Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

It's like no one on the R side has ever been sick before.  Or known someone who was. 

Don't you know, they all just sucked it up and pulled themselves up by the bootstraps and scrimped and saved and made it happen! And so on and so forth with other tired bullshit platitudes!

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Up next on the Trump Pardon list, Hank Aaron, Wilt Chamberlin, Jesse Owens, Rerun from What’s Happening, and the Peanuts character Franklin.

fucking moron.

Perhaps he and his supporters literally believe "the only good -----, is a dead -----"

25 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I suppose that's not entirely fair given 59% of Republicans support protection.  I guess the 41% are just assholes. Which pretty much correlates with the Potus's approval rating in general.  So, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

At least 59% of Trumpkins have diabetes and hypertension, so it makes sense. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

And now the administration has pre-existing conditions in its crosshairs.  Don't think about switching jobs or insurance companies in the future guys.  Keep that nose to the grindstone just where you are now.  Know your place.

https://gizmodo.com/trump-regime-says-obamacare-shouldnt-protect-people-wit-1826662463

According to the article even 59% of Republicans support protection for people with pre-existing conditions.  But I suspect those low level R's aren't donating enough to make their voice heard.

and of course, our dumbfuck state is at the vanguard of this effort. 

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

How bad does Trump want to host a reality show called The Pardon, where various black folks come and grovel at his feet asking for pardons. At the end of the season he picks a winner.  

That would probably be as cringe worthy as Amon Goeth saying "I pardon you" in Schindler's List.

DPLaeM0XkAAAPrm.jpg

27 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Everyone knows that the ban on applying pre-existing condition limitations was done as soon as the mandate was removed, right?

Right?

It seems like no one understands adverse selection.

“Hell yes insurers should have to cover my pre-existing condition but the govment ain’t got no right making folks buy insurance.”

56 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Trump does this and he'll make 2020 competitive.  

I'm pretty sure any Dem nominee will be in support of removing the federal ban on marijuana. 

And he will walk back on this once the private prison, alcohol/tobacco, and Big Pharma groups get a hold of him. 

2 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

Wait, so it's being reported on MSNBC that he wants to pardon about 3,000 more people? 

And he wants the "NFLers" to send him a list of people they thought were treated unfairly by the justice system so he can pardon them? 

What in the actual fuck is going on!?!

There is a spark of a good idea here, but of course he's fucked it up already. 

It could have been:  "Let's have a real conversation about why you feel the need to kneel.  What do you guys see as problematic with our justice system, and can my pardon powers play a role in reaching a resolution here?"

Instead its:  "So which of your black criminal buddies do you want pardoned?  Will that shut you up?"

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He'll walk it back as soon as he talked to the evangelicals.  He absolutely refuses to cross them.

And if the DNC had anything resembling a collective direction or a goal they'd seize the popularity of the policy and force him to either co-opt the issue and jeopardize portions of that base or lose out entirely on the popular issue.  

I stay fairly informed, lean a bit to the left and I still have no idea what point the DNC firmly wants to communicate.  Patting yourself on the back for not being an ignorant, orange buffoon isn't moving the needle.  Kissing your partner in a political ad isn't cutting edge.  Those large swaths of red that they lost right through the middle of the country aren't interested in a debate about gender pronouns.  Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi as the sun and moon of your universe won't carry the torch.  If the goal is to turn a wave into ripple, then the current stagnation is right on point.      

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm pretty sure any Dem nominee will be in support of removing the federal ban on marijuana. 

And he will walk back on this once the private prison, alcohol/tobacco, and Big Pharma groups get a hold of him. 

Trump will cave like he did on the Dreamers but if he followed through,  I think the Democrats have more to fear from the apathetic non-voter that an issue like this would create- - especially with young and minority voters.  

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

And if the DNC had anything resembling a collective direction or a goal they'd seize the popularity of the policy and force him to either co-opt the issue and jeopardize portions of that base or lose out entirely on the popular issue.  

