Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

29 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

If this is true about Hill’s daddy, then aggy definitely still in play as long as they are willing to pay…which they will big time to avoid the embarrassment of Hill signing with Texas. The decommit was Hill calling their bluff, so they’ll be ponying up in no time to save face. 

The problem is the bags aren't going to be there for just 1 or 2 guys, it's all or nothing type happening. Why overpay for a couple defender recruits if your still going to go .500 because everyone else left.

They won't know whose really staying until it's too late. Bags gotta decide how much they are willing to throw out the window for likely nothing in return anytime soon. 

It would be easier for alumni to start taking online classes at Georgia so they could swap allegiance and enjoy football season next year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, EZ$ said:

If this is true about Hill’s daddy, then aggy definitely still in play as long as they are willing to pay…which they will big time to avoid the embarrassment of Hill signing with Texas. The decommit was Hill calling their bluff, so they’ll be ponying up in no time to save face. 

I think this is equivalent to Peyton Bowen not telling Okie mods that he was visiting Texas. Yeah you are involved as front row participants to see me commit somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

In reality, Hill went to ATM and heard all of the reasons why not from players on campus. There are guys there right now that do not want to be there. Some will be portaling soon. Others are trapped by the money and playing time. None of either type is happy. Hill walked away from this past weekend and basically said there was no way he could go there and his parents relented in accordance with that. ATM is out. They bought their way into that recruitment and that wasn't enough to hold on to the guy. He's literally learned the lesson at 17 that some people never learn and the rest of us usually learn painfully later - there's more to a job or experience than money.

If only Evan Stewart was that smart...

• Hook 'Em 1

I've seen nothing to indicate Jimbo would go away if the bags go empty. His bag has a contract stapled to it so he's going to giberish all the way to the bank. Only a live boy or dead girl (or a really ugly DWI arrest) would uproot him. I would really feel sorry for any other program that was so stupid as to tie themselves to that has been hack hillbilly. But again, aggy is the undefeated champion of stupid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

I've seen nothing to indicate Jimbo would go away if the bags go empty. His bag has a contract stapled to it so he's going to giberish all the way to the bank. Only a live boy or dead girl (or a really ugly DWI arrest) would uproot him. I would really feel sorry for any other program that was so stupid as to tie themselves to that has been hack hillbilly. But again, aggy is the undefeated champion of stupid.

If the Aggies come to Jimbo and say "here's 30 million dollars. You can take it now and not have to coach another game for the rest of your life if you so choose or you can coach for the next nine years in hell to collect the full 90 million"  my guess is that Jimbo would take the money and run.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Knowing the guy's history from a coaching perspective and his used car salesman ability to read his marks, I'm betting he knows that the only thing that really matters now is beating LSU. Auburn is noise either way and UMass can legitimately be ignored. Beat LSU to go 5-7 or 6-6 and the redasses will forgive all of the sins and convince themselves that next year, of course, is the year. Thus, the spigot gets turned back on for the portal and a mercenary close of the 2023 class. That's his Indiana Jones hat under the closing rock door maneuver. 

All I know is that if aggy beats LSU, they will make another memorial cup about it because what the fuck else can they ever celebrate?

I could see aggy making Jimbo's life so miserable that he walks away, but it's still going to cost them dearly. They might not end up paying the whole $90m, but they sure as shit aren't getting off scot-free.

It's a risky proposition for aggy boosters though because they're gonna have to endure several years of pain to make it happen. The name of the game now is NIL first, second, and third. If they shut off the spigot, everyone in the region is gonna feast on their carcass and that will set them back years.

It does seem quite clear that players on that roster are not getting what they were promised, or thought they were promised, and word is starting to circulate.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

If the Aggies come to Jimbo and say "here's 30 million dollars. You can take it now and not have to coach another game for the rest of your life if you so choose or you can coach for the next nine years in hell to collect the full 90 million"  my guess is that Jimbo would take the money and run.

Maybe but why? He holds all the leverage. He can just rack up L after L and destroy that program down to its foundation in as little as 2 years.

If I’m Jimbo I’m telling these morons that come at me with that shit that if you want me gone, buy my entire contract out or the entire place burns.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I think he would say FUPM

39 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

He can just collect 90 million and never have to coach another game the rest of his life either. lol

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Since we've all been wondering what in the fuck is going on over in BCS, the speculation from folks who have a better chance of knowing than anyone else we could quote here is that the spigot is turned to a trickle for Fisher. He needs to win out and short of that, not get embarrassed by LSU and close out at 5-7. They cannot buy him out at this point, but they can make him so miserable and uncompetitive that they hope he chooses to leave on his own. 

I challenged that premise, given that I think he's a spiteful, angry little leprechaun and I don't think he'll walk away. "We'll see." is what came back to me.

Fisher is asking for a war chest for the portal. I guess if he wins out, he gets it? Unclear. 

Knowing the guy's history from a coaching perspective and his used car salesman ability to read his marks, I'm betting he knows that the only thing that really matters now is beating LSU. Auburn is noise either way and UMass can legitimately be ignored. Beat LSU to go 5-7 or 6-6 and the redasses will forgive all of the sins and convince themselves that next year, of course, is the year. Thus, the spigot gets turned back on for the portal and a mercenary close of the 2023 class. That's his Indiana Jones hat under the closing rock door maneuver. 

Personally I’m rooting for 5-7.It’s bad enough to kill the outside perception but good enough for all those desperate Ags to talk themselves back into believing in Jimbo. I want Jimbo to dry at A&M as long as possible. This is like his stint at FSU if he stayed four years longer and never won the title. 

28 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I could see aggy making Jimbo's life so miserable that he walks away, but it's still going to cost them dearly. They might not end up paying the whole $90m, but they sure as shit aren't getting off scot-free.

It's a risky proposition for aggy boosters though because they're gonna have to endure several years of pain to make it happen. The name of the game now is NIL first, second, and third. If they shut off the spigot, everyone in the region is gonna feast on their carcass and that will set them back years.

It does seem quite clear that players on that roster are not getting what they were promised, or thought they were promised, and word is starting to circulate.

I never understand people who say this. There’s no amount of difficulty aggy can conjure up that will make Jimbo leave for anything less than his full contract amount. He holds all the cards, not the other way around. 

26 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Maybe but why? He holds all the leverage. He can just rack up L after L and destroy that program down to its foundation in as little as 2 years.

If I’m Jimbo I’m telling these morons that come at me with that shit that if you want me gone, buy my entire contract out or the entire place burns.

Exactly. If I’m Jimbo, I continue to burn the program to the ground and get them to pay even more than the guaranteed amount to leave early. This is aggy after all, they are the unquestioned number one at negotiating against themselves. Sexton might be able to just sit at the table in silence and walk out with $120 million. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Why?

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Since we've all been wondering what in the fuck is going on over in BCS, the speculation from folks who have a better chance of knowing than anyone else we could quote here is that the spigot is turned to a trickle for Fisher. He needs to win out and short of that, not get embarrassed by LSU and close out at 5-7. They cannot buy him out at this point, but they can make him so miserable and uncompetitive that they hope he chooses to leave on his own. 

I challenged that premise, given that I think he's a spiteful, angry little leprechaun and I don't think he'll walk away. "We'll see." is what came back to me.

This is the textbook definition of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. And let me tell you, I am here for it. War Eagle! Hold that Tiger! Whatever the fuck UMass says!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

It's A&M.  They'll probably just pull a Tech, fire him, not pay him, and rely on their immunity and the statutory caps to protect them.  

That’s been speculated a lot. But that only protects them from paying Jimbo’s contract. Jimbo, given his age and public perception, might feel like he had nothing to lose by spilling every bean that he had on them. Why would he hold back?

He could taint the job for a decade or more just by talking shit about their “guaranteed” contract and how dishonest they are. What established coach worth a shit would take that job? Plus they already hiked up their skirt and told everyone that you should only take huge guaranteed contracts from them. 

Edited by Xminus6

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

This. "You're destroying the program so if you don't leave we'll destroy the program" is totally on-brand for aggy, but not exactly a great negotiating tactic.

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Having boosters tell you "thanks but no thanks" is not constructive dismissal.

I am talking about all the Ags who think they can just make Jimbo’s life personal hell and fuck him out of 50 million dollars. Cutting off the money spigot just means the boosters get to watch Texas, OU, LSU and the rest of the SEC run a train on A&M recruiting wise and putting them in big massive hole.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Xminus6 said:

That’s been speculated a lot. But that only protects them from paying Jimbo’s contract. Jimbo, given his age and public perception, might feel like he had nothing to lose by spilling every bean that he had on them. Why would he hold back?

He could taint the job for a decade or more just by talking shit about their “guaranteed” contract and how dishonest they are. What established coach worth a shit would take that job? Plus they already hiked up their skirt and told everyone that you should only take huge guaranteed contracts from them. 

You're assuming they're smart enough to consider all of that.  I think they've already proven they aren't.