2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Voted Democrat for the first time in my life.  Had to get Trump out of there.

My only complaint is with the process.  The fact that ballots are still being counted three days after the election lends itself to the optic of fraud, even if there is none.  I'm going to have to listen to friends of mine for weeks scream about how every single state that was counted after election day went to Biden.  

I don't follow politics closely like many on here, and I think someone referenced that some states were not allowed to count early-voting ballots in advance, though I'm not sure why.

Either way, he's gone.  That's what matters.  

That was by design on the part of the PA GOP state legislature.  They had the power to allow the state to count mail in early.  They chose not to for this very reason.  

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

My only complaint is with the process.  The fact that ballots are still being counted three days after the election lends itself to the optic of fraud, even if there is none.  I'm going to have to listen to friends of mine for weeks scream about how every single state that was counted after election day went to Biden.  

I don't follow politics closely like many on here, and I think someone referenced that some states were not allowed to count early-voting ballots in advance, though I'm not sure why.

In states like PA, MI, and WI, their Republican legislatures pushed through new voting laws this summer that dictated that mail-in votes could not be counted and tabulated until Election Day.  The effort was a clear push to drag out the counting process because Ds vote disproportionately by mail and gives the Rs and Trump the ability to claim fraud (without evidence) as the votes are counted post-election day.

What they didn't expect is that more down ballot Rs won compared to Trump (R voters split their vote in many cases).  So, it blows up the fraud argument.  But they're still running with that anyway because *mad*.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

That was by design on the part of the PA GOP state legislature.  They had the power to allow the state to count mail in early.  They chose not to for this very reason.  

Ok thanks.  

Can you tell me about Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, etc... Why did it take so long this year?  

Sorry, I just don't follow this stuff that closely.  

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Basically, certain state legislatures refused to budge on state laws regarding the processing and counting of mail ballots. 

2 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I guess the next question is how many of that nature are there?

My guess was that it could be in the neighborhood of 75-100k. Could be less.

there are 500k outstanding ballots split 3/2 D/R.

Most of those would have been struck when people went to the polls and cast provisional ballots. 

Which is another big chuck of votes. There might be more than 100k provisional ballots out there. I think some of the smaller counties that finished their count early already counted their provisional ballots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

In states like PA, MI, and WI, their Republican legislatures pushed through new voting laws this summer that dictated that mail-in votes could not be counted and tabulated until Election Day.  The effort was a clear push to drag out the counting process because Ds vote disproportionately by mail and gives the Rs and Trump the ability to claim fraud (without evidence) as the votes are counted post-election day.

What they didn't expect is that more down ballot Rs won compared to Trump (R voters split their vote in many cases).  So, it blows up the fraud argument.  But they're still running with that anyway because *mad*.

Thanks for the explanation.

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

If Biden isn't played off stage by Eye of the Tiger after his victory speech it will be a wasted opportunity

Fuck it, he should drive his Trans-Am to the top of the stairs at Philly Museum of Art.  Chug a tall boy, crush the can on the Rocky Statue and cry "Victory!"  

2 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

I feel like the guy washing himself off in the creek in the shawshank redemption

'That guy' is motherfucking Andy Dufresne.  He crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side.  Put some respect on his name.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Ghost of Shag said:

Ok thanks.  

Can you tell me about Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, etc... Why did it take so long this year?  

Sorry, I just don't follow this stuff that closely.  

I think generally because of larger mail in this year.  Not sure of those specifics but have been reading about PA specifically because of its implication.

7 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

27k to 3k   Trump lawyers are lining up already

I'm sure it's been explained 100 times already, but why were Trump voters SO much more adamant about voting in person? Mailing seems so much more convenient in most places.

It can't just be the scared of fraud thing. I know plenty of Trump voters who don't buy into his bullshit conspiracy theories.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

We've always counted ballots for this long dipshit.  Check how many votes are still out in Texas.  OMG GOP VOTER FRAUD!

Fuck your stupid ass friends too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Two things, both of which you probably know.

1. Ballots are still being counted in many states, as they always are. These are just the close ones (and of course, Trump is chipping away at Joe's lead in Arizona). 

2. Many states tried to rectify this issue in advance, but Republicans refused to allow mail in ballots to be counted before election day/polls closed. They wanted this chaos; they knew they had no legitimate way to win. This isn't a hyperbole, you can read about Pennsylvania, for example, here.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I'm sure it's been explained 100 times already, but why were Trump voters SO much more adamant about voting in person? Mailing seems so much more convenient in most places.

It can't just be the scared of fraud thing. I know plenty of Trump voters who don't buy into his bullshit conspiracy theories.

Republicans historically have always been 'Election Day Voters' and that behavior continued - but that behavior was accelerated by Trump bullshit about fraud and COVID deniers.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Because Trump told them to, multiple times.

Just now, Ghost of Shag said:

Moving forward, will there be measures put in place to keep this kind of thing from dragging out again?  Is that up to each state?  Seems there should be some uniformity.

Constitutionally, it IS up to each state to determine how they will send their electors to the EC. Also, fuck the electoral college. 

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Because voting in person would be displeasing the trump.  he does not like it

1 minute ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Two things, both of which you probably know.

1. Ballots are still being counted in many states, as they always are. These are just the close ones (and of course, Trump is chipping away at Joe's lead in Arizona). 

2. Many states tried to rectify this issue in advance, but Republicans refused to allow mail in ballots to be counted before election day/polls closed. They wanted this chaos; they knew they had no legitimate way to win. This isn't a hyperbole, you can read about Pennsylvania, for example, here.  

Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Moving forward, will there be measures put in place to keep this kind of thing from dragging out again?  Is that up to each state?  Seems there should be some uniformity.

A lot of states are still counting.  These are just the closest.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

A couple of things: 

1. There are other states that our still counting, but they aren't close, so nobody is paying attention. Arkansas is currently at 93%, South Carolina 94%, California at 66%, etc..  

2. The GOP blocked efforts to start counting mail-in ballots prior to polls closing.  If they had counted them prior to the Tuesday, we would have known the results on Wed morning. 

Edited by Tuco
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Most states are still counting ballots even the called ones.  We just focused on the ones that are too close to call.  If those states weren't close at all and were called on election night or the day after, they'd still be counting ballots today.