Cheese Enchiladas

Tailgate

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

What goes in a vegan enchilada? Cashew cheese? I don’t really comprehend the concept.

7 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Not so fast! Vegans are evolving too. In some circles, real cheese from a consensually milked cow is permitted.

The ground “meat” comes in packages of plant-based protein and the fake cheese is from a package labeled Daiya.

Time for a "come to Jesus" meeting with the vegans. 

Most vegans and vegetarians give it up and revert to eating meat in some form. This would have been a perfect catalyst moment to push your veg head family back to the world of eating animals. Your only vegan offering should have been a corn tortilla.

8 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Most vegans and vegetarians give it up and revert to eating meat in some form. This would have been a perfect catalyst moment to push your veg head family back to the world of eating animals. Your only vegan offering should have been a corn tortilla.

or just put regular enchiladas in the small pan, and laugh later. 😁

I’m of the opinion that photo should be declared the State Photo of Texas. Not a pic of the Alamo or Big Bend or Willie Nelson. That spread of Mexican food from Tres Hombres.

As a young kid in Memphis, raised as a misplaced Texan, that photo while listening to Master of Sparks and Waitin for the Bus, struck strong Texas feels like nothing else ever did, especially after a few bong hits.

Those of you who’ve never lived in places without ready access to real TexMex don’t know how missing it triggers bad homesickness.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’m of the opinion that photo should be declared the State Photo of Texas. Not a pic of the Alamo or Big Bend or Willie Nelson. That spread of Mexican food from Tres Hombres.

As a young kid in Memphis, raised as a misplaced Texan, that photo while listening to Master of Sparks and Waitin for the Bus, struck strong Texas feels like nothing else ever did, especially after a few bong hits.

Those of you who’ve never lived in places without ready access to real TexMex don’t know how missing it triggers bad homesickness.

We used to go to Leo's regularly, in part just in hopes that BFG would show up and surprise us. That was a terrific neighborhood mainstay restaurant and it's missed.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, dcbc said:

Made some beefers with cheddar, aged white cheddar, and some Cotija. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

a297391a5d080ce2cd2195f4653dd935.jpgc8693afb08a3e2c089af0ae4dbce0177.jpg

Holy Mother of God-if heaven doesn't have these on the menu, I'll have to consider other eternal options.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 9:23 PM, dcbc said:

Made some beefers with cheddar, aged white cheddar, and some Cotija. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

a297391a5d080ce2cd2195f4653dd935.jpgc8693afb08a3e2c089af0ae4dbce0177.jpg

These look great. They look just like the ones my mother in law makes. But she hates shredded cheddar cheese. So she takes slices of American cheese and uses the cheese grater on them to sprinkle it on top. I thought she was insane for doing it but the enchiladas tasted fucking amazing when the cheese melted.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/23/2023 at 7:01 PM, Deej said:

I'll never understand the vegans who want their food to look like meat. 

"I don't eat vegetables. Can you make my brisket look like broccoli?"

The ones who try to pass cauliflower tossed in wing sauce as wings are worse than people who think chicken nuggets are boneless wings. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1