2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i look forward to the absolute shit show of the next 2 months.

1) trump will tell his supporters until Jan 21 that he thinks things will be reversed.  he's hearing a lot of good things.  He expects within 2 weeks an order will come down.  a lot of good things.

2) firings of about two dozen people in the administration that are totally responsible for this catastrophe. very bad.  very bad.  believe me.

3) probably pardons, but maybe not.  

4) griftapalooza turned up to 11.  

5) nonstop messaging for his base so that he can still have influence over them after he leaves office.  they are going to be his single most valuable asset from here on out.  can be exploited directly in buying whatever merchandise, or straight up just handing him money because whatever.  can be sold to the highest bidder who wants his endorsement 2 years from now.  can be messaged to believe Don Jr. is the savior next cycle.

Let's be honest.  His biggest loss is not being able to sell the DC hotel now.  Buyer just disappeared like:

poof_usual_suspects.gif

10 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I don't know enough about the case to make a prediction either way if the Court hears it, but looking at the petition for a writ, the issue is whether PA can count the ballots that arrive 3 days after election day as long as they are postmarked for election day. Unless those ballots were identified and separated before counting, what relief can be granted there? A response to the petition is due by Nov. 25. I think if GA, NV, and AZ hold, petition will be denied due to being moot. Bush v. Gore was very clear and this PA case probably can't really add to the precedent.

PA has separated and not counted the ballots in question.  Apparently it’s a minimal amount maybe a few thousand, at the extreme. NPR had a blurb on it tomorrow.  Even if the court were to go all in on that case, it will have zero impact. 

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is a really, really important and clear distinction to shove back in Trumpkins' faces.  2016 was a HUGE, LANDSLIDE win, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT......yet here, with even larger margins, where you'd have to find, literally, 6 figures of fraudulent votes......its fake news.

Shut.  The fuck.  UP.  Here's the alternate explanation:

70 milion+ people voted for Joe Biden because they are sick and fucking tired of the goddamned narcissist clown you morons worship as a God.  It was appalling to me that 63 million of you fuckers voted for him in 2016, but you did.  And I live in a world where that is a reality.  Time for you to take up residence in Reality World as well.  Come on out, the ledge is fine.

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

You earned a fuck you for that.  Keep gritty.

Agreed.  Gritty stays.  Mountains crumble.  Empires fall.  Gritty remains.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Fuck it, I'll call it. I hereby declare that I am a legit poll-caller-person and that Arizona has gone for Biden. @immamac, put that shit blue up top.

See the source image

And we legalized weed, and we increased public school funding by raising taxes on the rich, AND WE ELECTED MARK KELLY.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Nope, Biden will hang on by the skin of his teeth. And Mark Kelly's race is not in question.

I think it might be even a little better than that. 20k or so win. I think the margins tail off for Trump with the later  dumps.

3 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Nope, Biden will hang on by the skin of his teeth. And Mark Kelly's race is not in question.

9 minutes ago	Biden	43,569	247,245	61,789	Biden 47.2% / 52.8% Trump	Trump is averaging 52.8%	Trump needs 58.09% [1.184%]
11 hours ago	Biden	47,052	309,034	5,713	Biden 53.4% / 46.6% Trump	Trump is averaging 54.1%	Trump needs 56.90% [0.198%]
13 hours ago	Biden	46,667	314,747	1,180	Biden 67.4% / 32.6% Trump	Trump is averaging 56.1%	Trump needs 56.71% [0.093%]
14 hours ago	Biden	46,257	315,927	75,314	Biden 43.0% / 57.0% Trump	Trump is averaging 57.0%	Trump needs 56.61% [0.053%]
14 hours ago	Biden	56,833	391,241	0	N/A				Trump is averaging 51.7%	Trump needs 56.56% [-0.293%]

Pace has been falling off steadily.  

53 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Good analysis.

This is where Trump's governmental and general incompetence is finally biting him in the ass.

In litigation between private parties over a contract or some such, you'd be surprised how well incompetent bluster works.  The whole Trump MO of flooding the channel with BS can delay and postpone the final reckoning for an indeterminate amount of time.  And all along, the opposing party is spending attorneys fees and time and getting increasingly frustrated.  This whole scenario can work in a person like Trump's favor, driving his opponent to a settlement just so s/he can unstick himself from the Trump tar baby.

Any litigator on here will confirm.

But this kind of stuff, where you actually have to have a cogent legal position, credible evidence, and decent attorneys and not just blowhard assholes, has never worked for Trump and isn't about to start now.

Also, I have a certain faith in the judiciary.  Yes, a partisan judge might indulge partisanship when presented with a close call and little or no other basis for decision.  But you have to give them a close call.  Trumpco is not good at that.

It never dawned on me, but that is exactly what he is doing. Flood the zone and overwhelm the other party with legal fees and continuous responses to motions. If it's frivolous, who cares? You'll just end up in a conference room and finish it there. There is no flooding the zone in this case, though. You can't force a State to the conference table to give you what you want. You have to fight it out to the bitter end and to do that, you need to shore up your position as best you can before you engage. I'm just surprised that the attorneys of Republican PACs who are seasoned in this type of litigation jump out there and slow Trump's roll. Just look at Ted Cruz. He clerked for a Supreme Court Chief Justice and played a large role in Bush v. Gore. Did he even make a phone call to a Trump legal team? The possible silence from Cruz here would be insanely interesting for a political historian to dig into a decade from now.

Just now, TXSG8R said:

9 minutes ago	Biden	43,569	247,245	61,789	Biden 47.2% / 52.8% Trump	Trump is averaging 52.8%	Trump needs 58.09% [1.184%]
11 hours ago	Biden	47,052	309,034	5,713	Biden 53.4% / 46.6% Trump	Trump is averaging 54.1%	Trump needs 56.90% [0.198%]
13 hours ago	Biden	46,667	314,747	1,180	Biden 67.4% / 32.6% Trump	Trump is averaging 56.1%	Trump needs 56.71% [0.093%]
14 hours ago	Biden	46,257	315,927	75,314	Biden 43.0% / 57.0% Trump	Trump is averaging 57.0%	Trump needs 56.61% [0.053%]
14 hours ago	Biden	56,833	391,241	0	N/A				Trump is averaging 51.7%	Trump needs 56.56% [-0.293%]

Pace has been falling off steadily.  

The last of the basically E-day vote (mail in ballots that got dropped off closer to election day) is done for DOTARD in Maricopa, we fucking got this.

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:

It never dawned on me, but that is exactly what he is doing. Flood the zone and overwhelm the other party with legal fees and continuous responses to motions. If it's frivolous, who cares? You'll just end up in a conference room and finish it there. There is no flooding the zone in this case, though. You can't force a State to the conference table to give you what you want. You have to fight it out to the bitter end and to do that, you need to shore up your position as best you can before you engage. I'm just surprised that the attorneys of Republican PACs who are seasoned in this type of litigation jump out there and slow Trump's roll. Just look at Ted Cruz. He clerked for a Supreme Court Chief Justice and played a large role in Bush v. Gore. Did he even make a phone call to a Trump legal team? The possible silence from Cruz here would be insanely interesting for a political historian to dig into a decade from now.

I mean, he hasn't been that silent. He stoked plenty of conspiracy bullshit last night on Hannity. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

I asked it yesterday, but 306 or 321?  Is there any indication of how many votes are outstanding in NC and from which counties?  NYT is showing estimated 5% votes out.  If that's the case and they go like mail-ins in most other states, I think Biden could close the 1.4% gap.  That would only require a 65/35 split..

Edited by WBT

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, he hasn't been that silent. He stoked plenty of oncpiracy bullshit last night on Hannity. 

Well, sure, but that doesn't do anything to help Trump in the courts. Cruz has a legit legal resume and doesn't seem to be offering any opinions on the matters in the courts. Both Graham and McConnell were both attorneys and don't seem to be offering any opinions on the legal challenges, either. There are legit legal eagles that the Rs can tap into but we haven't really heard any of them stepping up to the plate.

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The real, practical solution is to move the states to proportional electoral votes.  

Every state that is D controlled should do it now.

Uh, no. That would send all future elections to the Republicans, since those states would not change.

3 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Just look at Ted Cruz. He clerked for a Supreme Court Chief Justice and played a large role in Bush v. Gore. Did he even make a phone call to a Trump legal team? The possible silence from Cruz here would be insanely interesting for a political historian to dig into a decade from now.

1.  I don't think Ted Cruz has been silent.  He was discussing with Hannity yesterday all the "illegal" election activity going on in Pennsylvania.  He's joined the other Republican's in their allegations that this election is rigged.

2.  Ted Cruz is a piece of shit.