Minneapolis is Burning

F250

and those looking to cause trouble on social media

Such as yourself, Mr. President?

The thing he doesn't like about Twitter's new way to deal with him is that it blocks his sycophants from responding. 

Edited by mdmost

34 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh, well, nothing to see here then. guess it's not weird that one is circling over a city currently burning to the ground from riots while a rogue administration destroys our country from within. didn't know that was normal

I thought this was America?!  Isn't this America?  I'm sorry.  I thought this was America.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea I’m no lawyer so @Brisketexan tell me if I’m wrong. I would argue the refusal to check pulse, refusal to stop after the man goes limp, and the refusal to stop after there is clearly no threat all show intent to kill IMO.

That's absolutely the evidence you would argue for that point, you're correct.  I think the refusal to stop, or even change position or check on the victim, once you have been told that you are causing him serious bodily injury, is the most probative of intent.

If I am committing reckless act X, that's one thing -- that may get me a third degree murder charge if my act kills you.  But if I am committing reckless act X, AND I am then told that act X is killing someone, and I affirmatively choose to continue act X with not just the information that my act MAY kill someone, but it is ACTUALLY killing someone, then yes, second degree is the right charge.

Firing a gun indiscriminately can get you a third degree charge.  But if I am shooting at, say, some barrels without checking to see if someone is inside (that's reckless), and multiple people, including a voice from inside the barrel says "don't shoot that, there's someone inside!" and I shoot anyway, killing the occupant....then my action was no longer merely reckless -- it was intentional and knowing.

The case can be made, absolutely.  It just might not get all the way to a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt, because it requires a jury to decide, without any doubt, on the state of mind of the accused.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Those other officers need to be charged too.  If I stood with a gun, next to a coworker who was murdering someone, and stopped the gathered crowd from saving the guy's life, I'd be sitting in a jail cell right now.

charges pending, according to recent updates

When your daughter makes you proud as fuck.

(Screenshots of a text exchange I just had with her)

3553d56b88197daf07a8aa56f8b02479.jpg
(The “she” is a Tomi Laren wannabe mean girl that she’s been classmates with since kindergarten and my daughter has always disliked her.)

bc25f7574ed277536bed81ae3ae7cbed.jpg

And my response -

1809ed8d08f47de9bb3cbd95603fe1fb.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

(The “she” is a Tomi Laren wannabe mean girl that she’s been classmates with since kindergarten and my daughter has always disliked her.)

And my response -

I’ve been impressed with the young people through all this.  The kids are alright and our future is in good hands.

• Like 1

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

I’ve been impressed with the young people through all this.  The kids are alright and our future is in good hands.

Well the young people are a lot more connected to people different than themselves at this point in time than the olds are. 

And my response -

Welp - to late to edit. Oh well.

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh really?

b0ae142d126bb9eaa3459fc0bd1247f3.jpg
a7a9af8e461724df3b8292e8ae32c02d.jpg
5a641a0711c63f588daa9a4f1b67ac23.jpg
693417b31b8c45261866f3c0ed0efdd8.jpg

Nice try fatass.. I've never denied that I occasionally(rarely) post in the cloak room. That doesn't make me a Cloak-roomer like you. Sometimes it's fun to go in there and watch the monkeys throw poo all over each other. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

Dude - you have no idea.

And her mom is even worse.

I’ve been dealing with her Karen ass since elementary school PTA and Fall Festival.

One of the best parts about her graduating is the fact that I NEVER have to interact with those type of women ever again.

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

Nice try fatass.. I've never denied that I occasionally(rarely) post in the cloak room. That doesn't make me a Cloak-roomer like you. Sometimes it's fun to go in there and watch the monkeys throw poo all over each other. 

You have 2100 rep. That tells me you are neither a regular Republican cloak roomer or a regular Democrat cloak roomer.

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, based on the statutes, it's probably the correct charge.  An argument could be made for second degree murder, but the standard for third degree most accurately fits these circumstances.  A summary of the statute, in lay language:

It carries up to a 25 year sentence, so it's not a light charge.  That said, the argument to be made for a second degree murder charge was the cop continuing to keep the knee on him when he was informed by both the victim and observers that he was killing Mr. Floyd.  At that moment, his state of mind and intent changed, and it became second degree murder.  I'm just observing that when the jury has to adjudicate someone's subjective state of mind, that's a tougher prosecution.  It would be much easier to get a conviction on a third degree charge.  It might even be a slamdunk, if the autopsy confirms that the death was caused or materially contributed to by Chauvin's actions.

Yep.  It may sound light, but if he gets convicted of 3rd degree murder, he's going to serve a looong time, provided he doesn't get shanked right away.

46 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think you are right.

The DA really is a separate entity and should consider itself so and be considered such.  But the reality is not that.  Not only are they dependent on one another, they become pretty monolithic in their mindset.

