Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We are a media run state. 

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, our leaders shaped public opinion.  Now it’s the media that molds public preferences with the elected officials following.

We now have the biggest void of leadership I’ve ever seen. 

Yep. If only [pollyanna] there were 100% transparency with open hearings on everything and exhaustive debate in front of everybody. [/pollyanna]

7 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I havent kept up much this week with work being hectic, but how much of a wall is $5B getting? 10-15 miles in Juarez?

Somehow, this reeks of a MLM where one of Trump's buddies is the one who gets the bid and magically, the $5B becomes $50B but $35B of it ends up being donated to the new Barron Trump Foundation.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't think 5B would even pay for the roads that are needed to be built in order to get the equipment to the border to build the wall.

It probably wouldn't even pay the landowners for loss of land, loss of grazing rights, loss of water rights and losing access to the Rio Grande.

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

I don’t watch “unscripted” tv. Can one of y’all Survivor, Pawn Stars or Big Brother fans tell me what usually happens now at this point in the plot? 

No.

Because this show is stupider than all of those.

On Pawn Stars, Rick at least admits he's not an expert in everything, and brings in a "buddy who knows all about antique eyebrow pluckers" to evaluate the object.  Trump would never call in an outside expert, because he knows more than anyone about everything, believe me.

Again, our current reality is too absurd to be the plot of a reality TV show.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No.

Because this show is stupider than all of those.

On Pawn Stars, Rick at least admits he's not an expert in everything, and brings in a "buddy who knows all about antique eyebrow pluckers" to evaluate the object.  Trump would never call in an outside expert, because he knows more than anyone about everything, believe me.

Again, our current reality is too absurd to be the plot of a reality TV show.

Sounds like the “experts” are Rush and Hannity.

We really shouldn’t let old white people make tv schedules. 

Edited by softlynow

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm very confused.  Have we defeated ISIS?  Or are we leaving them for Russia, Iran, and Syria to fight?

And wasn't his campaign platform that ISIS was terrible, needed to be defeated, and that he alone could do it (easily at that)?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm very confused.  Have we defeated ISIS?  Or are we leaving them for Russia, Iran, and Syria to fight?

He can't even stay on message twelve hours later.  Yesterday it was ISIS was eliminated thanks to him.

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

"Major", no.

Have we been engaged in military action here, there and everywhere since WWII? Yes.

You don't have military bases all around the world, unless you are looking to constantly be engaged in military conflicts, but no, we have not been in a "major war" for 17 consecutive years.

Tell that to the thousands of Americans/allies and millions of middle easterners who have died because of America's 17 and counting year war. 

Easy for you to say it's not major when you're not affected by it. 

It is major. 

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

And wasn't his campaign platform that ISIS was terrible, needed to be defeated, and that he alone could do it (easily at that)?

and he knows more about isis than the generals. and he proved it yesterday, because he didn't consult with anyone on his joint chiefs before announcing this move. 

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Millions of lives. Billions of dollars. All wasted.

Pulling out of Syria is a good thing. Fewer of our tax dollars will now go to killing innocent people.

That's fine if you want to say that.   But don't say:

1.  Russia and Syria aren't happy as can be.

2.  ISIS is eliminated.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Millions of lives. Billions of dollars. All wasted.

Pulling out of Syria is a good thing. Fewer of our tax dollars will now go to killing innocent people.

We just better hope we never need any favors in that region ever again because what we are doing to the Kurds is fucking cold-blooded and will be remembered. Also, be ready to accept Iran expanding their influence in the region. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I havent kept up much this week with work being hectic, but how much of a wall is $5B getting? 10-15 miles in Juarez?

Lulz. US has a 2000 mile border (or boarder in trump) with Mexico and they want to say $5 billion will build a wall that long. That amount will get your wall from Brownsville to just around Donna or Weslaco. Maybe Mercedes. 

We just wasted 1.7 trillion in welfare for white billionaires a year ago so I'll be all for allocating $500+ billion in further deficit spending for a wall as long as it's legally stipulated only Latino migrant workers, Latino owned contractors, and Latino professionals are to be hired at fair market rates to complete it. 

Edited by In10se

12 minutes ago, deech said:

That's fine if you want to say that.   But don't say:

1.  Russia and Syria aren't happy as can be.

2.  ISIS is eliminated.

1. I don't care

2. How the hell can something like ISIS be "eliminated"? What would that even entail? What would it look like? What would even replace it. We are not the authors of the world's destiny.

11 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

We just better hope we never need any favors in that region ever again because what we are doing to the Kurds is fucking cold-blooded and will be remembered. Also, be ready to accept Iran expanding their influence in the region. 

1. Money talks. Always has, always will.

2. Ok, cool. Hook 'em.

The big picture here is Trump is winning again.  He’s taken back full control of the media narrative.  

Yeah, Americans will suffer and our allies will abandon us but that’s just the cost of doing business in the Trump Regime... because her emails. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz