Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Defeating ISIS is hard to pinpoint.  It's a guerrilla operation that can disappear and reappear at a moment's notice.  Also, it's 40,000 people (at most) with AK's and Toyota pickups.  It's scope was vastly overstated by the Fox News crowd under Obama.  Those other players in the region need to deal with this.  We should have never been there and props to Trump for pulling us out, albeit sloppily.  The only people upset about this are the ones who wanted us to never leave Iraq.  Lindsey Graham is being "hysterical." 

I was referring to Don Donald contradicting himself by saying ISIS in Syria is defeated and we're letting others take over the fight against them. 

ISIS, Al Qaeda, Al Shabbab, etc. All different manifestations of the same ideology. The source of the ideology is in Riyadh. But they spend a lot of money at Trump properties so we're not going to do anything about them.

It's all a fucking game. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

We're headed out to the in-laws this morning. FIL insists the TV be on Fox News 24/7. He can barely operate the remote control to turn the TV on & off. My wife is almost on board with me doing this.

Do it for nothing else other than a little sanity. I can tolerate my relatives and parents bullshit more than when it's coming out of the TV.

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Defeating ISIS is hard to pinpoint.  It's a guerrilla operation that can disappear and reappear at a moment's notice.  Also, it's 40,000 people (at most) with AK's and Toyota pickups.  It's scope was vastly overstated by the Fox News crowd under Obama.  Those other players in the region need to deal with this.  We should have never been there and props to Trump for pulling us out, albeit sloppily.  The only people upset about this are the ones who wanted us to never leave Iraq.  Lindsey Graham is being "hysterical." 

I tend to agree that we probably shouldn't have gone in to Syria in the first place, but I disagree with this. The problem isn't necessarily that we're pulling our troops out of Syria (which may be a problem, but certainly has both pros and cons), the problem is that Trump is clearly doing this at Putin's behest. Look at this:

gettyimages-1000209212.jpg?w=1500&h=1000

That's a man who was brought to heel. Trump has given Putin a degree of command over our armed forces. If he's given Putin that, what else has he given them? That's the real problem. It's not a new problem, but it seems that this is actually waking some more people up to it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Do it for nothing else other than a little sanity. I can tolerate my relatives and parents bullshit more than when it's coming out of the TV.

Funniest thing about that clip is how it hits close to home in the end when he's shouting "Linda, what the hell'd you do to the TV?" MIL (no pics) is named Linda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayDog said:

I saw a daikykos article where someone was encouraging people to borrow the remote at bars and restaurants and do this.

And the gym. 

I have a feud with some guy at the gym (going on 8 months) who insists the tv be on Fox News. 

I insist he can go fuck himself

Edited by Pancho Negro
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It's interesting to see that his "I know more about _______ than anybody." didn't start with his dementia, he's been puffing up his chest, trying to overcompensate for at least close to 2 decades now, if not longer.

If someone tells you "Believe me.", don't believe them. If they tell you "I know more about _______ than anybody.", you should suspect that their knowledge of that specific subject is minimal at best. If they say "Trust me.", you shouldn't trust them worth shit.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Donald Trump.

Go watch Dark Money on Netflix. He’s been talking like that since the 80s when every single project he was working on was beautiful, amazing, the greatest. 

7 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

It's really great to see him do this in my opinion.  All of the War Mongering Neo-Cons and Neo-Libs are surfacing parroting the same ole' NPC MSM talking points.  Didn't vote for the man, but he gets a thumbs up from me on this.  "orange man not totally bad"/Mongo

There are plenty of good reasons to withdraw, but to declare victory over ISIS is fucking absurd, and to quote his lackeys giving him credit and shitting on Obama is just fucking ridiculous, as with everything in his presidency.  How about a diplomatic, well thought, well supported description of the decision, some legitimate reasons, and doing so in consultation with your fucking military guys, with a plan to do so with as little instability as possible?  Nope, let's just say a bunch of lies, announce it on twitter, and do it myself without speaking to the generals.  Fucking worthless idiot cult leader.

• Like 6

Just now, 'stache said:

There are plenty of good reasons to withdraw, but to declare victory over ISIS is fucking absurd, and to quote his lackeys giving him credit and shitting on Obama is just fucking ridiculous, as with everything in his presidency.  How about a diplomatic, well thought, well supported description of the decision, some legitimate reasons, and doing so in consultation with your fucking military guys, with a plan to do so with as little instability as possible?  Nope, let's just say a bunch of lies, announce it on twitter, and do it myself without speaking to the generals.  Fucking worthless idiot cult leader.

Agreed, and to use the fallen as a justification is the biggest pile of bullshit. Seriously. How dare he. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

I'm sure the troops that sit there wondering "why the fuck am I here," missing their families and getting mentally distraught could give two shits as to how Trump handled it.  