I stay fairly informed, lean a bit to the left and I still have no idea what point the DNC firmly wants to communicate.  Patting yourself on the back for not being an ignorant, orange buffoon isn't moving the needle.  Kissing your partner in a political ad isn't cutting edge.  Those large swaths of red that they lost right through the middle of the country aren't interested in a debate about gender pronouns.  Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi as the sun and moon of your universe won't carry the torch.  If the goal is to turn a wave into ripple, then the current stagnation is right on point.      

They should focus on healthcare and income inequality. Their message should be you shouldn't go broke paying for medical bills and you shouldn't need government assistance if you have a job.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

We should just get Beto to write the DNC platform:

https://betofortexas.com/issue/justice/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

They should focus on healthcare and income inequality. Their message should be you shouldn't go broke paying for medical bills and you shouldn't need government assistance if you have a job.

Agree.  The reason these topics aren't blaring from cable news and being discussed daily on the front page of dialogue is because the DNC has seized nothing in the form of owning a single issue.  Trump is going to drop his pants twice a day every day.  It still isn't solid political leverage. 

The rift between Trump and a traditional conservative like Sessions is rife with political opportunity, especially with marijuana and federal status.  Making those two the opposing faces of the entire issue would be the easiest political maneuver since wearing blue jeans and taking a photo next to a barbed wire fence.  The Democrats own zero real estate in any of these topics.    

17 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I don't think they need a collective voice--just one for each race.  I don't think every race presents the same challenges so why run the same ads?  The Republicans ate it in Virginia and New Jersey going all in on MS13 narratives. Another case in point is Alison Friedman is running some good ads against Barbara Comstock in Virginia and Texas has their own with Beto. 

The collective voice will land once the Trump admin gets dealt some blows and they're coming, they always do no matter who's in office.  He's been a turd in the punchbowl without crisis which he invents.  Wait until a real one presents itself and he has to deal with all the self inflicted chaos he creates.  I don't wish it on anybody, but the voters that put him in office will fare the worst.  

Edited by Mdhorn

4 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I don't think they need a collective voice--just one for each race.  I don't think every race presents the same challenges so why run the same ads?  The Republicans ate it in Virginia and New Jersey going all in on MS13 narratives. Another case in point is Alison Friedman is running some good ads against Barbara Comstock in Virginia and Texas has their own with Beto. 

The collective voice will land once the Trump admin gets dealt some blows and they're coming, they always do no matter who's in office.  He's been a turd in the punchbowl without crisis which he invents.  Wait until a real once presents itself and he has to deal with all the self inflicted chaos he creates.  I don't wish it on anybody, but the voters that put him in office will fare the worst.  

I agree that every race can't be run with a single blueprint.  But firm commonality with two, maybe three popular issues is an underlying announcement that they will require the congressional numbers to execute those goals.  It shouldn't be this difficult to identify a single issue from the DNC.  The current plan for broad appeal isn't something I can point to right now from the Democratic aisle.   

I just caught up on the last four pages. I want to puke.

This man needs to tarred, feathered, and run to Russia on a rail, I think. Then I remember, it's the electorate. Trump didn't tunnel into the White House, he was put there by tens of millions of American voters. I feel like I've eaten my puke and puked it out again.

We can change the pilot, but one of the wings is on fire.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I wish Obama had pardoned El Chapo as he was walking out the door.

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Just say he did.  Trump voters will believe it.

Trump could pardon him himself.

El Chapo? I used to love to eat there! Great chimichangas and turkey tacos! I hope the pardon brings it back. Maybe President Trump will pardon Monterrey House, too, and really piss off the libs!

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Wait, Rodman's trip to the summit is being sponsored by marijuana related business?

You just can't make this shit up.

If I had to endure watching two fat guys talk about nuclear weapons I'd appreciate having Dennis Rodman and some weed around.  

• Like 1

There are very few things that could be said about this administration that I wouldn’t believe for at least a couple seconds before verifying.

Trump announces he will pardon OJ

Trump thinks the Mexicans lost at the Alamo

Trump had Michael Cohen pay off Anne Coulter 

Trump calls Dirk Nowitzki for advice on the Ukraine

Trump asking about where the commander in chief uniform is located

Trump names David Clarke new AG

Trump farts on Justin Trudeau 

Trump likes earring uncooked hotdogs with mayo and spam...

• Haha 2