The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

55 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Serious question for medical professionals: What happens if you take a steroid every day? 

I have zero doubt Trump will want to chase this steroid high for as long as he lives. 

It eventually turned Sammy Sosa white. Not sure if it has the same effect for an orange man.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

1) failure to say when his last negative test tells me he was positive at the debates on Tuesday

2) He pushed for his own release for the optics, gambling hard he won’t need to be re-admitted. Sick and in a hospital, he knows the election is fucked, so he did everything possible to get out, even while still receiving treatment. 

3) The doctors are covering up a pneumonia diagnosis. 

those docs are some slippery fucks. i don't trust a word that they are saying. they are kayleigh mceneny in white lab coats with ridiculous embroidery.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ok, i'm thinking about this in real time, but let's take a quick look...

mike tv - obsessed with tv

violet - ate everything, had a weight problem, talked shit to her best friends, ended up with her face being an abnormal color

veruca - spoiled little brat, wanted everything now, yelled and screamed and had tantrums when she didn't get her way

augustus - german background, also fucking fat, didn't listen to warnings from professionals and experts

charlie - really fucking poor

is trump a horrific yet perfectly formed amalgamation of all the wonka contestants?

This is why Surly needs a Post of the Day function, @immamac

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

By letting his ass out, are the docs committing malpractice?

No, especially if he asked and pushed to leave early.  You document that.  He is cognitively able to make decisions.  He's also different in that he can have daily IV's etc at home.  A lot of times what keeps patients in the hospital is Home Health is only paid for about 3x a week by medicare/insurance.  This is a totally different situation.  Of course you tell him he needs to isolate but if he doesn't that doesn't fall on the doctor either.  

Edit: I don't think it's needed here but if a patient leaves completely against your advice, you go the extra mile to cover your ass by saying they signed out AMA - against medical advice (D/C AMA in the note/orders).  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Did anyone see the movie "Dave' with Kevin Kline?  I can't help but think he'll be in a coma in the White House basement within the next few days and Mark Meadows will hire a Trump impersonator to play Trump driving by in a limo or boarding AF 1.  

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

I almost gave you the Hook'em rep. I realized that may be in poor form. I don't really know anymore. 

It's more appropriate than ever.  I have come to realize OU really does fucking suck.  I don't think I'll watch Saturday.  Fuck them. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No, especially if he asked and pushed to leave early.  You document that.  He is cognitively able to make decisions.  He's also different in that he can have daily IV's etc at home.  A lot of times what keeps patients in the hospital is Home Health is only paid for about 3x a week by medicare/insurance.  This is a totally different situation.  Of course you tell him he needs to isolate but if he doesn't that doesn't fall on the doctor either.  

Edit: I don't think it's needed here but if a patient leaves completely against your advice, you go the extra mile to cover your ass by saying they signed out AMA - against medical advice (D/C AMA in the note/orders).  

Correct. There are very few times a hospital/physician can hold a patient against his will. Either the patient has to be incapable of making his own decisions or the patient is involuntary committed as a danger to himself or others. I can't think of any other circumstance (well, I guess I patient that is also in jail/prison, but then it isn't really the doctor doing the holding). 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It's more appropriate than ever.  I have come to realize OU really does fucking suck.  I don't think I'll watch Saturday.  Fuck them. 

hey, me too except the opposite but really the same thing. I don't even know anymore.

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Correct. There are very few times a hospital/physician can hold a patient against his will. Either the patient has to be incapable of making his own decisions or the patient is involuntary committed as a danger to himself or others. I can't think of any other circumstance (well, I guess I patient that is also in jail/prison, but then it isn't really the doctor doing the holding). 

except that it's a contagious disease that has killed 200k+ Americans (and that's likely low). At what point CAN a doctor rule in the public interest over a patient's (other than what you outline above)? is that it?

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You can't spell MAGA without AMA!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

“I have experienced COVID and now see that it is something that we all need to take seriously” is the biggest layup in political history. It really is astounding how bad he is at politics.

it's fucking awesome. anyone suggesting him recovering from this is a boost to his campaign has way too much battered wife syndrome.

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

“I have experienced COVID and now see that it is something that we all need to take seriously” is the biggest layup in political history. It really is astounding how bad he is at politics leadership.

FIFY

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It’s a combination of things but I’ve never had less enthusiasm for Texas/OU than this year.  
No Fair, no good teams and (almost) no fans.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

so, let's expand on this.  how many wives do you have and what exactly happens when they 'cross'?  Is is like Egon 'don't cross the streams'  bad or more like 4D scissoring?

Wires .... autocorrect FTW.

So sadly I cannot comment on wife crossing firsthand.

However, I’m pretty sure wife crossing results in some sort of unholy manbearpig like creature....

angry attack GIF by South Park

Especially when it’s ‘that time of the month’.....

Trust in Egon. Don’t cross the streams

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

fuck this guy!!!!!

His actions and attitude is culpable for the 200,000+ covid-19 deaths.

Agree! He doesn’t care how many people he kills with his self serving comments. He’s so immature. “Hey this Covid thing is not that bad, wasn’t for me. Basically the flu. I have no clue what these 200,000 people died from maybe the Dem Hoax. They probably killed them to make me look bad so I wouldn’t win the election, and named it Covid 19.  And Biden was their leader and I bet he came up this idea. I’ll put Qanon on it. They’ll find out the real truth.” 

Edited by Brandywine
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Appreciate it but I just say what I think is going on based on the info we have.  That's the problem with this administration.  Even the info we have on covid itself seems to be partial and being given with a political lean (see CDC issues).

That's my point. You explain the stuff based on what is out there to the public, but you qualify it not only with your own expertise and observations but with the current climate in mind. That's a scientist, and I appreciate it.

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

except that it's a contagious disease that has killed 200k+ Americans (and that's likely low). At what point CAN a doctor rule in the public interest over a patient's (other than what you outline above)? is that it?

I don't know that a private doctor can. Federal and State governments could potentially use their powers to quarantine an infected individual depending on the particular circumstances and disease.   

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

By letting his ass out, are the docs committing malpractice?

The doctors at Walter Reed are employed by the Navy, which ultimately reports to the Commander in Chief. The president calls the shots on what they say, what they do, and what he does (unless he's in a critical emergency, as others have stated). That's why this thing has been so screwed up from the beginning of his hospital stay. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

Jr may read/watch sources other than Fox News and OAN, and see who this is playing out and who it's going to be used against him during the rest of the campaigning.

lol at anyone using the word "readmittance".

he is not going back to the hospital.  not now, not ever.  he can get hospital-type service at the residence or the mini-hospital that's already in the white house.  the fucker will die at the white house before he goes back.

unless he's literally unconscious, and even then, it's 50-50, because they'll have to put pence in charge and people will find out about it.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread