2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

But seriously, why can’t we do this? Keep the decentralization of the elections by the states but produce the same outcome as the popular vote. Best of both worlds? 

The real, practical solution is to move the states to proportional electoral votes.  

Every state that is D controlled should do it now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

Santorum is a shithead of magnificent proportions.  I turn-off CNN when they have him/Axelrod/Borger/Jones/Cooper on.  Just because of him and Van Jones also irritates the shit out of me.

I mute the discussion desk every time they're on. I also mute Wolf when he won't shut up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Ralston's reaction:

If Trump thinks some magic batch of Military Servicemen & Servicewomen ballots are gonna come back and save Nevada for him,

he's a "Sucker"...and he should accept his fate as a "Loser."  

Very appropriate Mr. President.  Welcome to our 2020 nightmare.  

I think the immortal words of John Hughes should give you some cold comfort (spoken through Steve Martin & Edie McClurg)

"Oh-Boy."

"Oh-Boy, What?"

"Oh-Boy...You're Fucked!" 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Totally OT, but why the FUCK do all the district courts in the Ninth Circuit require the stupid-ass line numbering?

That has ground my gears forever.

Probably need bluebacks, too.

Because that is what california state courts do.

Btw, for being such a progressive state, california's legal system is absurdly fucked. Not like bad law, just way overly complicated to do anything. Just a pain in the ass all the way around. 

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The real, practical solution is to move the states to proportional electoral votes.  

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but if this were the case now would we ushering in the next 4 years of DOTARD?  If only D states do it that just gives the Rs extra votes in the EC.

23 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

I like it but Boockvar is still pending before SCOTUS and it looks much meatier than the other challenges.

I don't know enough about the case to make a prediction either way if the Court hears it, but looking at the petition for a writ, the issue is whether PA can count the ballots that arrive 3 days after election day as long as they are postmarked for election day. Unless those ballots were identified and separated before counting, what relief can be granted there? A response to the petition is due by Nov. 25. I think if GA, NV, and AZ hold, petition will be denied due to being moot. Bush v. Gore was very clear and this PA case probably can't really add to the precedent.

i look forward to the absolute shit show of the next 2 months.

1) trump will tell his supporters until Jan 21 that he thinks things will be reversed.  he's hearing a lot of good things.  He expects within 2 weeks an order will come down.  a lot of good things.

2) firings of about two dozen people in the administration that are totally responsible for this catastrophe. very bad.  very bad.  believe me.

3) probably pardons, but maybe not.  

4) griftapalooza turned up to 11.  

5) nonstop messaging for his base so that he can still have influence over them after he leaves office.  they are going to be his single most valuable asset from here on out.  can be exploited directly in buying whatever merchandise, or straight up just handing him money because whatever.  can be sold to the highest bidder who wants his endorsement 2 years from now.  can be messaged to believe Don Jr. is the savior next cycle.

Fuck Soccer Moms and Nascar Dads.

This is the election of Gritty Black Grandmas.  I read somewhere during early voting that black women over 65 had turned out in record numbers, more than any other demographic in Georgia.  Plus Gritty for Philadelphia. 

Edited by Bojack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:

I don't know enough about the case to make a prediction either way if the Court hears it, but looking at the petition for a writ, the issue is whether PA can count the ballots that arrive 3 days after election day as long as they are postmarked for election day. Unless those ballots were identified and separated before counting, what relief can be granted there? A response to the petition is due by Nov. 25. I think if GA, NV, and AZ hold, petition will be denied due to being moot. Bush v. Gore was very clear and this PA case probably can't really add to the precedent.

they'd still affect down ballot races

1 minute ago, Zonahorn said:

Lessons well learned by the Biden team.

For what it's worth, I will still give credit to Bloomberg for attacking Trump in Florida, causing him to divert resources to Florida, even though in the end, it wasn't really in play.  

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

I'll take this opportunity to eat crow, y'all were right in the primary. Biden was the candidate we needed to beat Trump.

While I think there were probably a handful of candidates that could have done it, Biden was probably the safest choice. I voted for the guy, but I would have voted for just about anybody over Trump. Truth be told, Biden has never really impressed me and its beyond stupid that we are electing a man who will be in his 80's at the end of his term. Whatever, my primary concern was getting cheeto out of office. But that was just the first of many challenges this country will face. Hopefully the Dems can miraculously salvage a 50 50 Senate balance so that they can get some shit done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Dems would never win if they did that by themselves.  They'd be giving away CA and NY ECs for nothing.  If we have to keep ECs, they should get rid of the extra 2 (Senator) ECs entirely.  At least make this charade have some semblance of fairness.

But the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact is better anyway.  But you need states totaling 270 ECs to sign up.  So far, states with a potential 196 ECs have signed up so far.  It will never happen either though.  Red states won't sign up, and purple states love the money and attention of being swing states so they won't sign up either.

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

While I think there were probably a handful of candidates that could have done it, Biden was probably the safest choice. I voted for the guy, but I would have voted for just about anybody over Trump. Truth be told, Biden has never really impressed me and its beyond stupid that we are electing a man who will be in his 80's at the end of his term. Whatever, my primary concern was getting cheeto out of office. But that was just the first of many challenges this country will face. Hopefully the Dems can miraculously salvage a 50 50 Senate balance so that they can get some shit done. 

no point relitigating it now, but the "impress me" part was not the point.  it was that he neuters trump's best weapon: juvenile name calling that sticks with the dumbs.  too long of a record of milquetoast to be able to be cast as anything else.  we needed the vote to only be about trump, and it was.

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Because that is what california state courts do.

Btw, for being such a progressive state, california's legal system is absurdly fucked. Not like bad law, just way overly complicated to do anything. Just a pain in the ass all the way around. 

Their codes and organization of statutes is FUBAR, also.