2 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

I'm sure the troops that sit there wondering "why the fuck am I here," missing their families and getting mentally distraught could give two shits as to how Trump handled it.  

Good point.  I'm glad to see our glorious dear leader cares so much about the troops!  Hey, how about those n-words kneeling at the anthem!  They hate the troops, like Obama!!!

Edited by 'stache

They signed up for it. Making uneducated decisions about how to proceed in military conflicts because the soldiers don’t want to be there, with no concern about the long term ramifications (which may actually put those same soldiers in more peril), is a terrible mistake.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Well, they should give two shits, because their commander in chief is a goddamned buffoon.

And praising the broken clock for being correct once every 12 hours makes you look like a buffoon as well.

31 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Why the fuck am I here??? 

Because you joined the military, that's why.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

I would love to see us less involved in the Middle East.  Likewise, bringing troops home from a stabilized Syria is absolutely a noble goal.  But is Syria stabilized?  If not, what is going to fill the vacuum left behind?  It seems like all of our interventions in the Middle East should have taught us that premature exits cause more problems than they solve, so we need to be really sure that the country is stable before we pull out.

This is one of my biggest problems with Trump.  There is the noble aspiration (like equalizing trade imbalances to protect American jobs) and then there is the inept strategy and execution (by shotgunning tariffs, starting trade wars and alienating allies).  These quixotic misadventures in governance typically start with one of his favored patterns of “leadership” — make the grand-but-unrealistic proclamation and leave it to some poor lieutenant(s) to figure what the fuck to do next.  Those same lieutenants make convenient scapegoats later when his unrealistic and unconsidered vision fails to materialize.

The man’s track record of strategic clusterfuckery makes me think his cold-turkey quit in Syria will very likely end as a bloody mess.

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The guy who started this gofundme is a fucking genius.  $4.1M raised!  

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

people who bemoan taxes as theft are now voluntarily paying additional taxes they likely can't afford to raise a meaningless amount of money that will never be spent on building a wall that is the pointless whim of a fake billionaire.

amazing.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Well, they should give two shits, because their commander in chief is a goddamned buffoon.

And praising the broken clock for being correct once every 12 hours makes you look like a buffoon as well.

Orange man bad.  I get it dude.  He is a buffoon, but I support the buffoon's decision to pull out of Syria.  And you calling me a buffoon for communicated my support on this one issue is childish.  

Anyway, the DSA libs should love this, isn't a common argument made by the DSAs go something like this: "If we cut military spending, we could pay for free college and single payer healthcare"? 

oRaNgE mAn bAd...cAnNot cOmPuTe.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Up to 0.0004% of the cost! It’s practically built already!

But this guy's next vacation, his house, and his wife's new Beamer are 100% funded.

Serious question lawdogs: Is it a crime to say the money on Gofundme is one for one thing, and then spend it on another? Or to lie in your pitch?

Edit: asking for me.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

1 minute ago, American Swindle said:

Orange man bad.  I get it dude.  He is a buffoon, but I support the buffoon's decision to pull out of Syria.  And you calling me a buffoon for communicated my support on this one issue is childish.  

Anyway, the DSA libs should love this, isn't a common argument made by the DSAs go something like this: "If we cut military spending, we could pay for free college and single payer healthcare"? 

What you should not support is the way he did it.

1 minute ago, American Swindle said:

There are no cuts to military spending in this. And those bitching to high heaven about this are the right wingers and the military. Btw, Trump appealed to high heaven in his impromptu mission accomplished film he shot with a white house intern.

This is what scares Democrats . That it's unprofessional and maybe a little insane.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Clearly you've never served, so please do those us who have the honor of shutting the fuck up.

Your post is both extremely insulting and stupid.

Edited by DixonHur
Anger typo
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

You don't cut military spending in the long term by creating circumstances that make future military action reasonably foreseeable.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

You don't cut military spending in the long term by creating circumstances that make future military action reasonably foreseeable.

Not to mention that Trump wants to increase the military budget.  This is not a "cost savings", this is an accounting trick to try to build his wall at the expense of America and her troops.  Period.

A good rule of thumb is that anytime Putin applauds a move by the US, it's a pretty safe bet that it was a bad move FOR the US..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

If the GoFunMe doesn't reach their goal (they won't come close) then the money goes back to those that donated. The only way this benefits the creator is by giving him publicity.

Yeah, we'll see about that.  When he keeps it he can say "well I guess I lied, sorry about that" knowing that he has $1million of their dollars in pocket to defend any lawsuit to get the money back. 

20 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Stephen was a good and talented guy . . . but how did you land on that particular name?

He was a good friend of mine, though I hadn't seen him in some years before he passed away. I was just talking about him to a mutual friend of ours. Stephen was just the nicest, most modest guy you'd ever want to be around and one of the best musicians on the planet. Hell of a banjo player.  When they had that whole dispute about his will after he died it made me sad.