Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

39 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Some good Ag got us an update on the looch 44

DF3583A9-0857-4D7D-A6B0-CDF664231D6B.png

AA293491-A7CF-4494-8853-1CCDC905A67F.png

5DB3CC2E-247B-4520-935B-474B2A0B57B9.png

That’s one of the most pathetic Twitter exchanges I’ve ever laid eyes on. Billy’s a ~45 year old man who earns his living stalking teenagers, acting like an Internet tough guy, perpetuating bizarre aggy conspiracy theories, and building Jimbo’s bizarre cult of personality. It’s sad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

That’s one of the most pathetic Twitter exchanges I’ve ever laid eyes on. Billy’s a ~45 year old man who earns his living stalking teenagers, acting like an Internet tough guy, perpetuating bizarre aggy conspiracy theories, and building Jimbo’s bizarre cult of personality. It’s sad.

Thank good we have Brisket the Good Ag! Whoooooop

17 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I have got an aggie buddy that swears he was accepted into Stanford but spurned them for College Station. 

Stanford’s for punks. They can’t match the vaunted aggy network. Face it, would you rather have a ~500,000 job in Silicon Valley with equity, or a lifted maroon F-250 to drive around Katy to sell insurance?  
That’s what I thought. 

Edited by nnm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The aggies took Reed only to have Novasad flip to a school a thousand miles away lol

They screwed up that recruitment so bad. Bringing Malachi Nelson and Novosad on the same visit was colossally stupid. Nelson was never ever going there, they alienated Novosad for nothing.

• Hook 'Em 3

55 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This belongs in the poor decision-making Hall of Fame. It’s bigger than just choosing A&M over Stanford in a normal context. He’s throwing away a 100% FREE, fully-subsidized Stanford education plus a stipend/NIL 😵

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

This belongs in the poor decision-making Hall of Fame. It’s bigger than just choosing A&M over Stanford in a normal context. He’s throwing away a 100% FREE, fully-subsidized Stanford education plus a stipend/NIL 😵

For real. His parents need to have a serious sit down conversation with him this evening and try to stop him from making a monumental mistake. There's no way they think turning down a free Stanford education is better for their son in the long run. He's going to look back one day and wonder at what his life could have been.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, El Compadre said:

Silly me. I must've completely forgotten that Stanford aerospace engineering and aggy aerospace are basically a wash. 

E5FA3345-5BE8-4DFE-B2F2-AE6B00433375.jpeg

On top of how generally dumb that is, Stanford is a 15 minute drive to NASA's Ames Research Center. Way to pick a school that can get you to a perfect internship the same afternoon you have a class.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

These mental defectives will deflect and obfuscate themselves into even the most absurdly/hysterically idiotic lines of reasoning because it is all they truly have in the face of facts and common knowledge. 

Shit school, in a shit town, filled with shitty people.  Hell they murdered themselves out of one of their biggest turditions out of sheer negligence and wanton disregard for, ya know, physics. Fuck them and their chicken strips. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spoiler
Liucci
Staff
AG
...and all is fairly quiet, which is a good thing for the Ags.

Jimbo FIsher and Co. are in the midst of yet another strong close, flipping four prospects previously committed elsewhere over the past couple of weeks, highlighted by El Campo RB Rueben Owens. But we've known for a while that momentum in '23 hasn't come close to matching what the Ags had cooking on the recruiting front last year, That said, the Ags are likely to wind up with a top-15 class following a 5-7 season and, with a couple of late adds, could push for top-10 honors and will do so with a couple of monster signees headlining the list. From there, you'll see Fisher and his staff aggressively attack the portal from now until mid-January, which will probably feel like a second Signing Period in and of itself.

So as we sit here around 10 pm on Tuesday night and the A&M coaches tirelessly work the phones, let's take a quick look at what's still out there for tomorrow in terms of remaining targets not currently committed to the Ags.

As of tonight, I"d say there are two prospects who are legitimately worth watching, Louisiana OT Caden Jones and Alabama five-star corner Tony Mitchell.

Jones told us this week he was planning to wait and announce later in the process and sign in February, but it's one worth watching because the Ags knocked his weekend visit out of the park. Now, Caden could ultimately turn out to be a guy who signs early, keeps it quiet until his announcement, he could wait things out as originally planned or could end up signing somewhere and letting it be known tomorrow. Regardless of how, sources in College Station and Gainesville are aligned in terms of believing this one has a lot of Maroon & White momentum to it.

