2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

The truth about elections is that when they are “called” on most election nights, it’s not because they have counted most of the ballots, but rather then know what’s been counted, what’s outstanding, and know from the registration and previous election how people vote, so they have a good idea of where it’s gonna end up.  So all the states are still counting, it’s just that most people don’t follow it because it’s not going to change anything.

Also the mail thing is slowing everything down because they have to run them through the scantron instead of computer tabulation. 

Yep.  Most of the states get called long before there's any statistically significant votes counted.  Like Alabama when the polls closed. They didn't need to see anything there. California same on the other end.

Most err'one is still counting, it's just that no one gives a shit.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:

So how long does Trump keep up this fraud charade? What does that mean for a peaceful transition of power? I mean, what are the transit teams going to walk into? It's going to be a huge mess 

Forever, Trump cannot admit defeat, he's a narcissist literally incapable of it. He will blame cheating, Libertarians, and everybody but himself for losing.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
14 minutes ago, seven said:
Dedicating the first line tonight in honor of Hunter Biden's laptop from hell 

I'd find it hallarious when Hunter is back in town for the inauguration that he swings by that computer repair shop to pick up his laptop.

That'd be like Omar going back to Prop Joe's and picking up his clock.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Ok thanks.  

Can you tell me about Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, etc... Why did it take so long this year?  

Sorry, I just don't follow this stuff that closely.  

They always take a long time. Other states are still counting too. Other states just aren’t that close and the split of mail/in-person is so heavily weighted by partisan affiliation.

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

The truth about elections is that when they are “called” on most election nights, it’s not because they have counted most of the ballots, but rather then know what’s been counted, what’s outstanding, and know from the registration and previous election how people vote, so they have a good idea of where it’s gonna end up.  So all the states are still counting, it’s just that most people don’t follow it because it’s not going to change anything.

the truth about PA is they’ve known since about midnight on Tuesday/Wednesday morning it was going to be Democrat, because Trump underperformed in the rural areas and there were a fuck ton of ballots from Philadelphia, which is navy blue.

Also the mail thing is slowing everything down because they have to run them through the scantron instead of computer tabulation. 

I’m not sure about Pennsylvania, but I saw a tweet thread from a Dem election observer in Michigan who said that the GOP observers started freaking out when they realized Trump was down and started challenging every single ballot just to slow shit down. I imagine Pennsylvania saw similar behavior.

yeah, he's gonna lash out and fire folks like Fauci, Birx, et. al.  Blaming them for the pandemic woes that may have cost him this election in places like Arizona.  But they'll all hand off a jump drive to their subordinates like Tucci in "Margin Call", spend some time relaxing, watch the data from home, and then come back guns blazing in January under Diamond Joe. 

And careful on the LP blame, Mr. Trump.  And you Democrats owe us lifelong LP members a drink.  Those votes in Wisconsin and Nevada were the difference makers.  

Edited by Lobo

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Sorry I don't follow politics as closely as you.

7 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Two things, both of which you probably know.

1. Ballots are still being counted in many states, as they always are. These are just the close ones (and of course, Trump is chipping away at Joe's lead in Arizona). 

2. Many states tried to rectify this issue in advance, but Republicans refused to allow mail in ballots to be counted before election day/polls closed. They wanted this chaos; they knew they had no legitimate way to win. This isn't a hyperbole, you can read about Pennsylvania, for example, here.  

This year is a bit of a firestorm, and there was/were some deliberate wrenches thrown in the machine which makes it a little confusing. Not everyone follows politics down to the minutiae @Ghost of Shag you're right--but I would urge you prior to voting in your next local/state/national election to take a gander at your state's election website for a couple of minutes.

Most election officials try and create a fair, nonpartisan, information based platform to assist voters with the election process. For example, many this year were trying to get the word out about the counting that continues long after people have changed the channel, but it was drowned out by the misinformation coming out of the WH. Tbh, I use the county election site in my city for the sample ballots that list the candidates and propositions so that when I go into vote it only takes me a minute since I have a crib sheet. It's just a suggestion, but it is a way to be abreast of politics w/o devoting a lot of time to it, especially if you have a limited amount to keep up with the constant barrage of info. With football being in the toilet this year, some of us have taken our energies and put them into watching the election.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

So how long does Trump keep up this fraud charade? What does that mean for a peaceful transition of power? I mean, what are the transit teams going to walk into? It's going to be a huge mess 

Its completely on brand for him to just burn shit down behind him.  He will refuse to participate in the transition, probably outright skip the inauguration.  He will shit on all norms and civilities because that's who he is.  A spoiled child that has been surrounded by sycophants and cultists.  Prepare for a 2 month tantrum.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

yeah, he's gonna lash out and fire folks like Fauci, Birx, et. al.  Blaming them for the pandemic woes that may have cost him this election in places like Arizona.  But they'll all hand off a jump drive to their subordinates like Tucci in "Margin Call", spend some time relaxing, watch the data from home, and then come back guns blazing in January under Diamond Joe. 

It won’t matter.  It will be even more embarrassing when Biden re-hires them.  

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Its completely on brand for him to just burn shit down behind him.  He will refuse to participate in the transition, probably outright skip the inauguration.  He will shit on all norms and civilities because that's who he is.  A spoiled child that has been surrounded by sycophants and cultists.  Prepare for a 2 month tantrum.  

At least we don't have to worry about the Pandemic Binder.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FOXHOUND said:

I'm worried about what that asshole might do in the next two months. A part of me wishes that he would just resign in shame and walk out of the WH right now. 

As someone said pages ago, he's going to go hide out at maralago and bilk the taxpayers out of 2.5 more months of lodging fees for his party and the SS

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Yep, the power is gone. Now we get to see two months of pathetic flailing. Which well be combinations of sad, pathetic, and hilarious. Depending. 

For the good of the country all networks need to ignore him completely, like complete radio/tv silence.  Twitter folks need never mention his name again.

Just move on, move past... he'll get his in due time.

Take away the one thing he craves more than anything - attention.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

For the good of the country all networks need to ignore him completely, like complete radio/tv silence.  Twitter folks need never mention his name again.

Just move on, move past... he'll get his in due time.

Take away the one thing he craves more than anything - attention.

He goes back to normal person after 1/21 on twitter. The chances of him not breaking policy and getting banned are slim

Speaking of still counting, apparently California by itself, with just 2/3 of the vote counted, accounts for Biden’s national 4 million popular vote lead over Trump. I cannot overstate just how much he is loathed by most people here, and that’s why it’s shocking to see how close this election was for those of us out West.

image.thumb.jpeg.3897d74078d55ecbd6d47424b4fac297.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

As someone said pages ago, he's going to go hide out at maralago and bilk the taxpayers out of 2.5 more months of lodging fees for his party and the SS

This is 100% correct.  The staff left behind will just be in record destruction mode right up until 1/20, when all the Pardons go out and the. Biden is sworn in. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Texaggy is fucking glorious right now. Fuck, I hope muschamp can pull off a win this weekend. Perfect storm.

I wish you wouldn't have told me that.  Dammit.  I was planning on getting some work done today, but Aggie tears are too tasty with which to garnish a bourbon.  

7 minutes ago, FOXHOUND said:

I'm worried about what that asshole might do in the next two months. A part of me wishes that he would just resign in shame and walk out of the WH right now. 

I've always thought there's a chance of this.  One last bit of Trump fuckery that will be in our history forever, Mike Pence will forever be the 46th President but for only 2 weeks. For the rest of eternity, it'll be ....Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, Trump, Pence*(for 2 weeks after Trump resigned and before Biden inauguration), Biden, Harris, Porter, etc...