Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

14 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trump likes to shake the hands vigorously of foreign leaders, stand tall, shove them aside for a photo op.

Putin, who is listed at 5' 6" or so, just physically towers over Trump at all times.  

Trump is such a fucking cuck to Putin.  

rCDSSwg.jpg

Oh right, Surly is still borked. 

https://i.imgur.com/rCDSSwg.jpg

Edited by WhatTheBuck

I want a really boring president. And I want to go back to the days where you don’t hear his/her name for days at a time. And then when you do it’s like “hey the president is in Canada today and gave a boring speech and nothing happened”.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

It's not worth this presidency, but I would be so fucking happy if the NRA got taken down.

Are Republicans/"Conservatives"  collectively the stupidest group of people on the planet?

You've got Sacha Baron Cohen proposing the most preposterous things on the planet to them, them agreeing, and them having no clue that it's all a ruse.

You've got the NRA being infiltrated by a freakin' Russian spy. The NRA. The group that is so pro-militantly American.

You've got Trump,  the "stable genius,"  taking a 10 minute prank call on Air Force One from "Stuttering John" Melendez.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Coates may be laughing now, but that's because he doesn't know that Rachel Maddow is going to lead a coup that's going to end up with Trump decapitated on the White House lawn.  

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/rick-wiles-were-72-hours-away-from-a-coup-during-which-trump-will-be-decapitated-on-the-white-house-lawn/

Dammit, is that this weekend?

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I'm on a group text with 3 former coworkers - we're all relatively young (29-32), college educated, work in a pretty progressive field (immigration advocacy) and grew up in roughly the same Houston burbs.  1 of them is super liberal, 1 is more left-leaning and the other is a Republican.

It's mostly just funny memes and articles.  Nothing of substance due to political differences.  Yesterday, we're joking about the articles regarding the FDA saying you can't call almond milk "milk" because the government definition of milk is something that is milked from cows.  Someone jokes "my tax dollars are paying for this?" and I said "bigger waste than paying for Eric Trump to go skiing in Aspen" and the Republican responds "yeah, but we also paid for Obama's family trips."

Irredeemable. Deplorable. Hypocritical.

Eric Trump - 35 years old, worth $300 million

Sasha and Malia Obama (at the time) - underage and lived in the White House with their parents

But black.

All three of you are dumb. If it doesn't come from a tit, it's not milk. Almonds don't have tits. 

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Are Republicans/"Conservatives"  collectively the stupidest group of people on the planet?

You've got Sacha Baron Cohen proposing the most preposterous things on the planet to them, them agreeing, and them having no clue that it's all a ruse.

You've got the NRA being infiltrated by a freakin' Russian spy. The NRA. The group that is so pro-militantly American.

You've got Trump,  the "stable genius,"  taking a 10 minute prank call on Air Force One from "Stuttering John" Melendez.

Years of spouting off talking points about illegals, trickle down economics/tax cuts, all regulation is bad, etc. were to rile up their idiot base, but at some point they actually started to believe this garbage. 

17 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Coates may be laughing now, but that's because he doesn't know that Rachel Maddow is going to lead a coup that's going to end up with Trump decapitated on the White House lawn.  

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/rick-wiles-were-72-hours-away-from-a-coup-during-which-trump-will-be-decapitated-on-the-white-house-lawn/

Infrastructure week?

22 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I mean, she's not ugly, but for a son of a president/trust fund kid I'd think he could do a lot better.  Maybe if Don Jr. had something resembling a chin or a jawline he could pull better women.  I blame bad genes.

32 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I want a really boring president. And I want to go back to the days where you don’t hear his/her name for days at a time. And then when you do it’s like “hey the president is in Canada today and gave a boring speech and nothing happened”.

I've said that too.  "May you live in interesting times. 

NEVER MIND!  NEVER MIND!  I TAKE IT BACK!"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

I mean, she's not ugly, but for a son of a president/trust fund kid I'd think he could do a lot better.  Maybe if Don Jr. had something resembling a chin or a jawline he could pull better women.  I blame bad genes.

When you eliminate the entire segment of the population who has even a fraction of self-respect, she's about as good as Donny Boy could hope for.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

All three of you are dumb. If it doesn't come from a tit, it's not milk. Almonds don't have tits. 

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

yeah but are coconuts mammals?

IcyGrimAnchovy-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nah.  She ugly, classic butterface. 

Had to look it up because I get all of the NDAs confused, but it looks like trump has never admitted to noodlin' McDougal. Also sounds like Nat Enq was very involved in this, so tapes could be insightful as to the catch n kill stuff.