Tony Mitchell was a one-time A&M lean and is a longtime Alabama commitment. However, recent buzz has had Hugh Freeze thrusting himself into the mix and Auburn suddenly becoming the most-likely destination for the lockdown cover man. However, as of this evening, the Ags were still very hard at work and chipping away at a young man who has always had quite the affinity for A&M and who Jimbo and D.J. Durkin have prioritized from wire to wire. I wasn't feeling great about the Ags' chances following his weekend OV (it went well but the behind-the-scenes buzz was saying Bama and then, over the past couple of days, War Eagle) but this one has the feel of a wild ride to tomorrow's finish line. Stay tuned, as momentum here will likely flip several times between now and when Mitchell signs.

And by the way, can we retire 'FlipSZN' and 'HIM' already? Two of the most overplayed, 'look at how cool I am on social media' phrases in the recruiting industry in years and I'd love to them go away for good in 2023.

Edit to add I still feel great about A&M's chances with both Oklahoma WR Micah Tease and UNC transfer corner Tony Grimes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hookemATL said:

These mental defectives will deflect and obfuscate themselves into even the most absurdly/hysterically idiotic lines of reasoning because it is all they truly have in the face of facts and common knowledge. 

Shit school, in a shit town, filled with shitty people.  Hell they murdered themselves out of one of their biggest turditions out of sheer negligence and wanton disregard for, ya know, physics. Fuck them and their chicken strips. 

Palo Alto is a pretty shitty college town too. They do have the Rodin sculpture garden which is pretty nice -- I'm sure the football players love to visit it when they're not studying or practicing.

8 hours ago, hookemATL said:

My parents would beat me with a cane pole, hogtie me, and toss me on the first commercial flight to Palo Alto before they’d let that happen. A colossally shortsighted decision, especially if you consider the burn out/bust rate of their top TEs that recently went to NFL. 

This makes no sense on many levels. I mean even dropping a bag on the kid still wouldnt sway the parents if they were in their night mind. Seems they dropped a bag on the parents to 

It was a tough decision for Master Jaden Pratt to eliminate Stanford University and “flip” to the Harvard on the Brazos.   Looking back at his recruitment with all the man hours spent trying to make the right choice.  He asked his grandfather, an American, for advice.  Why not kill two birds with one stone?  Get a degree and play football!  So he filled out his white papers, did the brave thing and walked in to Jimbo’s office and committed to the Aggies!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11558067/Woke-Stanford-University-publishes-list-harmful-language-want-eliminate.html

• Haha 8

35 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Maybe the kid did not get accepted to Stanford? Maybe aggy afforded a soft landing. As mentioned above if he is dumb enough to pass on a degree from Stanford for aggy, then he prob should not have been there in the first place.

He was in. They're just going to be (even more) trash at football with all the post-Shaw transfers and he prioritied that over, well, everything else.

• Hook 'Em 1

Am I the only person that finds it funny that even though Jimbo is obviously mailing it in and his program and class are in disarray, he still found a way to dunk on Kiffin?

I'm amused by Kiffin's antics as much as the next guy, but damn if that ain't a "go get your shinebox" moment.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Am I the only person that finds it funny that even though Jimbo is obviously mailing it in and his program and class are in disarray, he still found a way to dunk on Kiffin?

I'm amused by Kiffin's antics as much as the next guy, but damn if that ain't a "go get your shinebox" moment.

Idk if a QB recruit wants to flip from Lane to Jimbo - without an OC… more power to them. I’d call that a win for Lane. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Why  wouldn't Hicks be over Hill in the Looch 44? Hill dropped out of it completely on 12/15.

5DB3CC2E-247B-4520-935B-474B2A0B57B9.png

Looch acts like it would be some limb he is going way out on for Hicks to be over Hill...when that's the case literally everywhere that does recruiting rankings

• Hicks is over Hill (9 vs 19) in the 247 Composite.
  • Hicks is over Hill (7 vs 15) in the On3 Composite
  • Hicks is over Hill (16 vs 62) in On3's rankings
  • Hicks is over Hill (12 vs 22) in 247's rankings
  • Hicks is over Hill (15 vs 18) in ESPN's rankings
  • Hicks is over Hill (5 vs 15) in Rival's rankings
  • Hicks is over Hill in the (1 vs 2) in Ketch's Lone Star Recruiting Top 100 for Texas

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Looch acts like it would be some limb he is going way out on for Hicks to be over Hill...when that's the case literally everywhere that does recruiting rankings

• Hicks is over Hill (9 vs 19) in the 247 Composite.
  • Hicks is over Hill (7 vs 15) in the On3 Composite
  • Hicks is over Hill (16 vs 62) in On3's rankings
  • Hicks is over Hill (12 vs 22) in 247's rankings
  • Hicks is over Hill (15 vs 18) in ESPN's rankings
  • Hicks is over Hill (5 vs 15) in Rival's rankings
  • Hicks is over Hill in the (1 vs 2) in Ketch's Lone Star Recruiting Top 100 for Texas

What if Hicks flipped to OU and Hill stayed with aggy?  Then Hill > Hicks in the Looch44. 

• Haha 1