So yeah, there ought to be special prosecutors brought in for every potential criminal incident involving a cop perpetrator.  There is a Public Integrity Unit for other politically involved prosecutions and its reach ought to extend to cop crimes, as well.

I can barely read crime fiction/police procedurals (Harry Bosch, Dave Robicheaux) without getting pissed anymore.  And James Lee Burke writes Robicheaux liberal as fuck in every aspect except crime and punishment.

in a perfect world, in my opinion, this would be a state oversight agency with prosecution powers. and this would be oversight over police at all levels, as well as all other public servants, such a judges, politicians, etc.

but that will never happen, or if it does, it'll be a sham.

sigh.

This site is getting goddamned ridiculous.  I wasn't much of a cloak room reader before, but the whole 'muh safe space' on the DT side of the house about issues that inherently intertwine with politics is fucking ridiculous and weak.  Not to mention there's a lot of not so subtle dog whistling that invites a political reply, then they all scream 'no politics here you dumbass go to the cloak room!' Hell, one of the posters replied with "just go vote blue if you think that will fix everything."  

As if an internet discussion board is supposed to have a 'just the facts ma'am' section where nobody has an opinion on anything.  As if the DT is the internet board's equivalent of Reuters or the AP.  Stupid.   When did Texas sports fans become such overall pussies that have to scream as if poisoned because their eyes happened to alight upon something political in nature?  

That the moderators encourage such bitchassness pretty sad as well,  honestly. 

</rant>

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And my response -

fuck yeah

This site is getting goddamned ridiculous.  I wasn't much of a cloak room reader before, but the whole 'muh safe space' on the DT side of the house about issues that inherently intertwine with politics is fucking ridiculous and weak.  Not to mention there's a lot of not so subtle dog whistling that invites a political reply, then they all scream 'no politics here you dumbass go to the cloak room!' Hell, one of the posters replied with "just go vote blue if you think that will fix everything."  
As if an internet discussion board is supposed to have a 'just the facts ma'am' section where nobody has an opinion on anything.  As if the DT is the internet board's equivalent of Reuters or the AP.  Stupid.   When did Texas sports fans become such overall pussies that have to scream as if poisoned because their eyes happened to alight upon something political in nature?  
That the moderators encourage such bitchassness pretty sad as well,  honestly. 

Yup. Your post is about to get moved though. To another echo chamber of stupidity.

If you feel like protesting, here’s a cool tip to thwart facial recognition.

20 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Dude - you have no idea.

And her mom is even worse.

I’ve been dealing with her Karen ass since elementary school PTA and Fall Festival.

One of the best parts about her graduating is the fact that I NEVER have to interact with those type of women ever again.

The women in my family who are and were like this seen to be calmed by one thing: grandchildren. Grandchildren seem to get angry, erratic motherfuckers to calm down. It's odd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, usmc0331horn said:

We're still bashing Kaepernick who lost his job for trying to bring awareness on a national platform to black people constantly being killed by the police and the institutions of power allowing it to happen?

Lulz, Kaepernick is a grifter. He lost all right to bitch the day he wore a Che Guerra tshirt.

• Like 2

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Lulz, Kaepernick is a grifter. He lost all right to bitch the day he wore a Che Guerra tshirt.

His message was still true, though. Regardless of your belief of if he had a right to express it. Many wanted to overlook exactly what he was protesting and just focus on if he had the right. They said he grew up in the suburbs and a great family so had no "right" to protest. Then they said it disrespected the flag and military.Shouldn't do it on the job and on and on. While conveniently ignoring what he was actually protesting. Which yes, is a huge problem in this country.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Where are all the gun toting white supremacist "open up" protestors at now? Why aren't they still out there because their favorite bar can only have 25 Percent capacity? I thought they wanted confrontation?

Pay attention the narratives each get from the media and the country in general as opposed to peaceful protests from another demographic and you will see the root of what is wrong in this country. That demographic with guns = omg scary and thugs!! criminals!!" The other side with guns protesting = defending their rights and the constitution. I'd love to see how they would have reacted if the cops came and enticed them with tear gas and harassment. 

Remember, all this rebellion started with peaceful protests. It got out of hand once they were purposely enticed by the cops. Calculated. To push the agenda that this side are animals and the other side is peaceful and great Muricans! It's all a game to them.

• Like 1

Sooner or later, one of the folks who like to play army dress up is going to accidentally or purposefully fire a shot during one of their muh freedoms protests and then there will be one hell of a mess.

Edited by kevwun

Just now, kevwun said:

Sooner or later, one of the folks who like to play army dress up is going to accidentally or purposefully fire a shot and then there will be one hell of a mess.

Or if the left acted like the right and police there would be a planned shooting of a cop at one of those white supremacist rallies to spark it off. 

27 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

that fucker che guerra!  wait...

i mean, i guess it sounds brown so fuck it, why not?

• Haha 1