2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Fox guy is talking about when votes were received even though Pennsylvania is only counting votes received up to Election Day lmao. 

The Fox guy in Philly straight up called Trump out as a liar though ...

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Moving forward, will there be measures put in place to keep this kind of thing from dragging out again?  Is that up to each state?  Seems there should be some uniformity.

Good news is next time around, there won't be nearly this much volume of mail-in ballots to keep receiving and counting for days after Election Day because there hopefully won't be a pandemic that necessitated so many people to vote by mail.  Also, not you...but Trumpers need to understand that the manpower required to receive and process this many votes is also hindered by the fact that not a lot of older people were clamoring at the chance to go to tightly packed rooms to count ballots.  And poorly paid public sector employees were already stretched thin in a normal election year, let alone one during a pandemic.  

That we're gonna pull the election off at all, for either party, is a fucking miracle given what Covid-19 did to us as a people.  

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm sure it's been explained 100 times already, but why were Trump voters SO much more adamant about voting in person? Mailing seems so much more convenient in most places.

It can't just be the scared of fraud thing. I know plenty of Trump voters who don't buy into his bullshit conspiracy theories.

Dear leader said he was going to invalidate mail in votes. Of course they voted in person. They believed him.

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

CNN straight up attacking Fox for propogating conspiracies that have directly led to arrests and attempts at terrorism and political violence. Fuck yeah, fuck the Murdoch's. 

Genie isn't gonna go back in the bottle, though

There need to be repercussions for that shit. And Tucker Carlson's cliche overgrown fratdouche ass needs to be tossed in jail for the shit he said yesterday.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

What is the appropriate time to start drinking and masturbating to Trump tears today?  Asking for a friend.

Depends. Are you working from home, or going into the office.  If it's the latter, I recommend you wait until between meetings.  If it's the former, be sure to turn off your camera. 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Good news is next time around, there won't be nearly this much volume of mail-in ballots to keep receiving and counting for days after Election Day because there hopefully won't be a pandemic that necessitated so many people to vote by mail.  Also, not you...but Trumpers need to understand that the manpower required to receive and process this many votes is also hindered by the fact that not a lot of older people were clamoring at the chance to go to tightly packed rooms to count ballots.  And poorly paid public sector employees were already stretched thin in a normal election year, let alone one during a pandemic.  

That we're gonna pull the election off at all, for either party, is a fucking miracle given what Covid-19 did to us as a people.  

That makes total sense.  Thanks.  

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

The fact that ballots are still being counted three days after the election lends itself to the optic of fraud, even if there is none. 

This is really a result of bad messaging on the part of the talking heads and both parties.

You know how many states are still counting ballots and will be for at least another week? 50 of them. FUCKING ALL OF THEM. There's never been an election in history that got all ballots counted on election day, much less within a week. 

I would've hammered that point home.  This election was not unusual at all other than two facts:  1) There were far more mail in ballots due to COVID-19 and 2) due to messaging by the Republicans and Democrats to their respective audiences about how to vote, the mail in ballots would be heavily skewed towards Biden.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

Voted Democrat for the first time in my life.  Had to get Trump out of there.
My only complaint is with the process.  The fact that ballots are still being counted three days after the election lends itself to the optic of fraud, even if there is none.  I'm going to have to listen to friends of mine for weeks scream about how every single state that was counted after election day went to Biden.  
I don't follow politics closely like many on here, and I think someone referenced that some states were not allowed to count early-voting ballots in advance, though I'm not sure why.
Either way, he's gone.  That's what matters.  
No state is done counting ballots. Moose out front should've told you. Don't fall for the rhetoric. We are always counting well after the election.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Goddamnit I just want the election to be called so I can crack open my special 15yr extra anejo tequila. Just ready for the damn votes to all be counted.

No, goddamnit YOU. Open that shit tonight regardless if it's called. It's going to be called in GA PA as blues for sure, those two western states are just gravy. 

I actually have a similar story. My brother-in-law is the beer/wine lead at a Kroger and he hooked me up with a bottle of Perrier Jouet...for $5. 

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

No state is done counting ballots. Moose out front should've told you. Don't fall for the rhetoric. We are always counting well after the election.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's shocking how many people are learning that for the first time this week.

Ok, nevermind, not shocking at all.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Crying?  I was looking for an explanation.  Everyone else on here responded in quite civil fashion except for your dumb ass.  

Go back to fucking your mother.  

Don't mind him man. Glad you went Biden, it's my first Dem presidential vote as well.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Alaska, Florida, Maine District 2, North Carolina.

Yes, well that list doesn't take into account the timezone difference between Alaska and Maine; and also households with more than 2 TV sets...and other things of that nature.

/presidentMantooth 

How much blow is Don, Jr. gonna do this weekend?  It bottles the mind.  

Edited by Lobo

9 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Whole lotta this 

I've been refreshing myself on this (Florida 2000).  It seems that if Gore had pursued a statewide recount, he might actually have won Florida.  But that went off the table pretty early as probably a tactical decision (timing and the hanging chads in certain counties).

But when he was arguing for a recount in only a few counties, he legally exposed himself to the idea that applying a different counting method in the recount in only certain counties disenfranchised the voters in non-recount counties, which ostensibly violates equal protection/one-man-one-vote.  And it starts to look like "cherry picking" of the type Trump is doing (there are only problems in the states I lost narrowly, not the ones I won or where I got my shit stomped).

There's the sort of psychological problem of being the recounter and not the winner, but there is a high risk of creating legal problems for yourself, as well.

Finally, the empirical fact that recounts rarely change the outcome.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Moving forward, will there be measures put in place to keep this kind of thing from dragging out again?  Is that up to each state?  Seems there should be some uniformity.

Strangely, it is the non-uniformity and the decentralization that keeps the integrity of the race and voter fraud to a minimum. Maybe one state might have people get away with shenanigans but it won't be system wide. We have always lived with counts going on a long time, races were always projected to go a certain way and they would be called on election night, but the counting would go on and on. This year, the race was so close that the networks were afraid to call it due to litigious Trump and getting egg on their face if they got it wrong. This time, they waited thru more of the count to make sure. It think going forward, this is more likely to be the norm seeing how polarized we are as an electorate. Take heart in that democracy won in that poll workers of both parties worked together to count the votes and ensure the correct outcome in every state, no matter how stupid their process.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Constitutionally, it IS up to each state to determine how they will send their electors to the EC. Also, fuck the electoral college. 

Electoral College preserves the separation of the states' power and protects the citizens' vote from Federal influence.  With no electoral college, we would run the risk of a single court ruling halting all vote counts.  State by state control creates an avalanche that cheeto and friends are unable to combat.

The EC is in the Constitution, which cheeto also used to wipe his ass with all summer when he gassed & arrested those using their Constitutional right to protest.  The Constitution is going to kick his ass out of office.

• Hook 'Em 5

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Ok thanks.  

Can you tell me about Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, etc... Why did it take so long this year?  

Sorry, I just don't follow this stuff that closely.  

The truth about elections is that when they are “called” on most election nights, it’s not because they have counted most of the ballots, but rather then know what’s been counted, what’s outstanding, and know from the registration and previous election how people vote, so they have a good idea of where it’s gonna end up.  So all the states are still counting, it’s just that most people don’t follow it because it’s not going to change anything.

the truth about PA is they’ve known since about midnight on Tuesday/Wednesday morning it was going to be Democrat, because Trump underperformed in the rural areas and there were a fuck ton of ballots from Philadelphia, which is navy blue.

Also the mail thing is slowing everything down because they have to run them through the scantron instead of computer tabulation. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 4