2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is an important point that is not considered by enough people. The federal government would almost certainly claim control over a national popular vote.

This kind of encapsulates the "true liberal' vs. "true conservative" debates.

Guys like Bateshorn show no deference to the founding fathers in no small part because of the taint of slavery and the politics that influenced almost everything they did.  I can't much argue with that.

But, I am hestitant to make a big wholesale change and give the fathers some credit for doing things the way they did.  You are the same way.

Not saying Bates is wrong, just counseling cuidado, amigos.

Georgia Update: SOS

4169 outstanding ballots to be counted

Cherokee - 150 ballots

Cobb - 75

Floyd - 444

Gwinnett - 3500

8800 military that may or may not have been sent on time. 

Margin is small enough that there will be a recount in Georgia. 

Edited by Neonmoon

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

He wasn't who I initially supported.  I supported Harris.  But in retrospect, I don't think Harris wins.

And damned if I didn't come around to really supporting Biden somewhere along the way.  I think he will actually be a good president.

You and me both

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

i don't believe you anchorman GIF

Gary Johnson mode enabled.  This is what we'll hear from the shitbags that licked the boots of the Cheeto for the past four years.  

"I didn't fully support him."

"I don't even really know what his policy positions were."

"I was really against Cheeto, I just didn't make a big deal about it"

"I thought he was wrong on a number of issues, I just didn't tell the whole world like you."  aka the Cornyn defense.

"Who is that guy?" Deployed when there's a discussion about Pence, Barr, Guiliani, Carlson, Hannity, Rush, etc.

All, of course, accompanied by a sniveling whataboutism to try and make the other person in the conversation look like the fool.  The tells and tendencies are known, nobody on this board believes the bullshit train Trump supporters will desperately try and ride. This is a low, low point in American democracy.  If you were on the wrong side, you must wear that Orange T for eternity. This was a push for American fascism, buttressed with domestic terrorism. There is no excuse.

You can also believe that I never lived in Denton, or Texas, and don't live in Portland now, and I'm not going to stop you from doing that. 

59 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Electoral College preserves the separation of the states' power and protects the citizens' vote from Federal influence.  With no electoral college, we would run the risk of a single court ruling halting all vote counts.  State by state control creates an avalanche that cheeto and friends are unable to combat.

The EC is in the Constitution, which cheeto also used to wipe his ass with all summer when he gassed & arrested those using their Constitutional right to protest.  The Constitution is going to kick his ass out of office.

Uh, the electoral college is the system that installed Trump in the first place and caused catastrophic damage.  Seems like a major oversight on your part. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Drove past one of the many Trump signs out here in rural Texas this morning on someone's fence and his neighbor a few feet away had hung some 3 foot tall cut out letters on his fence that just spelled BOOYA!

And you didn’t take a pic?! That’s meme material 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just got out of a morning web meeting. I never know where to join this thread as it moves so fast but has something funny or interesting on every page. Hugo's post is a nice place to start today. I'm getting giddy.

Is it good or bad for our livers that this news will break with two consecutive nights and three consecutive days to celebrate?

My friends, despite what the closeness says about the USA, I will not dismiss the pleasure of kicking this fat, lying, loser fuck's ass out the front back door of the White House. If I get shot in the aftermath, so be it. I just hope I have my mother's .38 in my hand when it happens.

Thanks BLM and the other splendid leaders of color for balancing out (plus) the detritus that is the same color I am. 

Hook 'Em!

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Uh, the electoral college is the system that installed Trump in the first place and caused catastrophic damage.  Seems like a major oversight on your part. 

PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT POLITICS THIS THREAD IS FOR GRITTY MEMES AND SHITTING ON TRUMP ONLY

Thank you.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Georgia Update: SOS

4169 outstanding ballots to be counted

Cherokee - 150 ballots

Cobb - 75

Floyd - 444

Gwinnett - 3500

8800 military that may or may not have been sent on time. 

Margin is small enough that there will be a recount in Georgia. 

Gwinnett is an almost 60% Biden county.  He's going to gain a couple thousand in that county.

Floyd is a Trump 70% county - so he should net a couple hundred in that county.

2 minutes ago, landman said:

I don't want people in California deciding what is best for me in Texas.  

As Texans, we're under-represented in many of the same ways as California.

Wyoming v. California:  

California has roughly 70 times the population of Wyoming yet each have 2 Senators. Electoral college, Wyoming has 3 votes. California has 55.  Wyoming has 18x the representation of California per capita.  

Texas v. Wyoming:  

Texas has just under 30 million people and same number of Senators as Wyoming, that's Wyoming repped over 50 times Texans in the Senate.  Electoral College, Wyoming people are represented over 12 times more per capita.  

I want everyone to be represented equally and will let the chips fall where they may.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I agree with you, but we're not ditching the EC, probably forever.  What needs to be amended is perhaps adding proportional electors to the winner of the PV.  That's not happening for awhile either, but it might if keep having winners like Bush in 2000 and Trump in 2016.

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Narrator: He is not a good dude. 

After the last few years, I guess not being completely atrocious, childish, and insane is the standard for GOP politicians. And that's fair.

Edited by Bevo14

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What if we kept the electoral college and passed a law that gave every citizen one electoral vote? 

But seriously, why can’t we do this? Keep the decentralization of the elections by the states but produce the same outcome as the popular vote. Best of both worlds? 

2 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

You know, I despised Rick Santorum years ago when he was running for president, but after watching him these past few days I must say, politics aside he seems like a pretty good dude.  

He still gives me the heebies a little bit but he's a bright guy with encyclopedic and acute knowledge of demos and political geography. 

2 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Santorum finally says something that doesn't make me want to strangle him.

Santorum is a shithead of magnificent proportions.  I turn-off CNN when they have him/Axelrod/Borger/Jones/Cooper on.  Just because of him and Van Jones also irritates the shit out of me.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

In states like PA, MI, and WI, their Republican legislatures pushed through new voting laws this summer that dictated that mail-in votes could not be counted and tabulated until Election Day.  The effort was a clear push to drag out the counting process because Ds vote disproportionately by mail and gives the Rs and Trump the ability to claim fraud (without evidence) as the votes are counted post-election day.

What they didn't expect is that more down ballot Rs won compared to Trump (R voters split their vote in many cases).  So, it blows up the fraud argument.  But they're still running with that anyway because *mad*.

Trump and R's call fraud with mere speculation and lies. The cult immediately and unquestioningly start talking about "obvious fraud" and the election "obviously being stolen" without a shred of evidence. It's reality. It's Texags World. 

It's also full proof as the cult won't believe any other source of information no matter how unanimous and persistent they are in establishing that there is no evidence of fraud in the vote count.

Their hate engine is rattling on the tracks at unsafe speeds.