Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Trump administration admits they've lost track of roughly 20 percent of toddler's parents.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-administration-admits-theyve-lost-track-of-roughly-20-percent-of-toddlers-parents-a08290b85bdc/

The Trump admin just told a federal judge that 19 parents of children under 5 years old have already been deported. The White House is arguing that they shouldn't have to reunite them with their kids. @ACLU is pushing back.

#MAGA!!

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Jimmie will be told immigrants took his job and he'll nod his head in agreement.

I always find it funny when one of these rubes talks about Mexicans stealing jobs.  How do you steal a job?  It's not a loaf of bread. 

If they're concerned that illegal Mexicans get jobs because they are willing to work for less money, then go after the ones (like Trump) who are illegally hiring them.  Don't be mad at the poor bastard who has to work for slave wages to provide for his family.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

It won't be a Civil War.  We've been too comfortable for too long.  Comfortable people take the yoke.  

This is probably worthy of its' own thread, but it fits here.  TL;DR - The right is winning it's war to put the yoke upon all of us, while waving the flag.  The super-haves have convinced the have-nots that it's all about bootstraps, when really, they're bowing to take the yoke.  

https://www.ineteconomics.org/perspectives/blog/meet-the-economist-behind-the-one-percents-stealth-takeover-of-america

What did the Romans do once there were no other lands to conquer?  They set upon each other, while a turnstyle of strongmen milked the empire for all they could.  Welcome to your empire in decline.  

This Chad fucks.

2 hours ago, Slade said:

I don't think it has devolved back to being THAT bad but I wouldn't doubt there are some folks that would like to go back to the 50s and 60s where they could hang 'strange fruit' from the trees with impunity. Trump has emboldened the racists with his rhetoric, he has made his mark with white identity politics and talks mad shit to stir up the alt-right (lets just call them what they are, racist) part of the his base. 

You know the guy that laughs REALLY hard when Trump calls Maxine Waters low IQ?  Yeah...kind of obvious that guy’s a fucking racist.  

28 minutes ago, bolverk said:

4. A step-by-step guide on how he coiffs his hair in the morning, preferably with video.

That is not a one man job. It takes a gifted team of highly skilled technicians several hours and incorporates carcinogenic bonding agents banned by the EPA until Pruitt took over. They are an old Soviet design.

• Like 1

Again, this is the only person currently running for president as a Democrat. Rep. John Delaney, very succesful businessman, age 55. The only former CEO of a publicly traded company serving in congress, his pet issue is ending partisan gerrymandering and has the highest bipartisanship ranking among all house Democrats. This is less due to moderate ideology and more due to intense pragmatism and orientation towards results. 

At first glance, I really like this guy’s potential.

During his speech at a rally in Montana, Trump said "thousand points of light" was a lesser slogan than his motto, Make America Great Again.

"What the hell was that, by the way, thousand points of light? What did that mean? Does anyone know?" Trump asked the crowd.

"I know one thing: Make America Great Again we understand. Putting America first we understand. Thousand points of light, I never quite got that one. What the hell is that? Has anyone ever figured that one out? And it was put out by a Republican."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/06/trump-raises-eyebrows-criticism-bush-41s-thousand-points-light-slogan

I dunno about anyone else, but I’ll take a thousand points of light over a treasonous black hole of venality.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Agreed across the board.

That vision has only two consecutive ends: oligarchy, exploiting and abusing 97% of the population.  And then, bloody uprising.  If you believe that the entire world is bent on enslaving everyone else, then you will have one of two states of existence, at all times: slavery, or slave rebellion.  What a delightful vision.

And a reminder, the politicians selling this shit claim to be "Christians."  See if you can match the quoted paragraph with anything you can find in the Gospels.

But this isn't an actual vision. As I mentioned earlier, MacLean's work should be taken with a heavy dose of salt. Her book took a lot of criticism from a number of economists for using a lot of quotes out of context, like the one being quoted above. While the quote above sounds bad, the context was written within a Hobbesian construct for the purpose of discussing how to constrain an amoral actor within the public sector.

