The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Hannity. If he and Hannity talk then he's at least alive. He can be in an altered level of consciousness but Hannity won't mind.

I notice that Hannity isn't exactly talking about him today, which I would have expected that Hannity would be one of the first sunshine pumpers out there talking about the wonderful conversations he had with Trump.

41 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

“He’s asking for documents to review.”

Lol he doesn’t read. If he wanted to make that believable, at least say “he’s alert and is watching the news.”

The only document review he's doing is going over the will to make sure everything goes to Ivanka.

So does anybody think those tweets are actually from Trump?
And he's got fans trying to catch covid in support of him.

Saw the same thing in miniature today. For whatever reason a park I was taking the family too has a parking lot that reminded me of my days on the west mall. One side apparently a BLM gathering, all wearing masks.

The other side a bunch of Trumpkins with flags and Skynerd blaring. No masks on that crew.

It threatened to put a damper on my mood.

Tapasuck

God forbid - but were something to happen - here are solid facts if a candidate is incapacitated or dies - (pre-election plus post-election, including Electoral College).  We are heading into the legal wars. Hundreds already filed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-trump-election/what-happens-to-the-u-s-presidential-election-if-a-candidate-dies-or-becomes-incapacitated-idUSKBN26N347

I hope the President has a miraculous recovery. I would say that for any President of the United States. When he loses, I hope he bows out gracefully. This might teach him some humility. He has lived in a bubble and then a silo all of his life. Facing death is a heavy fact to ponder for anyone, let alone - the President. Maybe this gives him the good sense to value every human. Longshot, of course, but it is 2020. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Exactly. I think he’s in bad shape and they’re throwing out chaff because it’s not clear he won’t be incapacitated soon. 

I’m of the opinion the other reason they got him out the WH was for message control around his condition.  If Meadows is the only senior adviser with access in the suite at WR, others in the WH can’t get info to leak.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

I’m of the opinion the other reason they got him out the WH was for message control around his condition.  If Meadows is the only senior adviser with access in the suite at WR, others in the WH can’t get info to leak.

That and no way in hell they want to risk carrying him out in a stretcher with an oxygen mask.

WH is supposed to have some incredible medical facilities.  They don't take him to Walter Reed unless they are very uncertain, or they are trying to lock down leaks.  I notice the leaks all pretty much end with him getting on the helicopter.

His lack of twitter activity is most damning.

43 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

When the Proud Boys name kept coming up this last week, we were all reminded of their favorite tough guy phrase: FA&FO--Fuck Around & Find Out or something like that.

How's that going for you GOP?

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Chris Christie hospitalized. Not a good development for him.

I'm holding off. He's likely got concierge care and isn't worried about the bill, right?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

That could certainly be. Which makes it all the more implausible that Meadows would just happen to throw water on the optimistic reports out of a newfound commitment to integrity. They’re releasing chaff. Which is what they should be doing right now.

I have no idea why anyone on this thread expects that we’d get a straight answer or even a not-purposefully-confusing set of inconsistent answers about the President’s current status. 

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I have no idea why anyone on this thread expects that we’d get a straight answer or even a not-purposefully-confusing set of inconsistent answers about the President’s current status. 

No one expects that. But they're not playing chess with foreign adversaries. This is just a continuation of the normal clown show. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

3 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

This cocksucker better not die. Dammit. He needs to see the other side of some bars for all the evil he has done in this world.

Do you trust American politicians to do the right thing and nail those fuckers to the wall? I don't. They'll hide behind "it'll be bad for the country" when it's exactly what the country needs along with laws banning gerrymandering and getting rid of the electoral college

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread