Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

My understanding is that while a buyout check may be paid by the university/AD, those funds are primarily from boosters, not general funds. Maybe somebody can confirm that?

It’s not like these AD’s have a reserve set aside to fund a buyout. In that sense I don’t think revenue from a media contract necessarily means they have money for a Jimbo buyout as that money is generally spoken for.

Yeah, this is correct. @statsman was talking out of his ass, but hey, he sound confident. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, this is correct. @statsman was talking out of his ass, but hey, he sound confident. 

Well, I was talking out of my ass, but it was based on the assumption that ADs use GAAP to create different balance sheet accounts for revenue based assets (from different sources, like media contracts and booster donations) and different balance sheet accounts for debts (including unplanned ones, like coaching buyouts). Forgive me if they’re actually just writing checks by donors to pay off fired coaches. 

Edited by statsman

Auburn will kill A&M. I know they're both bad. I haven't seen Auburn play a down this year. I'm sure the general appraisal of their team around here is accurate.

Weekly, A&M is compared to other teams based on talent estimates. That analysis is consistently wrong other than their strong showing against Alabama.

Go with emotion on this one. Auburn seems to be rising to a change in regime and the removal of a cloud over their program. A&M has had no such luck. Auburn will be buoyed by a crowd hungry for something new and better. A&M will quit at the first sign of adversity; they just don't seem to give much of a shit.

The Aggies will have a rash of false starts and likely a few extra dropped balls due to the environment. 

My gut tells me this could become a shameful for Aggies/glorious for everyone else rout.

The wild cards are Weigman and reported flu at Auburn. I don't think either will be enough for A&M.

Of course, with my history as a prognosticator, I've likely jinxed the whole thing. At least I didn't start with, "I'm calling my shot."

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It feels like he’s already doing it bizzle  style. 

@Bruh Man Moved to northern canada to study eskimos on the ice floats. He gets supplies dropped to him once every 2 months. As part of those supplies, it is the local newspaper from College Station. His next shipment arrives Tuesday. Bruh Man still believes that this is a top 10 team that was about to obliterate App State at the time of his last supply drop. He has been writing a 10,000 word tome on the deification of Jimbo Fisher that he will publish once the satellites come back around. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Auburn will kill A&M. I know they're both bad. I haven't seen Auburn play a down this year. I'm sure the general appraisal of their team around here is accurate.

Weekly, A&M is compared to other teams based on talent estimates. That analysis is consistently wrong other than their strong showing against Alabama.

Go with emotion on this one. Auburn seems to be rising to a change in regime and the removal of a cloud over their program. A&M has had no such luck. Auburn will be buoyed by a crowd hungry for something new and better. A&M will quit at the first sign of adversity; they just don't seem to give much of a shit.

The Aggies will have a rash of false starts and likely a few extra dropped balls due to the environment. 

My gut tells me this could become a shameful for Aggies/glorious for everyone else rout.

The wild cards are Weigman and reported flu at Auburn. I don't think either will be enough for A&M.

Of course, with my history as a prognosticator, I've likely jinxed the whole thing. At least I didn't start with, "I'm calling my shot."

Wow, Roma! You should open a betting site. With your good looks and snappy banter, you'll be an instant hit. I'll start a gofundme site so we can all contribute to the efforts!

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I think aggy beats auburn.

Auburn doesn’t do anything well and I think Weigman is legit.

Excluding the Covid year where there were no crowds, Jimbo is 3-9 in road SEC games. He's an awful coach on the road.

aggy might win but I certainly wouldn't pick a Jimbo led team to win on the road. 

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Its impossible to pick this Auburn/A&M game. This is the "who gives a shit bowl". No idea who is going to quit first. 

I've only watched bits of pieces of Auburn's games this season and I've been surprised at their effort. They aren't any good, but I haven't seen any indication that they've quit on the season. 

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

I've only watched bits of pieces of Auburn's games this season and I've been surprised at their effort. They aren't any good, but I haven't seen any indication that they've quit on the season. 

Does Auburn have a good running back? YES.

Does aggy struggle against good RB's? Yes

I take Auburn for the win with 300 yards rushing. 

Neither team is very good.  They both want to run the ball to take pressure off inexperienced or mediocre QBs, and because neither team defends the run well.  Auburn will lean on Bigsby and aggy will (or at least should -- who knows with Jimbo?) lean on Achane.  Auburn may have a slight edge playing at home and the Tigers may be motivated to get Williams a win, but it should be a close game.  It will come down to which team can keep mistakes and turnovers to a minimum. 

56 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Neither team is very good.  They both want to run the ball to take pressure off inexperienced or mediocre QBs, and because neither team defends the run well.  Auburn will lean on Bigsby and aggy will (or at least should -- who knows with Jimbo?) lean on Achane.  Auburn may have a slight edge playing at home and the Tigers may be motivated to get Williams a win, but it should be a close game.  It will come down to which team can keep mistakes and turnovers to a minimum. 

Achane rushes for 3-73 on the first drive of the game for a TD.  The rest of the way, Achane only gets 13 carries while King slings it 45 times.  

Jimbo and the 20__  MNC plaque:

Best George Costanza Yankees Trophy GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 9

On 11/8/2022 at 1:11 PM, Scholz said:

“They’ve been great,” Fisher said. “We’ve had conversations about (the future). They’re excited about where they’re going, what’s happening and the future of what you’re doing.

“We talk to them every day about it. As a matter of fact, two of them came up to me today and go, ‘I know we’re short, but man, we’re going to be a good team. We can still be a good team this year. We like where we’re going in the future.’

“They like each other. They practice together. They spend a lot of time together and unify.”

The only remotely true part of that bullshit is "they practice together".

I would think, "They're excited about where they're going", is also true, but not in the way they meant it. Ha

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

27 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

I would think, "They're excited about where they're going", is also true, but not in the way they meant it. Ha

Jimbo: “You’re excited about where you’re headed, aren’t you?”

aggy player: [giggling] “Sure Coach, I’m read excited about where I’m going.”