"AMI CEO David Pecker is a longtime crony of Trump’s, and the Enquirer has consistently covered Trump’s political career in fawning fashion. The company’s agreement with McDougal has been described as a “catch and kill” deal—an apparently common tabloid tactic in which a publication buys the rights to a salacious story it intends to keep secret in order to gain favor with a higher-value source. McDougal’s agreement called for her to be paid $150,000 and to become a contributor of health and fitness content to other AMI publications; she says the company has not followed through on promises to publish her work or promote her career."

Also, yum:

karen-mcdougal-1998-rt-jt-180216_16x9_992.jpg

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

I'm on a group text with 3 former coworkers - we're all relatively young (29-32), college educated, work in a pretty progressive field (immigration advocacy) and grew up in roughly the same Houston burbs.  1 of them is super liberal, 1 is more left-leaning and the other is a Republican.

It's mostly just funny memes and articles.  Nothing of substance due to political differences.  Yesterday, we're joking about the articles regarding the FDA saying you can't call almond milk "milk" because the government definition of milk is something that is milked from cows.  Someone jokes "my tax dollars are paying for this?" and I said "bigger waste than paying for Eric Trump to go skiing in Aspen" and the Republican responds "yeah, but we also paid for Obama's family trips."

Irredeemable. Deplorable. Hypocritical.

Eric Trump - 35 years old, worth $300 million

Sasha and Malia Obama (at the time) - underage and lived in the White House with their parents

But black.

The conservative what-about-ism has reached absurd proportions.  No matter the situation, just pretend there's a moral equivalent somewhere.  

I mean, Trump's adult family members are crisscrossing the globe for the singular purpose of MAKING MONEY for the Trump corporation that the president maintains interest in.  So:  my tax dollars (and a lot of them) continuously protecting adults who are using their relationship to the president to make private money for the president's corporations. 

That is just a million light years from being the equivalent of protecting the under-18 children of the president -- from Amy Carter to W's kids to Obama's young daughters.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

The conservative what-about-ism has reached absurd proportions.  No matter the situation, just pretend there's a moral equivalent somewhere.  

I mean, Trump's adult family members are crisscrossing the globe for the singular purpose of MAKING MONEY for the Trump corporation that the president maintains interest in.  So:  my tax dollars (and a lot of them) continuously protecting adults who are using their relationship to the president to make private money for the president's corporations. 

That is just a million light years from being the equivalent of protecting the under-18 children of the president -- from Amy Carter to W's kids to Obama's young daughters.  

Also super hypocritical.  He chastised Obama for taking vacations and playing golf and costing taxpayer money.  He promised he'd never do that as president.  Lol.  

And, meanwhile, Dotard wants to start fucking with the Fed:

In a flurry of early-morning Twitter posts, Mr. Trump complained that the Fed’s rate increases and a “stronger and stronger” United States dollar are “taking away our big competitive edge.” He also said the Fed’s plan to raise rates — known as tightening because it makes borrowing more expensive — “hurts all that we have done.”

His comments once again break with longstanding White House norms, in which American presidents tend to talk sparingly about the United States dollar and, when they do, generally reiterate that a strong dollar is in the national interest. On Thursday, Mr. Trump drew criticism for saying in an interview with CNBC that he did not like the Fed’s interest rate decisions, comments that also upend presidential protocol to respect the independence of the central bank.

Mr. Trump, along with Republican lawmakers, is trying to make a booming economy a big issue in the midterm elections. The president’s $1.5 trillion tax cut, along with federal spending increases he has signed into law, have injected new stimulus into an economy that is finally shaking off the sluggish growth that has marked its recovery from the Great Recession. Unemployment is at an 18-year low and gross domestic product growth could hit 3 percent this year, which would be the best rate in more than a decade.

The Fed, meanwhile, is shifting away from a decade of ultralow rates that supported growth — and it is beginning to gently tap the brakes, in order to prevent the economy from overheating.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/business/trump-fed-china-economy.html

• Like 1

Interesting there's nothing on this thread about the president's attacks on the Fed. (edit: until The post right above mine, posted at the same time)
In my world, this is the biggest story. It seems like in my industry nobody thought the leopards would eat OUR face. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's him building a narrative in case the economy starts slipping due to his trade war. It won't be the trade war and tariffs, it will be the Fed's fault. 

Your ability to tap into his motivations is fucking scary.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's him building a narrative in case the economy starts slipping due to his trade war. It won't be the trade war and tariffs, it will be the Fed's fault. 

100% this.  He's handed a great economy, takes credit for it.  Drops grenades everywhere, sees shit blow up, start's laying down blame.  Moves on to the next thing to fuck up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Combined with hurling blame at Karen McDougal's vagina and then a nickname applied to Michael Cohen:  Recordy Recordovich Cohen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He will also blame the deficits on it (higher interest payments) to cover for increased spending and decreased revenue.

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You may be right, but that requires some multidimensional thinking, which I'm not sure he has. I'd attribute it more to a phone call from Hannity telling him that it was a bad thing, and he ran with it.