.  

The only good thing we have going for us, is that Biden and those around him know how to play that game.  For all of the other candidates thrown around, Biden was the correct choice to deal with a divided Congress.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I can't wait for the moment when Trump realizes he's done and drops all pretenses with Evangelicals. Then they will see just how snowed they were. Meanwhile, an actual church going, follower of Jesus is sworn in. You know, the person they want to demonize. 

LMFAO at them seeing the light.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

This has probably put a huge crimp in her lifestyle, and she probably can't wait to be done with it, even though she'll be stuck with a Secret Service detail for the rest of her marriage.  On the flip side, she's had a stable of lean and strong Secret Service agents handy.

26 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

I continue to belief this is incredibly dangerous. I don't really see an exit for Trump and the Republicans pushing this BS. They're not going to wake up one morning and say "well, after looking into, there was no fraud." And they know they're lying. When was the last time half the country believed the president was illegitimate? Lincoln?

I almost hope they keep this shit up - this could easily backfire against them, and they could be surprised in Georgia.

20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Lulz, Trump is golfing again today. Normal behavior for someone who thinks a coup has just taken place. 

Well, it is normal behavior for Trump.  Proclaim something, outsource everything, then go have some fun on someone else's dime, then come back and claim credit.