I should also point out that most vocal critics of MacLean's book are also critics of Trump.

The Washington Post has a long list of criticisms about the book if anyone is interested.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/06/28/does-democracy-in-chains-paint-an-accurate-picture-of-james-buchanan/?utm_term=.40e1598094ed

• Like 1

Trump reportedly gave out his personal cell phone number to world leaders and US officials 'had no idea' he was making calls.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-personal-cellphone-call-canada-justin-trudeau-2018-7

Not only against federal laws but was using an unsecured device to make important calls. At least it wasn't a female named Hillary sending emails I guess.

8 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

Trump voters are dumb. 

Forgive me if this has been posted.  NPR tweeted the Declaration of Independence, line by line.  Trump voters thought it was propaganda:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/05/some-trump-supporters-thought-npr-tweeted-propaganda-it-was-the-declaration-of-independence/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.91a22ac0ea4a

• Like 1

#MAGA

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/06/politics/mar-a-lago-foreign-workers-request/index.html

https://lcr-pjr.doleta.gov/index.cfm?event=ehLCJRExternal.dspJobOrderView&frm=PJR&task=view_job_order&view=external&lcjr_id=136842

President Donald Trump's resort, Mar-a-Lago, filed a request to the Department of Labor for 61 additional visas for foreign servers and cooks, according to a Job Order Records filed on Thursday and Friday. 

The Florida resort requested 61 H-2B visas, which are visas for temporary non-agricultural workers. In order to obtain H-2Bs, employers must prove that there are not enough US workers who are "able, willing, qualified, and available" to do the temporary work. 40 of the visas were for servers, while 21 were for cooks. 

In January, the resort requested 70 H-2B visas for cooks, housekeepers, and servers. 

The latest request sets the wages at $12.68 per hour for the servers and $13.31 for the cooks. Due to terms set by the visa, employees can only work for the company that sponsors the visa itself. The servers and cooks would work October through May.

The President has said before in a 2015 interview with MSNBC that "getting help in Palm Beach during the season is almost impossible." However, the New York Times reported in 2016 that since 2010, only 17 of 300 American applicants were hired at the club. And since October of 2015, Mar-a-Lago has filed 10 separate requests for H-2B visas.

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

MS-13 MEMBERS WILL BE MAKING OMELETS AT MAR-A-LAGO BEFORE KILLING YOUR CHILDREN IN THE MOST PAINFUL WAYS THEY CAN THINK OF!!!  DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Continental Op said:

MS-13 MEMBERS WILL BE MAKING OMELETS AT MAR-A-LAGO BEFORE KILLING YOUR CHILDREN IN THE MOST PAINFUL WAYS THEY CAN THINK OF!!!  DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be silly, ICE already liberated Palm Beach.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Close.   The third group is more malicious than simply not caring.   They want to be part of the con and enrich themselves at the expense of the victims. 

Describes many in Congress.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

It's always nice when the president of the US openly hopes that thousands of Americans will lose their jobs.  

If that doesn't say America first, I don't know what does.

Edited by DixonHur

5 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

This is awful. There is no defending it. Anyone who supports it is a traitor to our values and our democracy. Plain and simple.

The people who support him are incapable of feeling shame. They don’t care. They vote. 

12 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

In a person’s face, which is assault.

He wasnt charged with assault even if he should have been.  He was charged with felony theft. However, neither the theft nor the assault were more than misdemeanors. There is little chance that he ends up with more than a class c misdemeanor. 

He wasnt charged with assault even if he should have been.  He was charged with felony theft. However, neither the theft nor the assault were more than misdemeanors. There is little chance that he ends up with more than a class c misdemeanor. 

it’s a state jail felony if he has two prior adjudicated m/m thefts.